Sow out for weeks (threads merged)

2NaFish

I await some interesting reactions on here.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-striker-faces-weeks-on-sidelines-1-3622111

Hearts striker Osman Sow is facing more time on the sidelines after receiving an injection for his thigh injury.

The Swedish striker is not expected to be fit until the end of the year, with Hearts hoping he will be back for the Edinburgh derby with Hibs on January 3.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-striker-faces-weeks-on-sidelines-1-3622111

Hearts striker Osman Sow is facing more time on the sidelines after receiving an injection for his thigh injury.

The Swedish striker is not expected to be fit until the end of the year, with Hearts hoping he will be back for the Edinburgh derby with Hibs on January 3.

William H. Bonney

How about FFS

Francis Albert

Fortunately we have not been reliant on one or two goalscorers this season to become top scorers in the country. Goals have come from all over the place. Neither does our style of play rely on a "front man" to hold the ball up. Sow will be a miss, but we should cope.

How about....who was first, you or Clerry Jambo?  Both threads show 12:00

loveofthegame

Could really have done with him for Saturday but shouldn't miss him too much for the remaining games this year until Hibs.

Still a disappointment.

Fortunately we have not been reliant on one or two goalscorers this season to become top scorers in the country. Goals have come from all over the place. Neither does our style of play rely on a "front man" to hold the ball up. Sow will be a miss, but we should cope.

Fair points you make FA, but I think SOW gives us something different, is our top scorer and has the pace and power to trouble defences

But we just have to get on with it

Massive blow for us. I just hope we can keep the wins going until Sow is fit OR we sign a striker in January.

With Carrick still out, El Hass struggling for form, and Oliver still on loan, we are left with Keatings as our only effective striker.

Massive game on Saturday - I'll take a 1-0 win right now!

Winston Ingram

How many of our players have suffered hamstring/thigh problems and recurrences of same?

Sow, Carrick, Keatings, Wilson.. any more? Maybe coincidence but should be looked at if not. Normally points towards training and/or pitches. 

How many of our players have suffered hamstring/thigh problems and recurrences of same?

Sow, Carrick, Keatings, Wilson.. any more? Maybe coincidence but should be looked at if not. Normally points towards training and/or pitches.

We have had issues like that for a while now, so I would suggest, if there are any issues it would be more pitch related, than coaching related.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I've mentioned this over a few threads, he does not have a particularly high amount of games per season at any club. If he did I guess he wouldn't be with us right now. We have done ok without him to now, so there is already a real positive, we don't rely on him.

Winston Ingram

We have had issues like that for a while now, so I would suggest, if there are any issues it would be more pitch related, than coaching related.

I'd be inclined to agree. Am sure it is being looked at. Series of similar injuries don't tend to be coincidence. 

Carrick is due back in full training any time now, so if we start Keatings and have El Hassnaoui & Buchanan on the bench for the next couple of games we should be fine.  We've got goals from all over the park this season so hopefully we've got boys who can step up to the plate.  Also, while it's a blow Sow is out, no one was expecting him this weekend or likely next, so realistically he's only out for one or two games more than expected.  In the article Robbie says he hopes he's back for Xmas, so if he progresses better than expected he can maybe make the bench for the Livingston game.

Can I chuck in all these double/treble training sessions?

Just a thought

Anyone know when Carrick is back and how long El Hass is likely to be out for? Hopefully El Hass will be available for this weekend.

Paterson up front imo. It's coming.

I would have moved him up front on Sunday with the amount of high balls played to Keatings.

At least we still have a few options despite the injuries. If we get through this month with 10 points I'll be content.

Come new year and we hopefully have most players back, we could go on a good run of pumping teams.

I've mentioned this over a few threads, he does not have a particularly high amount of games per season at any club. If he did I guess he wouldn't be with us right now. We have done ok without him to now, so there is already a real positive, we don't rely on him.

Fair point to some extent, but how much has Carrick been injured last two seasons? How much has Keatings been injured since he joined us?

The People's Chimp

Just a thought

Jings, crivens, help ma boab.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Oh how we missed him on Sunday with no one holding the ball up and linking anything together. Time for El Has to step up but unfortunately holding the ball up is not really his game or keatings for that matter. We need Carrick back asap and then the wide men will start to get the lay offs to run onto again hopefully.

