Kingston shines in Sydney

maroonedinoz

maroonedinoz

A very much experimental Australian side have just defeated a less than 100% strong Ghana side at the Sydney Football Stadium 1-0.

Kingston was easily the best player on the park, with the commentator stating that 'with all due respect we don't expect to see this standard of skill from someone playing in the Scottish Premier League.."

Had it not been for goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer, who has just joined Fulham on a two year deal, Ghana would have won the match.

Which reminds me..now that Fulham have signed Schwarzer as their number one..what happens to Niemi?

A very much experimental Australian side have just defeated a less than 100% strong Ghana side at the Sydney Football Stadium 1-0.

Kingston was easily the best player on the park, with the commentator stating that 'with all due respect we don't expect to see this standard of skill from someone playing in the Scottish Premier League.."

Had it not been for goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer, who has just joined Fulham on a two year deal, Ghana would have won the match.

Which reminds me..now that Fulham have signed Schwarzer as their number one..what happens to Niemi?

shame the wage thief can't be ersed playing well where his money is made

Kingston GTF!

Wage thief? Aye whatever.

Lets see a fit Kingston next season in the famous maroon.

Wage thief? Aye whatever.

Lets see a fit Kingston next season in the famous maroon.

You are kididng right!!!!

The guy was great one week then looked like he couldn't care the next

too mnay Laryean Kingstons int he team thankyou

The People's Chimp

haha wage thief. i wanted a laugh before the bank holiday weekend.

jog on!

haha wage thief. i wanted a laugh before the bank holiday weekend.

jog on!

Is this player untouchable?

Okay it is all CLUM,Frail and Neilsons fault

Clerry Jambo
You are kididng right!!!!

The guy was great one week then looked like he couldn't care the next

too mnay Laryean Kingstons int he team thankyou

Kingston is the only class act we have at Tynecastle, unbelievable attitude you have. If McGHEE comes Kingston's game will raise even higher with hopefully decent footballers alongside him.

Unfeckinbelievable:eek:

Geoff Kilpatrick

The problem with Kingston is that his skill stands out amongst our sea of mediocrity.

He strikes me as being one of these players who will shine when he's surrounded by good players. I think Frank Lampard is the classic example of this. He was decent at West Ham but never stood out and struggled to make an impact when he first went to Chelsea. Then quality players came in beside him and he never looked back.

Some more quality in our team would not only improve the side but improve Kingston as well. However, I don't foresee that happening in the near future so in that regard it may be best to cash in and lift the overall level of the squad a notch from what it is.

I like Robbie! Injuries, African Cup of Nations, the fact that the team is guff and were playing for nothing, may have played a part in Kingston being a bit dodgy this season.

But mate if you can not see that Larry is our most talented player by a mile then you need your eyes testing.

Boab Mugabe

Funny how he can make the effort for Ghana yet when it comes to Falkirk he goes missing...

Kingston gets payed far too much for what he contributes, he's like most of the others, play if they can be bothered! Having said that, if I was Kingston, i'd be wanting to know why I should care if the rest don't. I'll be surprised if MadVlad hasn't cashed in on him before the season starts, a half decent club comes in, he'll be away. Thats the way things are at the moment!

coppercrutch

I think I8Hibsh was simply trying to state that Kingston has shown a lack of effort this season.

I would tend to agree. His skills and ability are awesome. But he does seem to try when he feels like it. As stated above a good manager may bring out some absolute magic in the boy next season...

Finger crossed !!

Rawrrrrrrr

Im sick of the endless defence of kingston

What exactly has he done in a maroon shirt?

Very little tbh he had a good run towards the end of the season we first signed him but since then he has picked up silly injury after silly injury, had a lot of internationals and when fit hasnt bothered his ass for us

Not the sort of player I want in maroon

Give me 10 Brelliers, Severins etc anyday, players who would always give 100% effort and not simply when it suited there own career agenda

Frankly I would not be bothered in the slightest if Kingston is moved on in the summer, an expensive occasional luxury we cannot afford

Clerry Jambo

Very little tbh he had a good run towards the end of the season we first signed him but since then he has picked up silly injury after silly injury, had a lot of internationals and when fit hasnt bothered his ass for us

Give me 10 Brelliers, Severins etc anyday, players who would always give 100% effort and not simply when it suited there own career agenda

Frankly I would not be bothered in the slightest if Kingston is moved on in the summer, an expensive occasional luxury we cannot afford

Usual Prancer Pesh:dribble::dribble:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Another point about Larry's performance tonight. He played in the centre of midfield for Ghana, although he doesn't normally play there for them. His passing in particular stood out as part of his man of the match performance.

Just wait and see what a proper manager who likes entertaining attack minded football gets out of Kingston

He'll become a legend next year under McGhee.....cough, well he'll certainly be an asset in a better footballing environment

Another point about Larry's performance tonight. He played in the centre of midfield for Ghana, although he doesn't normally play there for them. His passing in particular stood out as part of his man of the match performance.

aacch - he's completely wasted as a right winger. Nonsense that he has been played our there for Hearts.

Fair enough in a fluid Ghana midfield with superstars inside him but he could be the best central midfielder in the SPL.

His talent has been totally wasted at Hearts (does this ring a bell.....?)

Geoff Kilpatrick
aacch - he's completely wasted as a right winger. Nonsense that he has been played our there for Hearts.

Fair enough in a fluid Ghana midfield with superstars inside him but he could be the best central midfielder in the SPL.

His talent has been totally wasted at Hearts (does this ring a bell.....?)

I would agree if he upped his workrate to that which is required of a central midfielder in the SPHell. However, he doesn't seem to have the desire to do that.

Kingston needs to get his finger out pronto. The level of effort he puts in compared to the wages he gets is completely unacceptable.

