Black friday

Muppetboy

The Real Maroonblood

Hoping to pick up a smart TV on the cheap, anywhere in particular folk would recommend looking?

I believe Tesco is having a Black Friday this week.

You may want to avoid ASDA. There's an attempt to disrupt their stores for not supporting independence :rofl:

DAA96B4F-6E8C-43CE-9879-BA5E3128B05B_zps

. My work is based in Asda tho I don't work for them. Don't bother disrupting me on Friday. Nothing in yet for the sale. It comes in wrapped in black so even the staff cant see what it is...

. My work is based in Asda tho I don't work for them. Don't bother disrupting me on Friday. Nothing in yet for the sale. It comes in wrapped in black so even the staff cant see what it is...

When's the monopoly game coming back?

Guest C00l K1d

Looking for a new pair of headphones..

If anyone sees solo2s the beats ones give me a shout.

They're 149 on secretsales but I thought I'd wait for this.

Looking for a new pair of headphones..

If anyone sees solo2s the beats ones give me a shout.

They're 149 on secretsales but I thought I'd wait for this.

keep an eye on asdas black Friday as I heard one of the cashiers yesterday speaking to another cashier that there will be teles for ?100 and big dre beats in the sale but never said a price.

Xbox one deal on Amazon at 1930 tonight (5 mins). Not sure what the saving is though.

Xbox one deal on Amazon at 1930 tonight (5 mins). Not sure what the saving is though.

It was 20%. Gone already!

Dean Winchester

Got me a few decent items today that I was planning on getting anyway. Saved ?100 so far though.

Next item on my list is a 55 inch TV so will be on to the John Lewis website first thing on Friday :lol:

I bought the new iPad air 2 (64gb wifi) for ?425 on Amazon the other day, not part of Black Friday deals.

loveofthegame

You may want to avoid ASDA. There's an attempt to disrupt their stores for not supporting independence :rofl:

:rofl:

What a punch of pathetic arseholes!

Say What Again

People get excited over stuff like this?

Yeah, I couldn't imagine why people on the lookout for say, a TV, wouldn't be interested in a half price one.

Much better paying the full whack for it.

Lancashire_Lou

I don't know what Black Friday is. Thought it was when everyone went on their Xmas dos and you end up with women in skirt suits crawling along the street by 4pm.

Say What Again

I don't know what Black Friday is. Thought it was when everyone went on their Xmas dos and you end up with women in skirt suits crawling along the street by 4pm.

That's what it always used to mean to me :lol:

People get excited over stuff like this?

You're not a very sociable person are you?

That's what it always used to mean to me :lol:

I think it's an Americanism. The Friday after Thanksgiving is a big sale day

Craig Gordons Gloves

I think it's an Americanism. The Friday after Thanksgiving is a big sale day

It is - referred to this as it's when retailers would go into the black due to the volume and sales.

I work for a very large US retail company and we have some people camping outside of our stores already, we have done in some cities for a week at least.  I've been in our stores when our doors opened at 4am and it's amazing.  The buzz is mental.  Fortunately, we're not Walmart where there have been deaths and fights etc but it's a crazy day.  Some of the deals we have include a 50" flat screen for $200, 4K tv for $800, Beats for $79.99 and various other ones.

Black Friday is the last working Friday before Xmas holidays over Here before the big businesses close banks and financial sectors ect. It's been mentioned what it means from America however. Just another thing slowly creeping into the British culture. Welcome minded but at the same time takes away the boxing day sales.

A bit pathetic this but its not because Asda didnt support indy rather the complete BS they came out with during the campaign. Personally, ive not been back since but I wouldnt get involved in this tosh. If folk decide to punish Asda fair enough but just do it by not going there. No need for this adolecent nonsense.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Payday for lot of folks, will not be going to the shops prefer to keep stress level down just hate queues and barging shoppers.

I suppose it's good of your in the market for something. I wonder how many splurge 'cause it's a great deal' ?

Millions, which is why they do it.

That's in bad taste. I've not been back to Asda since the vote due to the nonsense they came out with so if I was to partake in this it would mean breaking my vow to never return.

Rudolf's Mate

FFS I thought fighting crowds for cheap deals died out in the 80's!

Last year a woman broke her arm in the local Asda in the chaos of Black Friday. People grabbing stuff and trying to wrestle items out of other people's arms :vrface:

jambos are go!

On a visit to the USA saw a TV item saying Black Friday referred to start of retail stores making profits due to spending surging up to and through Xmas and the Holidays. They went in to the 'Black' so to speak for the first time in the financial year.

Archived