Who would you take from Well ?

Dazo

Maybe jumping the gun here but if MM was appointed who would you want him to bring ?

I can think of 4 that would improve our team.

Reynolds

Smith

Porter

McCormack.

Guest GhostHunter
Maybe jumping the gun here but if MM was appointed who would you want him to bring ?

Reynolds

Smith

Porter

McCormack.

Perm any 3 from 4 to be honest.

Especially McCormack and Porter.

Smith would be a good no 1 for the coming season.....

Darth Sidious

McCormack on a bosman, straight away.

The rest will cost money and I am sure Boyle will not be happy to lose more to Hearts.

McCormack.

I am not convinced the other players are better than what we have, with a manager at te helm.

I thought Vlad hates managers who takes the best players from clubs?

or is that just when it goes against him?

hmm..:)

alex plode

Sign McCormack and build a brand new team around him.

Keep Berra, Karapidis, Ruben, Kingston and Glen in starting XI.

Apart from that we need new blood.

rossthejambo

McCormack's away to wigan in the summer.

id take hughes and reynolds. i wouldnt mind if porter or clarkson came either.

The People's Chimp
Sign McCormack and build a brand new team around him.

Keep Berra, Karapidis, Ruben, Kingston and Glen in starting XI.

Apart from that we need new blood.

I'd take McCormack straight away.

I'm not convinced by Ruben though and would hesitate to have him start every week, unless he can learn to stop taking 5 touches every time he gets the ball, stop his ludicrous dance every time he gets the ball as he is really predictable. Some of his passing is excellent, but he oftens takes so long on the ball that any opposition manager can read him and simply ask his players to press him, to expect him to take the ball, turn around, dance in an elliot style and then potentialy feck it up. It's perhaps a symptom of our lack of a manager and mcghee might bring the best out of him. Oh and he doesn't track back enough either.

jamboinglasgow

I'd take McCormack, I dont think he has signed a pre-contract yet, also saw an article where McGhee mentioned a few good youths, even a 16 year old. Think we can poach them.

Commander Harris

I'm too scared to comment until we get some official confirmation. please, please, please!

McCormack.

I am not convinced the other players are better than what we have, with a manager at te helm.

Seriously ?

Zal or Reynolds No brainer.

Banks or Smith, Smith is the better of the 2 and a lot younger.

Porter is better than any striker we have at the club IMO.

Patrick Bateman

Smith is a dodgy keeper, so I'd avoid him.

Porter scored 18 goals this season and only has a year left on his contract, I think he'd be a great buy, as would Ross McCormack.

I am with CH on this, still praying Mcghee comes.

If he does, hopefully he brings Porter.

He is exactly what Hearts need right now.

Rawrrrrrrr

Smith

Quinn

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

Lasley

Hughes

Malcolm

McCormack

Porter

Clarkson

Its a team that has done far more than our team

The ones highlighted are the really attractive propositions

Tbh Im still not convinced though

Seriously ?

Zal or Reynolds No brainer.

Banks or Smith, Smith is the better of the 2 and a lot younger.

Porter is better than any striker we have at the club IMO.

Zal is not a player that i'd envisage starting with what we have at the club.

From what i've seen of Reynolds he is no better than Berra, Karipidas and i'd rather take a gamble on the potential of McGowan and Rapnik.

Smith is okay, i don't rate him particulary highly though.

Porter is better only because Pinilla and Nade are an unfit pair of wasters. Otherwise he couldnt touch them.

Zal is not a player that i'd envisage starting with what we have at the club.

From what i've seen of Reynolds he is no better than Berra, Karipidas and i'd rather take a gamble on the potential of McGowan and Rapnik.

Smith is okay, i don't rate him particulary highly though.

Porter is better only because Pinilla and Nade are an unfit pair of wasters. Otherwise he couldnt touch them.

If you remove the ifs and buts they would improve our squad though.

Rapnik and McGowan IMO are nowhere near ready and not at Reynolds level.

Your right about smith but again he is better than we have.

Again because we have wasters for strikers Porter would walk into our team.

I am not saying these guys are superstars but they would improve our team.

If you remove the ifs and buts they would improve our squad though.

Rapnik and McGowan IMO are nowhere near ready and not at Reynolds level.

