Unveiling of Train in commemoration of McCraes

Hearts Heritage

Why do they always do these sort of things during the week?  I'd love to attend this event, but can't due to work.

Hope they get a decent turnout and the press give it good coverage.

Jambof3tornado

Just noticed on one pic there is a panel marked for filling with sand?? Any train buffs let me know why your train needs topped up with sand??

Son Of Anarchy

Just noticed on one pic there is a panel marked for filling with sand?? Any train buffs let me know why your train needs topped up with sand??

Used to be for the brakes.not a Scooby why now tho.

Jambof3tornado

Used to be for the brakes.not a Scooby why now tho.

Googled it. 2 nozzles use compressed air to spray sand onto drive wheels to create extra traction.

Bugger me,JKB taught me something today!!!

Son Of Anarchy

Googled it. 2 nozzles use compressed air to spray sand onto drive wheels to create extra traction.

Bugger me,JKB taught me something today!!!

Take a note of today's date as you may never say those words again :)

Adhesion - stops the wheels slipping.

so just trying to find more info as a few of us are going down to Waverley Station

from East Coast twitter (@eastcoastuk) event starts at 12.30 with train leaving 13.30 presumably the London train. As said earlier its called "For the Fallen" Royal Scots will be there, expect someone from Hearts perhaps

It was officially unveilled a few weeks ago and I'm sure that there have been ceremonies at Newcastle and also Kings X. The latter was at 11am on 11th Nov as far as I know.

Hmm,  a nice idea,  would also have liked a Scottish saltire on it as well as the Union Flag.      I suppose its a British train.  

Not criticising the overall idea though. 

My girlfriend was on the train, it was delayed in picking her up from Newcastle and then broke down between Berwick and Dunbar. She said it was pretty sureal being piped off the train. She didn't realise why that was happening. I would have thought the driver or train manager would have told them.

Bumped into Mrs. Budge as she was jumping on a Number 22 at Waverley Steps. Had to give her a Thank You to which she returned to me. She obviously knew my face from being a member of the elite ?500 a month FOH trustees :verysmug:.

Archived