computer game tells 11- year old she's overweight (wii fit)

Ivan Drago

The Old Tolbooth

Thats absolutely mad!

The lass is built like the gable end of a crisp!

I knew it was wrong about me all along the damn thing ;)

Commander Harris
Thats absolutely mad!

The lass is built like the gable end of a crisp!

I knew it was wrong about me all along the damn thing ;)

it works fine for you old people, it's just the youngster it can muck up with. :P

The Old Tolbooth
it works fine for you old people, it's just the youngster it can muck up with. :P

Now where did I put that middle finger icon?

:D

Ivan Drago

i reckon she prob just put the wrong height in or something stupid... (no watched the whole vid tho)

Haha, what a load of pish. She's built like the side of a fiver.

Dangerous stuff.

Though the question has to be asked, if this girl comes up as overweight then what the hell does it do when weighing one of the ten year old walking fridges that you see all the time? Is there anything past obese? Or does it just explode or something?

i reckon she prob just put the wrong height in or something stupid... (no watched the whole vid tho)

Sounds like a mistake to me. She never even knew her height or weight when prompted. Did they not think to re-check. Did her mum not think to check it before running to the news??

Sound like a bunch o idiots:confused::confused::confused:

That's McDonalds for you.....fat cow. Stop feedin her the happymeals

Ivan Drago
Sounds like a mistake to me. She never even knew her height or weight when prompted. Did they not think to re-check. Did her mum not think to check it before running to the news??

Sound like a bunch o idiots:confused::confused::confused:

sounds like it to me, yet more excuses to give video games a bad name - not only do they turn you into a blood-thirsty rapist, they now give you anorexia as well!!

Snake Plissken

Looks like it works with body mass index so the simple answer is she must have put in the wrong details.

I only watched about 30 seconds of it though, can't stand those kind of stories.

Mark_Mywords

The Wii Fit states in black and white that the BMI is not accurate with children.

They should learn to read before using it.

yvonnejambo

Yeah its not good for young people. I had my niece and her friends round playing on mine and all according to the wii fit were classed as over weight. My biggest worry is young people getting it in their heads they are fat when in fact they are just normal and healthy. working with young people who suffer with eating disorders I dont want to things like this to be adding to the already huge problem. I also hadn't read the bit saying the BMI is not accurate with children (I clearly worked out for myself when I saw their results though). How many others though will it plant the seed of doubt over weight?

Oh and I love my wii fit, just think it needs to be made VERY clear that its not accurate for childrens BMI

Im very slightly overweight which makes sense as i have filled out a bit lately. The misses says oh you were too thin before but I think thats just pure woman lies to not say yeah you are putting on weight. Anyway...

Put a friends wee one year old on the board after measuring him and what not and he went off the chart obese. So i think it just sucks at judging very young peoples weight.

I don't really see the need for people to spend ?63 for a computer console attachment to tell them they're fat.

If you're a porker, it's pretty fecking obvious.

The Old Tolbooth
I don't really see the need for people to spend ?63 for a computer console attachment to tell them they're fat.

Thanks for cheering me up mate :confused:

;)

yvonnejambo

Well I paid ?69 to find out I'm ideal ;):cool::)

If i was a parent, i'd laugh that off FFS.

Clearly the midden of a mother has seen the pound signs!

Archived