Keepers wearing joggers/trackie bottoms

Locky

Gabor Kiraly has not long come on for Fulham sporting a fine pair of the clubs track suit bottoms, or as I call it, the Gilles Rousset. Slightly older supporters may call it the Henry.

Getting all nostalgic seeing it though. Was pretty much the done thing in the 90's in the winter months.

i wish jj was my dad

Billy Thomson wore them to hide his scabby legs according to one boy who stood near me in the shed who used to shout it every time Utd came to Tynecastle.

Did Andy dibble not wear them as well,as he was allergic to the grass or the paint on the lines or something like that?

Gabor Kiraly has not long come on for Fulham sporting a fine pair of the clubs track suit bottoms, or as I call it, the Gilles Rousset. Slightly older supporters may call it the Henry.

Getting all nostalgic seeing it though. Was pretty much the done thing in the 90's in the winter months.

I have my moments admittedly where I forget something completely...so apologies in advance if this is one of these moments...

Rousset....seem to recall he liked a long baggy pair of shorts...if he wore bottoms it must of been less than a handfull of times...cause for the life of me I canny mind!!

....and Henry....he loved a small pair of shorts as far as my memory serves me...

....but alas it may be me simply not remembering!!!

As a keeper myself I remember taking note of Kiraly's kit years ago and always thought it was bizarre that he wore light grey tracky pants on the pitch. I've seen another professional keeper wear grey ones ever. These days with most pitches being in lovely nick in the top leagues, there's not much point in keeper pants as most keepers view them as something to help prevent grazes and grass-burns.

The Mighty Thor

Ah trackie bottoms. The uniform of choice for the sub-standard keeper.

Traditionally found in the African Cup of Nations.

As a keeper myself I remember taking note of Kiraly's kit years ago and always thought it was bizarre that he wore light grey tracky pants on the pitch. I've seen another professional keeper wear grey ones ever. These days with most pitches being in lovely nick in the top leagues, there's not much point in keeper pants as most keepers view them as something to help prevent grazes and grass-burns.

Saw the goals last night on SSN and remembered Kiraly wears genuine tracky bottoms, rather than proper goalie bottoms. It is bizarre. And his are the scabby ones that you might find at the bottom of your drawer but never actually wear!

Saw the goals last night on SSN and remembered Kiraly wears genuine tracky bottoms, rather than proper goalie bottoms. It is bizarre. And his are the scabby ones that you might find at the bottom of your drawer but never actually wear!

Probably from primark

Thomas N'Komo Cameroon goalie in 82.

Got a transfer to a Spanish club and wore trackies in every game because he was too cold.

Rousset.

That hair. Did he not try to head the ball out of goram's arms at a game at Tynie once?

Maroon Sailor

The Sports Direct 70% off ones ?

Archived