Your right about smith but again he is better than we have.

Again because we have wasters for strikers Porter would walk into our team.

I am not saying these guys are superstars but they would improve our team.

I guess i am working on the proviso that McGhee (or whoever) would be able to get much more out what we already have. I think its erroneous to say that Rapnik and McGowan are nowhere near Reynolds level. I am pretty sure if they where at Motherwell they'd have had first team experience by now and probably rated very highly. They have been heald back because of our squad size.

Again, its an IF but Nade and Pinilla have more talent, if we have a good manager it could make a huge difference. Saying that Porter probably would enhance our squad so i'd say yes to him.

Reynolds, Hughes, Porter, Hammel, Smith

I've heard McCormack has a major attitude problem; something we could really do without.

Look at me buying into all this McGhee as manager stuff - I don't even think it's going to happen!

Charlie-Brown

Reynolds

Smith

Porter

McCormack.

I'd prefer if the new manager worked with the existing players and then decided if he can improve them, where he might need to strengthen etc.

Weakening Motherwell in this way would create some bad karma...... :)

Guest JamboRobbo
I'd prefer if the new manager worked with the existing players and then decided if he can improve them, where he might need to strengthen etc.

I tend to agree, but it's a harsh job given the utter ****e that Vlad has left him to work with......

Weakening Motherwell in this way would create some bad karma...... :)

The existing players are not good enough IMO. I only care about making us better Karma is out the window for me. :)

Porter but I think he's on loan from a English team. Anyone know who?

Porter was signed on a free from Oldham last year, not sure how long his contract was for. But would cost a bit i guess

rossi_1983

McCormack never signed a pre-contract agreement with Wigan cos he wants to see where McGhee goes and what's on offer...allegedly :rolleyes:

Rudolf's Mate

Bit of a farce if we end up signing Hughes due to the fact we could have had him for pennies earlier in the season and pulled out. Expect he would command a much better price after what has been solid performances.

Hughes already knocked us back so i'm not interested in him, Ross McCormack is one player Hearts should be going for even if McGhee dosen't come, I'd take Chris Porter aswell, they can keep Clarkson, he's too much of a whinger and we've enough of them already if our diciplinary record's anything to go by, I liked Steve Hammell when he was there before, but wonder why he didn't progress any further down south. He's better than what we've got now though at left-back!

Depending on what McGhee's ambition is for Hearts Id only take McCormack and Quinn. Maybe Reynolds aswell. If McGhee is wanting to challenge the Old Firm we need to sign 3 or 4 quality players. A striker is a must.

The cruckie cookie

I think this thread is disrespectful to Motherwell and their fans.

Let's do things properly, and unlike the Old firm go on about how we can take players away from other clubs, some of whom are still contracted to that club.

Respect is what we should be about.

Let's do things properly, and unlike the Old firm go on about how we can take players away from other clubs, some of whom are still contracted to that club.

Seriously who gives a **** about motherwell or their inbred fans. :confused:

_39080543_ravenscraig203.jpg

Charlie-Brown

This is a bad idea - unless any Motherwell player really wants to play for Hearts (G.Smith maybe?) - would we want MM to decimate our team when leaving?

This is a bad idea - unless any Motherwell player really wants to play for Hearts (G.Smith maybe?) - would we want MM to decimate our team when leaving?

JJ, CL and Burley did it, It happens all the time and is nothing new. Managers go back to their old teams for players they rate and trust.

Chad Sexington

Absolutely.

Shower of bitter arseholes the lot of them.

I look forward to watching their inevitable decline now that their coach is leaving them for a proper club.

The People's Chimp

I have to admit to doing the old "coffee spray on monitor" at that.

well well ****** your well.

(why does the swear filter give 6 *s? it's a FOUR letter word that should always be directed at motherwell fans, beginning with F and ending with K.)

Totally disagree, this is exactly what we should be doing.

If it was up to me I'd steal every quality player from the 9 SPL clubs out with the OF. We'd be guaranteed 3rd at least.

Charlie-Brown

Several reasons why I think it's a bad idea....