While I wouldn't shed any tears if he left this summer, I'd be willing to give him one more year with a new coach and better players around him, as he is, without doubt, the most talented player we have at the club.

I can't help but think that it would be beneficial for both parties if he left sooner rather than later, though.

Skacel's left boot

Yeah, there is absolutely no point in getting rid of Larry right now. While I accept he his not performing as he is expected to, he is at the same time one of the better players at the club without a shadow of a doubt. And if Mark McGhee or whoever comes can fill him with a bit more motivation and find some other semi decent players to allow him to play to his potential (just liike ghana) then we may all change our tune.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

WeeToonJambo

I'm convinced that Larry's lack of motivation was something to do with his relationship with our caretaker manager (something I heard but can't confirm) and we'll see a different Larry with Mark McGhee in charge.

did kisnorbo play?

jambojim52

I think the main problem this season was ( yes I Know) Not having a manager. Players doing well in training, are not picked on the Saturday, due to showcasing poorer players. If we get MM ( or anyone competent )then hopefully this will stop, and working hard in training will mean something again.Players like LK need to play to thier skills, and if tactics and selection stifle this, then what more can you expect?

MM likes to play football and LK may well come into his own under this style of play.

Nucky Thompson

Prancer you wouldn't know a quality footballer if he came up and smacked you in the mouth:cool: I wish we had another 10 Larry Kingstons:rolleyes:

John Findlay

If he is hear next season then I hope there are headlines of Kingston shines in Gorgie, West Glasgow, East Glasgow, Lochend, Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Aberdeen, Paisley, Hamilton, Motherwell and Dundee.

John

Kingston GTF!

agree 100% unless he plays for his dosh he can just get to

Prancer you wouldn't know a quality footballer if he came up and smacked you in the mouth:cool: I wish we had another 10 Larry Kingstons:rolleyes:

I thought you were going to say you wished the quality footballer would go and smack him in the mouth, I think we'd all be happy with that.

:P

Why should he try 110% in games that dont mean s**t surrounded by a bunch of muppets.

He will be good next season for sure.

Kingston is on a huge wage.

He's also our classiest player, but sometimes playing along side Ivaskevicius can get you ****ed off.

jamboinglasgow
I think the main problem this season was ( yes I Know) Not having a manager. Players doing well in training, are not picked on the Saturday, due to showcasing poorer players. If we get MM ( or anyone competent )then hopefully this will stop, and working hard in training will mean something again.Players like LK need to play to thier skills, and if tactics and selection stifle this, then what more can you expect?

MM likes to play football and LK may well come into his own under this style of play.

well not all players that do well in training should be picked, according to frail every week Elliot was amazing in trainning so justified his place in the team,

Bunny Munro

He is IMO overall our second best player, behind Pinilla, on overall skill.

However, ever since he signed permently he's given the square root of fek all.

On the money he is being paid, and on his overall ability, he shouldnt give a toss who he is playing beside.

Another 10 kingstons?

I'd rather have another 10 Clums, at least he apears to try.

Bunny Munro

Kingston GTF!

Chirst im agreeing with i8hibsh. Dont see that everyday. ;)

If he wasn't so talented, I wouldn't have been half as annoyed with him as I have been lately. At a time when we were really struggling, we needed players like him to step up to the mark and lead by example but he just seemed to lose interest a bit. Disappointing really. But like others have said, he may well respond to strong management so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for us next season...I just hope he is too.

Seymour M Hersh

Kingston GTF!

Have a word with yourself.:mad:

Seymour M Hersh

Can I be that quality football player please? Can I, can I????;)

jambojim52
well not all players that do well in training should be picked, according to frail every week Elliot was amazing in trainning so justified his place in the team,

That's not what I said , However now you mention the Frail /Elliot connection, can you honestly beleive what was being said? Frail picked Elliot, but surley no-one believed he played well in training. IF he was then what happened between trainging and playing? Even Frail should have seen Elliot was not up to it.

Oh look - an anti-Hearts rant from Prancer.

Gigolo-Aunt

If a decent bid came in today, I would sell sell sell.

Real quality but only interested in himself. Thats ok if he is doing the business, but he picks and chooses when hew wants to try.

Also think he has a serious attitude problem.

Francis Albert

Real quality but only interested in himself. Thats ok if he is doing the business, but he picks and chooses when hew wants to try.

Lot's of players with real talent have attitude problems. Good managers manage it.

Gigolo-Aunt
Lot's of players with real talent have attitude problems. Good managers manage it.

Fair point. MM (if he comes), may just get the best out of him.

I suppose it comes down to that I really cant be arsed with the guy and think he will not show up when the chips are down.

:)

Dirk Diggler

A hard kick up the arse is required, no doubt about it.

Clearly he had no respect for SF, his actions at Rugby Park were evidence of that.

I'd prefer to wait until Jan and if no change in his attiude is in evidence, I'd punt him then.

I'd apply the same to Pinilla.

You can argue about Kingstons performances all you like........

The fact he is paid a shedload is neither here nor there to any of us tho. I mean, Im reading things like "waste of money" and "not done enough considering his wage" on this thread.

What have the wages got to do with us? If Gary Glen has an exeptional season next year, will all these punters be saying "its a disgrace, he's doing FAR more for someone on a wage like his" and "Hearts MUST give him a pay rise"?

Kingston showed in glimpses what a class act he can be. He never done it on a consistant basis tho. Probably a fair few reasons for that, I'd like to see him in a decent, well managed side, and hopefully next year, I will.

I don't pay his wages tho. I couldn't give a toley if he was on a tenner, or ten grand. Im not paying it. Christ, if you lot are concerned about Kingstons wages, how the hell do you manage to sleep when we have a debt of 30 odd million?

Archived