FAO Canadian Jambos in the GTA

Jimmy McNulty

Jimmy McNulty

Gents (and Ladies?):

Went to see TFC last weekend, as my mate had a spare ST for the game vs Columbus. Was pretty cynical about what lay ahead...

Well, it was a great experience, despite ending 0-0. And for those of you that miss, the live football, I suggest you take in a game or two.

Crowd was announced at 20,000, very few spare seats. Atmosphere was excellent, with singing -- British-style songs; not your typical North American "Go go" chants. Football quality was decent (no worse than an average SPL game).

Biggest differences I noticed between the game and the SPL were that the crowd didn't get on the players' backs every time a pass went a stray. Nor obviously were there any "traditional" ditties that give teams a bad name.

Of course, the sun and the beer helped, but if you get a chance, check it out!!

Boab Mugabe

I went when I was over in September. Game ended 0-0 but it was superb. They converted me and I'm glad they won vs DC United last night. Still keep in touch with a few folks I met at the game.

Fantastic experience, great crowd, and TFC has all the attributes to become the Yankees of the MLS. Toronto is about the only city in North America that can pull it off! The pelting players taking corners with streamers is quality!

Jimmy McNulty

Unlike all of Maple Leaf Sport and Entertainments sporting franchises (Leafs, Raptors), TFC seem to be run well.

A stadium that can be expanded to hold more; 20,000 seats that are sold out game after game (last night was a sell-out, but plenty of seats empty because of the rain; but then again, there's no cover, so may be understandable). Before their first season had begun they had sold >12K season tickets (3rd best in league). AND the fans that go are people like myself who have emigrated, but used to go to the football weekly in their home countries.

Even the guy who commentates on TV is English so it actually SOUNDSlike a proper game (none of your North American ****e, where they refer to "penalty shots" and "assists").

I think this team will do very well in the long term.

Yeah, ive been over 3 or 4 times, last time was last summer. Didnt get to see TFC as the U19/21 World Cup was on. Great team for a great city!

I'm heading over to stay in the GTA later this year, may be too late for this season's matches, but definately going to try & get a Season Ticket for next season.

I'm going to be in Toronto from July 10 to 27. Have they any home games on in that period? If so what are the chances of tickets?

I was in Toronto a few weeks ago and was impressed at the amount of advertising for all the local sports teams. They have a pretty smart strip as well.

I'm going to be in Toronto from July 10 to 27. Have they any home games on in that period? If so what are the chances of tickets?

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/schedule/scoreboard/season.jsp?team=t280

07/19 - Saturday San Jose Earthquakes 3:00 p.m.

07/22 - Tuesday Montreal Impact % TBD ....

Thursday, July 24

2008 Pepsi MLS All-Star Game at BMO Field - Toronto, Canada

MLS All-Stars West Ham United

The Montreal game is a Canadian Championship game & the All Star gam is obviously not a Toronto match.

I reckon the Montreal game is your only chance of a ticket.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/schedule/scoreboard/season.jsp?team=t280

07/19 - Saturday San Jose Earthquakes 3:00 p.m.

07/22 - Tuesday Montreal Impact % TBD ....

Thursday, July 24

2008 Pepsi MLS All-Star Game at BMO Field - Toronto, Canada

MLS All-Stars West Ham United

The Montreal game is a Canadian Championship game & the All Star gam is obviously not a Toronto match.

I reckon the Montreal game is your only chance of a ticket.

Thanks CalMac. I have family and friends there who I'm sure will get us tickets.

Don't forget to get in touch with the North American Hearts guys, who meet at the Niblick Pub. Go to the North American section in here for further info.

Bill

Whitecapjambo

I have caught a few of the TFC games on the box over this side, seems like a decent standard!

Ricketts used to be a legend in champ-man!

Gonna try and get to a whitecaps game soon, pretty much the only fitba I'll see at a decent time of the game!:)

OakvilleJambo

Check out the the Oakville Hearts Supporters at the Niblick Pub if you are over this side of the pond.

http://www.heartsfccanada.ca

On the 2nd July we have Gary Mackay and the Tynecastle FC boys under 14 team at the club for a visit.

Archived