Ticketing Info: Dumbarton (A)

Harry Palmer

I'll get mine tomorrow prior to the meeting. Decent day out for a cold January which brings to mind if the weathers bad and the games called off I hope it's an early decision saving a wasted journey all the way down there.

Jambof3tornado

Rangers away the following week too. Plus alloa away end jan. Expensive month for me n junior as we attempt to get to every league game this season.

Bring it on.

Can't believe this fixture is coming back round again already, seems like no time since we were sitting in that one stand ground behind 'the rock' !

no sunbathing before the game this time but I'll be there - maybe visit the castle or just stay in the pub which seems the most sensible option

chance to make amends for these dropped points - van Zanten red card that never was and Ian Murray

The Treasurer

Rangers away the following week too. Plus alloa away end jan. Expensive month for me n junior as we attempt to get to every league game this season.

Bring it on.

January could be a tough month on the park and in the wallet.

queensferryjambo

I am stuck on 119 loyalty points just now.

Anyone not going and looking to harvest a few loyalty points at my expense please feel free to give me a PM.

Is there hospitality at Dumbarton for away fans?

Jambof3tornado

Anyone not going and looking to harvest a few loyalty points at my expense please feel free to give me a PM.

I think there is and it looked pretty good last time we visited.

oh ah grantona

I'll get mine tomorrow prior to the meeting. Decent day out for a cold January which brings to mind if the weathers bad and the games called off I hope it's an early decision saving a wasted journey all the way down there.

Plastic pitch and only 1 stand to clear id say game will defo be on 

The People's Chimp

Will likely go along again. It was a good laugh last time, and a few pints in the pub next to the station after the game made it an enjoyable afternoon. How time flies though, that was pre referendum with Yes and No campaigners out, high times, of debate, possibility and the sun was shining. 

I was slightly short on LPs last visit so me and my dad went for the hospitality. We had a great day there with the exception of the result. We parked at the stadium and went in early. One of the directors came through and blethered away to us and gave us a wee tour about as well as a walk out onto the pitch which had a great view of the castle. There was only 14 hearts fans doing the hospitality and we were treated superbly with a nice meal, some good banter from the Dumbarton contingent as well as getting a drink bought by the chairman for us all. It was made even better in the fact I was sitting next to George foulkes and his son for my meal. What lovely blokes with some great stories and both love the jambos for sure.

Can't recommend it highly enough if you are short of points. I assume it will be the same for this game. It cost 80 quid each which makes it a pricey meal and parking but a really cracking good fun day. Glad I have enough points this time but if I didn't I would have done the hospitality here again.

Plastic pitch and only 1 stand to clear id say game will defo be on

It's a grass pitch! If it's not then it's the nearest to grass I have ever seen, it's also a wide open stadium with little shelter from the elements.

Jambof3tornado

It's a grass pitch! If it's not then it's the nearest to grass I have ever seen, it's also a wide open stadium with little shelter from the elements.

Lol. 5g astro. Best ever apparently. Looks dead like real grass.

Would love to get two in the Hearts end - living just round the corner but, I reckon it will have to be the Dumbarton end again and, secret agent stuff.

Lol. 5g astro. Best ever apparently. Looks dead like real grass.

especially that sneeky effect of letting the "grass" grow long to upset out passing for our last game there

Jambof3tornado

especially that sneeky effect of letting the "grass" grow long to upset out passing for our last game there

Apparently there is a magic button you can press to lengthen or shorten the plastic grass. Marvellous.

loveofthegame

Got 150 points, didn't have enough last time round so delighted I can go in a few weeks.

How many tix do we get? Is Ibrox likely to be similar barrier (i.e. am I likely to have enough....?)

Ticket bought; looking forward to it already! Who'd have thought that a trip to see us play Dumbarton could be so exciting!

The Treasurer

Got 150 points, didn't have enough last time round so delighted I can go in a few weeks.

How many tix do we get? Is Ibrox likely to be similar barrier (i.e. am I likely to have enough....?)

I think we are getting a similar number of tickets for both (800 Dumbarton, 900 greyskull) so would expect the LP requirement to be around the same

loveofthegame

I think we are getting a similar number of tickets for both (800 Dumbarton, 900 greyskull) so would expect the LP requirement to be around the same

Good stuff. Just bought ticket so that is another 2 points, plus 3 to get for Livi ticket which I'm still to buy. Should mean 155 by time Ibrox tickets go on sale, hopeful/fairly confident that that will be enough.

oh well might just have to do home end again or just miss out.

last time additional tickets became available from unsold Dumbarton hospitality

I got one of these and points came down at same time with a handful of the original tickets still available

this time I don't expect points to come down as more people have the points - was 140 for first game as well

We should be getting so much more than 900 tickets for Ibrox. If we go there with a 12 point lead and win, that's effectively the league won.

I'm aware that Police Scotland have apparently put the kibosh on that but if Rangers wanted to sell us more, I think they'd find a way to do it. It's as simple as that for me.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Got 3 this morning.

Glad I bought them when I did!  Selling out in 4 hours is pretty impressive.

What's the best way to buy tickets for the home end?  From the stadium?  Anybody any idea of opening times and when Dumbarton are selling their allocation?

Got 3 this morning.

Glad I bought them when I did! Selling out in 4 hours is pretty impressive.

Considering how high the LP threshold was it most certainly is.

oh ah grantona

Apparently there is a magic button you can press to lengthen or shorten the plastic grass. Marvellous.

Made a bit of tube of myself there i thought it was plastic. Maybe they will get one for xmas

willie wallace

We should be getting so much more than 900 tickets for Ibrox. If we go there with a 12 point lead and win, that's effectively the league won.

I'm aware that Police Scotland have apparently put the kibosh on that but if Rangers wanted to sell us more, I think they'd find a way to do it. It's as simple as that for me.

What was the big deal about the first game.I was there and saw nothing to justify a reduced allocation.Obviously a couple of late goals led to some over excitement but nothing more than that.

Is it maybe in retaliation to our decision to cut theirs at Tynecastle?

What was the big deal about the first game.I was there and saw nothing to justify a reduced allocation.Obviously a couple of late goals led to some over excitement but nothing more than that.

Is it maybe in retaliation to our decision to cut theirs at Tynecastle?

reduced allocation for rest of season within a few days of first game - people have suggested its down to the Police

What's the best way to buy tickets for the home end?  From the stadium?  Anybody any idea of opening times and when Dumbarton are selling their allocation?

in person only, 10.30-3.30 Mon-Fri

called them this morning

boabyarsebiscuit

reduced allocation for rest of season within a few days of first game - people have suggested its down to the Police

It is the Police. Related to incidents on match-day one, which I believe involved the "throwing of missiles".

Jambof3tornado

Made a bit of tube of myself there i thought it was plastic. Maybe they will get one for xmas

Lol. You made me question why they would lay an astroturf pitch in such a lumpy manner!!!

Jambof3tornado

It is the Police. Related to incidents on match-day one, which I believe involved the "throwing of missiles".

Nothing was thrown other than that friendly govan smile,mostly from the lad recently released from the bar L with a face like a bag of spanners.

It's not as if they could not have increased the segregation area...............I mean with crowds as they are the fans were packed in within home areas.  :whistling:

This time they could easily give us a whole end for its not as if they will sell the other 42,000 tickets

Police/Club, it doesn't really matter.. they are costing Rangers up to a six figure sum with this silly decision

Archived