Winston Ingram

I would have moved him up front on Sunday with the amount of high balls played to Keatings.

At least we still have a few options despite the injuries. If we get through this month with 10 points I'll be content.

Come new year and we hopefully have most players back, we could go on a good run of pumping teams.

Agree with this, especially with McGhee on bench (he was, wasn't he?!). 

Holyrood_Hearts

Perhaps we could apply for an Emergency loan?!

Hopefully between Keatings, El Hass, Walker, King & Nicholson, they should hopefully have enough goals in them to keep us going.

Fort Vallance

Just a thought

And "mini pre-season" every few weeks.                   Anyone know where the black box is ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fair point to some extent, but how much has Carrick been injured last two seasons? How much has Keatings been injured since he joined us?

Absolutely, add them in too! We don't seem to have relied on them either, but we are stretching to the limit now. Having 2 fit at any one point might be a bonus shortly. Did Oliver not get injured on loan too?

Francis Albert

As a short term solution it isn't the worst idea in the world.

Maybe not but close. Bringing Lockie back would be worse I suppose. What is Paterson going to do up front?. He'd end up chasing high balls and when occasionally making contact with the ball, giving possession away.

Winston Ingram

Maybe not but close. Bringing Lockie back would be worse I suppose. What is Paterson going to do up front?. He'd end up chasing high balls and when occasionally making contact with the ball, giving possession away.

He is good in the air. He would get on end of Nicholson, King crosses you would hope.

Issue is that he has been messed about position wise for a while. Seems unfair to do that again. Let him have a full season at right back. 

Seymour M Hersh

Just a thought

Spoke to a player on Saturday and asked that very question. He said no chance.

Baws.

Good chance for Keatings though. Hopefully Carrick can get fit again soon and El Hass finds some form over the next few weeks

Massive blow. We have been playing rather poorly in the final third since he has been absent.

Sadly this is spot on!

Francis Albert

He is good in the air. He would get on end of Nicholson, King crosses you would hope.

Issue is that he has been messed about position wise for a while. Seems unfair to do that again. Let him have a full season at right back. 

Our crossing of late doesn't inspire confidence in this as a threat. Paterson is more valuable coming forward from the back, and OK at set pieces. Playing him up front just doesn't seem to fit our style where we try to pass our way to goal and put players through..

Front 6 for the weekend

-------------Pallardo -----------Buaben-------------

Keatings---------------Holt---------------Walker*---

------------------------El Hass------------------------

Before people start bumping their gums, this formation wouldnt have Keatings in a winger role, and/or you make it 4-3-3 if you prefer with a winger, a big guy and a wee guy front 3 (in the mould of JR, JC and Clark  ;)  ).

*I'd prefer Nicholson to Walker but it doesnt seem likely Sam will start if he has been carrying an injury

The worrying thing is they don't seem to know what the problem is.

As his previous Clubs have experienced I am afraid.

Francis Albert

So the stuff about injuries and suspensions was right going by many posts on here. A bit of an over-reaction. We still have enough to beat QoS and the rest - as ever a lot more will depend on how we playon the day  than on the personnel involved. Stick to what has got us where we are as far as possible.

Front 6 for the weekend

-------------Pallardo -----------Buaben-------------

Keatings---------------Holt---------------Walker*---

------------------------El Hass------------------------

Before people start bumping their gums, this formation wouldnt have Keatings in a winger role, and/or you make it 4-3-3 if you prefer with a winger, a big guy and a wee guy (in the mould of JR, JC and Clark ;) ).

*I'd prefer Nicholson to Walker but it doesnt seem likely Sam will start if he has been carrying an injury

That front 6 should have more than enough to deal with qos. It's pretty concerning the amount of injuries we seem to be picking up hopefully this is the worst it will be and starts to ease shortly.

Very, very unfortunate. We'll do well to ride this for a month

That is my fear - with Sow out we are just not burying teams as we were before.

All December matches are a test and if we can grind out four 1-0 wins I will be delighted.

itsnomarooned

Paterson up front imo. It's coming.

No problem with this at all. Would have been an option for Sunday up until the penalty.

Archived