Plan B

Bazzas right boot

pettigrewsstylist

Great win yesterday and 9 points clear. Well above my expectations

We can now hammer home our advantage and could be double figures clear of second by the time we play Rangers again.

However, I have a little concern.

It is clear that we aim to build from the back, going through Gomis/ Bauben/ Pallardo.

Teams are now aware of this and in the last two games we have had spells were we have lost control of the game for large periods.

Yesterday, Gomis was hounded by Miller/ Black and was caught several times, once leading to a booking and it was clear once they got a man sent off that Gomis and Pallardo got that extra space and we started to slowly take control. I was concerned upto the sending off as we were losing possession very easily and El Hass ( who isn't a lone striker) was very isolated.

Falkirk worked that out in the second half, and as teams wake up to our game and press higher, we need a plan B if our normal game isn't working. Hib's pressed us well as well and in both games we have struggled for control.

If teams press higher, it should create space elsewhere and we can take advantage, however as yet I haven't seen a plan B yet.

It may just be the case that Keatings/ Sow will give us a different option.

Is it just me being to pessimistic or will have bigger problems as the season progress's and teams wise up?

I think Robbie seems to have decided there is little he can do about that, the plan B, it seems to me , is our fitness and stamina levels. ( ie let them crack on, safe in the knowledge that they cannot keep those levels of effort up for the 90 mins and once theyre knckered then its game on for our midfield)

I also think in order to weather those periods we are short of an integral part of the plan to do so, namely and "out" ball that sticks, OSMAN SOW.

Plan A is "pretty" good and done us well so far.

I have just felt that in the past few games, against the better teams we have struggled. Hibs, Raith, Falkirk ( 2nd half), Rangers ( before sendng off) as they seem to Mark Gomis and press higher up, we make mistakes and create less as a result.

As a few posters have said, we have had key players out, and it may mean that the return of these players makes a big difference.

As I said, I was asking about a plan B if plan A isn't working, not actually suggesting we change our style or set up as the norm, only if it ain't working, for example against Hibs and Falkirk second half where we could have dropped more points, and we seemed unable to adapt our game to counter theirs. If teams continue in that vain we might find ourselves dropping more points.

In Robbie we trust tho, not suggesting we start punting the ball from back to front!

I'm calling bullshit.

Archived