Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Canelo posturing but says he'll fight GGG

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/canelo-to-vacate-wbc-title-338338

It's the fight everyone wants, hope it happens.

Canelo is a coward. His team probably have a lot to do with the decision but at the end of the day the fighter has the final say. Not sure if the fight will even go ahead now, the WBC will award the belt to GGG so removes a lot of incentive for GGG pursuing the fight. Maybe Canelo will go back down to Jr. Middleweight until GGG is old enough that they think he will have a chance of beating him? :lol:

Just wish they would be honest, if Canelo wanted to be fighting him they would be striking a deal, simple as that.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

vegas-voss

Bisping will do his usual in the really big fights circle to his left and get knocked the **** out.Rockhold just has better everything than him still good for Bisping to get his shot lile him or loathe him he has done a lot for the UFC.

AlimOzturk

Canelo is a coward. His team probably have a lot to do with the decision but at the end of the day the fighter has the final say. Not sure if the fight will even go ahead now, the WBC will award the belt to GGG so removes a lot of incentive for GGG pursuing the fight. Maybe Canelo will go back down to Jr. Middleweight until GGG is old enough that they think he will have a chance of beating him? :lol:

Just wish they would be honest, if Canelo wanted to be fighting him they would be striking a deal, simple as that.

You really calling Canelo a coward :laugh:

Well let's just debunk that right away.

He has fought and defeated - Cotto (twice) Shane Mosely, Amir Khan,, James Kirkland and has a record of 47 and 1 at the age of 25. Hardly a record of a coward. He also took in the best in the business In mayweather

Don't see why he should be rushed into a fight with GGG.

Edited by AlimOzturk

You really calling Canelo a coward :laugh:

Well let's just debunk that right away.

He has fought and defeated - Cotto (twice) Shane Mosely, Amir Khan,, James Kirkland and has a record of 47 and 1 at the age of 25. Hardly a record of a coward. He also took in the best in the business In mayweather

Don't see why he should be rushed into a fight with GGG.

The reason he's willing to lose his belt and duck GGG is because he knows he'd get his arse handed to him. That makes him a coward in this instance.

He's fine when he's fighting small guys at catchweights where he can pile on about 20 pounds on the day of the fight but he's terrified of being involved in an actual middleweight fight against people with punching power.

Should go back down to Jr. Middleweight.

AlimOzturk

The reason he's willing to lose his belt and duck GGG is because he knows he'd get his arse handed to him. That makes him a coward in this instance.

He's fine when he's fighting small guys at catchweights where he can pile on about 20 pounds on the day of the fight but he's terrified of being involved in an actual middleweight fight against people with punching power.

Should go back down to Jr. Middleweight.

He makes weight and does what he is meant to. Mayweathet didnthe exact same thing as does many boxers.

He will fight GGG but right the they are rushing him to do so is a disgrace. He needs a break

Everyone getting a bit emotional about Canelo above.

He's a good fighter and possibly the biggest name in the sport since Mayweather retired. His record speaks for itself. He plays catchweights, but so do a lot of other fighters.

If he wants to step it up to the next level, he has to fight GGG. And there aren't a lot of people who think he'll win when he does.

Anyone interested in the Haye fight? I see they're not giving this other bloke much of a chance.

never a 1/33 shot more like 1/10 will win though

AlimOzturk

Haye looks in incredible condition however his last two opponents are awful.

If he does fight Briggs it is a  step up even though briggs is  44

Rudolf's Mate

Blackwell really critical of the Eubanks for giving a press conference whilst he was in a coma. Saying his family pleaded with the Eubanks not to do it however they did so because of their own self interests. 

cosanostra

Roy Nelson confirmed to be fighting the Black Beast on the 7th July on the undercard of the RDA v Alvarez fight.

Lewis is a rising star but he's starting to fight some top 10 guys now. Interesting to see if he can keep on progressing.

He is one of the scariest dudes in UFC. He fights like an angry gorilla. Very violent and powerful style. He'll have to be taken seriously if he KOs Big Country.

TheTeamForMe

Great day of boxing tomorrow

C'mon Ricky!!!!!! Willie Limond still going strong too. Hope the home crowd lifts them!!

Di Rocco pretty much needing a knock down already and we're not even half way through the fight.

Will do well to last the distance.

Fair play to Burns but that Italian was absolutely awful :lol: You wonder how someone like that ever manages to become a number 1 ranked fighter. Terence Crawford or Postol would wipe the floor with either of them last night, as Crawford already has done with burns.

ufc predictions for tonight

Milstead KO

Sterling decision

Koch submission

Uda decision

Trujillo KO

Mcmann decision

Burkman submission

Masvidal decision

Camozzi decision

Story decision

Stephens KO

Almeida KO

Ibrahim Tall

Anyone watching the Bellew fight?

