Tims supporting Huns

tinydancer

Listening to some of my Celtic supporting workmates it seems they would rather the Huns were promoted than us because it would fill Celtic Park again. When I questioned them about this they said the only games they look forward to was against the Huns. How sad to live your life in that much hatred!!!!!!

What the sfa/old firm forget is that we do not need a strong rangers and Celtic, but we do need strong teams.

Until that focus changes then scottish football will never truly develop into the game it could be

Teams doing well should be given a bigger allocation of tickets to help our brothers out. It's always so welcoming through there.

Paterson's Tache

What the sfa/old firm forget is that we do not need a strong rangers and Celtic, but we do need strong teams.

Until that focus changes then scottish football will never truly develop into the game it could be

How can forum posters get it and the folk at Hampden can't?

The best thing that could happen for scottish football is Rangers not going up, the only club it hurts apart from Rangers themselves is Celtic.

The best thing that could happen for scottish football is Rangers not going up, the only club it hurts apart from Rangers themselves is Celtic.

Correct.

They live of each other ones dead and the other dying on its feet, 3 years ago both combined got gates of around 100,000 thousand now it around 60,000 if they fiddle the figures around, no bad 40,000 lost souls or just glory hunters.

I know a few Jungle Jims that I play pool with and not one of them want sevco promoted. In fact the other week one of them said this season he is supporting us, for the first time in his life he said he looks up the Hearts scores each week with interest and hopes we have won again. 

nailed.

As the other clubs address their financial problems, the gap closes on Celtic.

I would prefer Hibs to be promoted with us (although it would be funny if neither Hibs or Rangers get promoted).

Parkhead crowds are dropping as fast as those at Ibrox, they have no appetite for Scottish football.

Complete failure in the CL and Europa Leagues will seriously hurt them.

league reconstruction for 2016-17 more than likely by the day.

What the sfa/old firm forget is that we do not need rangers and Celtic, but we do need strong teams.

ftfy

:thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

I know a lot of Celtic fans. Not even one want Rangers to be anywhere near top!

I'm the same, all the vicTims I know want them down as long as possible, and let's face it, it would be much better for the rest of Scottish football the longer these two are kept apart in different leagues as both sets of crowds plummet making both weaker. 

:pleasing: 

Do the Celtic fans the OP refers to actually go to games? I suppose they could do, as there must be 20-30,000 of them who only want to go to Rangers games but a few of the every game Celtic fans I know would be happy if they never played Rangers again. I can understand that their derby is the only game they look forward to. As a Hearts fan the only dates I look for when the fixtures come out are the Hibs games and couldn't give a shit about the rest. Going to miss that next season! 

Cellick are missing sevco from a financial viewpoint, however, without them, they are pretty much guaranteed champions league qualification(albeit qualifying rounds) without spending squillions of quid.

Their season ticket sales are down but that is down to the lack of any real challenge within the spl.

Anyway, who cares about them, would scottish football be any worse without them? no, remember they would piss off out of scottish football first chance they got, so if they are feeling the pinch, good.

On the flip side, it's one of the downsides to next season, (assuming that we get promoted), in that we have to "welcome" that shower of tom kite back to Tynecastle on league business.

Listening to some of my Celtic supporting workmates it seems they would rather the Huns were promoted than us because it would fill Celtic Park again. When I questioned them about this they said the only games they look forward to was against the Huns. How sad to live your life in that much hatred!!!!!!

They hate each other but would rather the two of them dominated the rest of us.

I think it's call an incestuous relationship.

I work with a lot of Celtic fans and they couldn't care less if they come back up or not.

As much as they hate Hearts, they're taking great delight in the league table.

I know, grew up, live next to and work with loads of mhanks and not one of them want Rangers promoted. Not a single one.

I know a lot of Celtic fans. Not even one want Rangers to be anywhere near top!

Correct, a few at the work just piss themselves laughing at the shambles that is trfc, personally I think the OP is talking kaka.

Doctor FinnBarr

Would you not miss playing Hibs after 4 years? I would.

Yep I'd miss them and the points we harvest but they wanted us dead so for that reason I'd be quite happy if we never played in the same league as them ever again.

**** em and all who sail in em.

Yep I'd miss them and the points we harvest but they wanted us dead so for that reason I'd be quite happy if we never played in the same league as them ever again.

**** em and all who sail in em.

I hate Hibernian as much as the next right thinking human being, but losing those games for 4 years would be brutal.

Doctor FinnBarr

I hate Hibernian as much as the next right thinking human being, but losing those games for 4 years would be brutal.

Forever would be too soon for me.

It's great that Sellick are withering on the vine without their proddy counterparts.

Long may it continue.

Agree.

Like fire needs oxygen, the bigot brothers need each other.

Just to be pedantic, fire doesn't need oxygen, it needs an oxidant, oxygen is simply the best known. Most things will burn quite happily in chlorine too...

But enough of combustion chemistry, I agree with your original point ;)

Forever would be too soon for me.

yes losing hibs would be sad frm a rivarly perspective and so appreciate to some extent selkick fans perspective but then again the two of them control Scottish football so unless or until that changes my sympathy is pretty short. Competitive league in Scotland arrives with the departure of both or the demise of one, simple really so **** them both.

I actually don't care about the hobos too much. Being in different leagues certainly wouldn't affect our ticket sales over a season I am guessing.

Happy for them to spend at least a couple of years in the championship.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Celtic fans might claim they aren't missing their counterparts but I think they're kidding themselves. Their dwindling attendances are a clear sign they're bored out their tits without them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't understand why any Hearts fans wouldn't want Hibs around. Pure comedy genius they provide

The People's Chimp

Football fans in wanting a local derby shock. Though having said that, I don't know any Celtic fans who want rangers up.

Archived