Winter Wonderland 2014

anyone been up to this yet? thinking of taking the wee man there before the game looks like theres alot of rides and stuff this year.

I've been with my 3. Cost me a small fortune. My girls(11&13) went on that star thing next to Walter Scott Monument. 60 metres up? Me and the wee man bottled out. There's big wheel, Double Decker Carrousel. Stalls for food, bevvy and selling stuff.

I would say it all depends on the age. The bottom part is for younger ones. I would say 8 and under. Take plenty money.

It has been done pretty well though.

Oh and maybe try over in St Andrew Sq

Helter Skelter, Carrousel. Ice skating on both parts.

How busy is the ice-skating on St Andrew Square?

Is there room for a 7-year old girl and 43-year old man friend to get used to ice for the first time?

I was moving round the stalls and noticed, to my delight, that Lidl was one. I popped in, purchased a 12 pack of mince pies and then went on my way. Later on we bought a coffee and had a couple of mince pies at the same time. The people around us seemed delighted when we offered them all free ones. It doesn't have to be ridiculously expensive!

I was suprised by there presence but I suppose a German market would be a natural place for a German retailer.

Every time I've been it's been a complete rip-off. Pretty sure they were charging about ?4 for a piss-weak hot chocolate last year. Is it any better this year? 

Prince Buaben

I was moving round the stalls and noticed, to my delight, that Lidl was one. I popped in, purchased a 12 pack of mince pies and then went on my way. Later on we bought a coffee and had a couple of mince pies at the same time. The people around us seemed delighted when we offered them all free ones. It doesn't have to be ridiculously expensive!

I was suprised by there presence but I suppose a German market would be a natural place for a German retailer.

Aren't Lidl in the 'Scottish Market' in St Andrews square?

I went before the game. ?6 for a mug of mulled cider + ?2 mug deposit...Wasnt that nice. Hot apple drumbuie was nicer..  It was quite busy . Queues for a few of the things....

Archived