1) When McGhee went to Motherwell he inherited a squad of players that had finished 10th & 8th in the preceding seasons - he didn't go back to any previous clubs to take players he basically worked with what he already had & added Hughes & Porter - there was real improvement at Motherwell and they jumped 7 league places. I'd think more of McGhee as a manager if he was able to get our squad and especially our strikers and wingers to start functioning as productive unit than simply raid an old club for their forward line.......I want real improvement not simply 'transplanted' improvement - as an example of what I mean Rudi Skacel added goals & skill to our team but take him out the team and we were little better than before in terms of goal threat.

2. I believe Players should be loyal to their club and their own career and not simply individuals - the head coach or coaching staff leaving is disruptive enough with a significant chunk of the team following on with him - just because Jeffries, Levein & Burley all did it doesn't make it a good thing - Hearts are not at the top of the football food chain the very same could easily happen to us - how would we feel then? honestly if one of our managers took our best players to Rangers or Celtic or wherever?

3. We need our rivals like Motherwell & others to be strong - it not only improves our league but also helps in keeping the Old Firm closer to the pack if more teams can take points from them - trying to taking advantage of them is the kind of shabby predatory & anti-competitive behaviour the Old Firm indulge in that we've long complained about.

We should become better by being better and if McGhee can help improve us then all well and good - asset stripping & weakening other teams is a short term and counter-productive gain for the reasons I outlined above.

Toxteth O'Grady
- asset stripping & weakening other teams is a short term and counter-productive gain for the reasons I outlined above.

Unless you are the OF;)

bishop1874

would like to see porter at hearts although i would have preferred miller at aberdeen.

Smith i think is good an its always nice to have jambos in the side.

mcormack obviously

hammel is pretty solid, comfortable on the ball, positonally aware and can pass unlike concalves

Several reasons why I think it's a bad idea....

1) When McGhee went to Motherwell he inherited a squad of players that had finished 10th & 8th in the preceding seasons - he didn't go back to any previous clubs to take players he basically worked with what he already had & added Hughes & Porter - there was real improvement at Motherwell and they jumped 7 league places. I'd think more of McGhee as a manager if he was able to get our squad and especially our strikers and wingers to start functioning as productive unit than simply raid an old club for their forward line.......I want real improvement not simply 'transplanted' improvement - as an example of what I mean Rudi Skacel added goals & skill to our team but take him out the team and we were little better than before in terms of goal threat.

Very pretty picture you have painted but it is not going to happen. Of course we should expect him to get more from the current players but he must be allowed to bring players in. If this means going to Motherwell for those players then so be it. What difference does it matter if it is Motherwell or Bristol city ?

MM had been out the game for almost a year before he got the Motherwell job, no surprise that he did not go to Brighton to get players for Motherwell.

2. I believe Players should be loyal to their club and their own career and not simply individuals - the head coach or coaching staff leaving is disruptive enough with a significant chunk of the team following on with him - just because Jeffries, Levein & Burley all did it doesn't make it a good thing - Hearts are not at the top of the football food chain the very same could easily happen to us - how would we feel then? honestly if one of our managers took our best players to Rangers or Celtic or wherever?

Most players could not care less who they play for. The play for themselves, for the money and for medals. The colour of the strip is pretty irrelevant. To think otherwise in naive in the extreme. As i have already said those managers mentioned have already done the same to us. Its not only part of football but common sense. A manager is getting someone he knows everything about so takes a huge amount risk of out of the transfer. Of course when it happens you are ****ed off, but thats life.

3. We need our rivals like Motherwell & others to be strong - it not only improves our league but also helps in keeping the Old Firm closer to the pack if more teams can take points from them - trying to taking advantage of them is the kind of shabby predatory & anti-competitive behaviour the Old Firm indulge in that we've long complained about.

We should become better by being better and if McGhee can help improve us then all well and good - asset stripping & weakening other teams is a short term and counter-productive gain for the reasons I outlined above.

Seriously who cares how strong our rivals are ? I don't the only thing i care about is how strong we are. I don't care where our players come from as long as they improve the team. I assume you have no problem with our predatory behaviour with Kaunas and their players ? Or does your new found footballing morals go out the window ?

Charlie when you wake up welcome to the real footballing world.

I'd take their Physio. He is excellent.

lol, heard the groundsman is quite handy too.

Archived