Indiana Jones

rossi_1983

rossi_1983

Went to see this last night at 00:01. Total disappointment! The lack of Nazis should have made me realise how crap it would be!

Even the 12 beers we bought from the guy's wee stall couldn't make this film decent :mad:

Went to see this last night at 00:01. Total disappointment! The lack of Nazis should have made me realise how crap it would be!

Even the 12 beers we bought from the guy's wee stall couldn't make this film decent :mad:

That sounds poor.

However I am still excited seeing the movie as seeing the originals in the cinema from the first time round. I guess its kinda a bit like Star Wars etc.

jamboinglasgow

went to it today, and though it is not as good as the orignal triology it is still a great film. Best to go not comparing it to the previous three. Though it does get a bit far-fetched (so much that it makes the ark of the convent and the holy grail seem normal plot lines.

I thought it was good.

The story was aff the nut, but then so were the originals!

Better than the second one I reckon, which will do for me.

Carl Fredrickson

I saw it last night at the Dominian and enjoyed it - though the ending wasnt great. I liked the wee through backs to previous films and the humour and cheesiness was still there.

As previously stated, I dont think it was as good as 1 or 3 but i thought it was better than 2.

Craig-Section Z

I think we need to see it sober. I was reading about it in the paper today and it gets a good review and there were bits mentioned in the review i cant remember. I think the alcohol clouded my judgement. That and the adrenaline from the mighty United winning the Champions League!!

On thinking back apart from the first bit of the film in the warehouse i remember very little of it. Maybe you spiked my drinks!!

I am still undecided about it.

The way I see it is Indiana Jones, to me, is all about biblical/religious mythology, which are half believable. Archaeology and aliens? That's bloody Stargate!

The action scenes are good, however the ending is just silly. In fact, as Mutt says 'what happened?'......it was just mental. :D I thought Cate Blanchet was great, and she normally gets on my tits, however her demise is awful. It should have been more graphic like in Raiders and Last Crusade, but I'm guessing it was cos it was a woman.

Anyway, best not reveal too much :D

Worst of the lot for me though. Hardly surprising given the mess they made of the Star Wars prequels (and I say they cos they are a pair of bumchums). :rolleyes:

JennyJambo

Went yesterday afternoon. It was alright.

Winstone is under used...I vaguely recall him saying the same line over and over again! John Hurt was good though and Harrison Ford still looks great for a man his age.

I got inexplicably annoyed at the fact that one minute they were soaking wet and the next dry as a bone!

The bairns loved it but I was a bit disappointed.

It's more of a sci-fi film than any of the previous films. Whilst it's enjoyable, I felt it was just missing the "magic" that made the originals so good.

I won't give any plotlines away. It's enjoyable enough, but it felt more like "a film with Indiana Jones in it" than "an Indiana Jones film".

hughesie27

Tiny spoiler highlight below.

How come his dad is dead, yet he drank from the holy grail?

Archived