Both fighters in the ring.

Aye Atmosphere at Goodison looks class, heart says Bellew but my head says Makubu. Be pretty shit if the the whole event goes to Bellews head and he gets sparked early..

Ibrahim Tall

Oooft Makabu looks shit hot, just rope-a-doped him. ###### of a knockdown.

Maybe not. Pretty horrible looking KO. Hope he's ok.

Ibrahim Tall

It's 10:30 at night and some boy has just been punched unconscious but sky are apologising for the word ****? :laugh:

Ibrahim Tall

He used the F Word and called another fighter that 'Bitch from Bermondsey'.

The dangers of live interviews I suppose but funny nonetheless.

Glad that guy is ok.

He was totally sparked out.

One thing I've started to notice, literally no boxer has any respect for Haye. :laugh:

There might be some nonsense in the build up to fights to create hype etc but after the fight there's atleast genuine respect. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a good word about David Haye. Even Froch who's regularly criticised by the public for being arrogant or loving himself seems to be friends or atleast friendly with the majority of British boxers or that he's fought.

Haye is basically Tyson Fury without his gypsy pals.

good result for bellew i thought he was gna get sparked out but he got up like a champ and done it infront of all the everton fans good night of boxing for the uk

vegas-voss

Just caught up with the Ufc

Cody Garbrandt what a show.Very impressive.

Barao needs to give it up cant been a coincidence how far he has fell since the Ped testing started.

Edited by vegas-voss

Gavsy Van Gaverson

One thing I've started to notice, literally no boxer has any respect for Haye. :laugh:

There might be some nonsense in the build up to fights to create hype etc but after the fight there's atleast genuine respect. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a good word about David Haye. Even Froch who's regularly criticised by the public for being arrogant or loving himself seems to be friends or atleast friendly with the majority of British boxers or that he's fought.

Haye is basically Tyson Fury without his gypsy pals.

I think a lot of it is jealousy with Haye. He is a two weight world champ who has taken 2-3 years off and still sells more tickets forfights against bums than most fighters will ever do.

Bellew is a massive gobshite. Why else would he call out a man who has not fought at Cruiserweight for over 5 year? Haye is a money fight for him and he knows it.

AlimOzturk

I think a lot of it is jealousy with Haye. He is a two weight world champ who has taken 2-3 years off and still sells more tickets forfights against bums than most fighters will ever do.

Bellew is a massive gobshite. Why else would he call out a man who has not fought at Cruiserweight for over 5 year? Haye is a money fight for him and he knows it.

Would be impossible now for Hate to get down to cruiser weight

Generic Username

Looking forward to UFC 199. Shame the main event has chopped and changed a bit, I can't see Bisping lasting long up against Rockhold. Really good main card as well. I'd imagine Holloway could get a crack at Aldo/Edgar post UFC 200 if he wins.

I'd like to see Holloway Mendes first.

Surely Rockhold will win this. Cruz decision also most likely. Although the would love to see Faber win by KO or Sub.

If you haven't seen much of him yet, Brian T City Ortega is a guy I always like watching. He is on the undercard of 199, unreal BJJ skills. It should be a good night of fighting.

Rocco_Jambo

I doubt that many of them are jealous of him fighting bums on a comedy channel.

Generic Username

Can't believe Bisping put him away in the first round, especially given the preparation he had coming into it. Quite the achievement. Weidman will surely be thinking "that should have been me". Makes things quote interesting at the top of that division now.

chuck berrys hairline

Chuffed for Bisping the lad deserves it. Anyone see him screaming **** you at Rockhold whilst celebrating on top of the cage :laugh:

cosanostra

Great event.

I felt sorry for Faber as I like the little guy but I felt going into the fight that he had no chance. He's on a downward trajectory and Cruz is coming into his peak. I had a feeling that his confidence, bravado and talking shit was just to sell PPVs and he knew that he was losing unless Cruz made a huge error and got submitted again. 

I also thought that Bisping had no chance so that shows how much I know. :laugh: I still can't quite believe that happened. People are saying that he's the worst champ at any weight. Well done to him anyway. Rockhold is an absolute killer and beating him in any fashion is a massive achievement. Incredibly well done. Jacare will re-arrange his smug face but shocks are everywhere this year so who knows?

I love Alex Cacares. He's great to watch. Bruce Leeroy :rofl:

Holloway and Poirier look like they have both improved since their losses to Conor. Holloway v Conor again at some point in the future will happen I'd imagine.

Can't believe that Brock is returning. Mark Hunt is apparently tipped to face him.

Just announced the rematch of McGregor and Diaz at welterweight for UFC 202 in August

Can't help thinking the same result will occur