Question Time tonight

jamboj

Anyone else see it?

Really summed the current state of things up for me. Torys did their usual bash labour and say nothing constructive about how to solve the problems. The boy Maude clearly had no idea how to help the current economic issues and ran back to moaning about Brown. Blears (useless prat) just sat there saying "im listening" and blabbing about how much worse things were under the tories the last time. Lib dem guy was .....(insert comment, lets be honest, who cares??)......

On this fuel thing, no one mentioned that surely there will come a point where the fuel cost gets so high that people stop buying it, the gov starts loosing tax rev cause of this, decides to behave like a business and lower the tax to encourage people back onto the road and make their money again. Only question is when. Its an absolute joke the amount of fuel cost that goes in tax compared to the rest of the world.

Cant believe im saying this: bring back Blair.

jambos are go!
Anyone else see it?

Really summed the current state of things up for me. Torys did their usual bash labour and say nothing constructive about how to solve the problems. The boy Maude clearly had no idea how to help the current economic issues and ran back to moaning about Brown. Blears (useless prat) just sat there saying "im listening" and blabbing about how much worse things were under the tories the last time. Lib dem guy was .....(insert comment, lets be honest, who cares??)......

On this fuel thing, no one mentioned that surely there will come a point where the fuel cost gets so high that people stop buying it, the gov starts loosing tax rev cause of this, decides to behave like a business and lower the tax to encourage people back onto the road and make their money again. Only question is when. Its an absolute joke the amount of fuel cost that goes in tax compared to the rest of the world.

Cant believe im saying this: bring back Blair.

I was around when the last fuel crisis happened in the seventies and inflation went up to high double figures along with interest rates. Thats not happening now because were so much better off and food and fuel make up a much smaller portion of our spending. Even mortgages strangely enough dont account for the % of take home pay it did when me and the missus started on the property ladder.

I agree that tax on petrol is huge - as it is on booze which is still cheap. But tax has to be raised from somewhere and people dont like income tax.

Archived