Ian Black

Craigieboy

ToadKiller Dog

What about Lee Wallace? His behaviour was fine, but I remember him as a fit, speedy left back that could fire up and down the left flank, hence his ?1.5m valuation.

The Rangers have destroyed him.

To be fair he destroyed himself , he decided to stay when the old club died which in someways is admirable but daft for him career wise .

He is a million miles behind Andy Robertson who is now rated at ?12m and has the topsides looking at him . Nobody is looking at Wallace these days .

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's strange how he gave away the penalty and complained saying it wasn't one.

In the same game he got booked for complaining that a blatant dive for a penalty wasn't given. How Law wasn't booked is beyond me

He reminds me of Darren Jackson.

A prick for everyone else, a legend for us.

Why has nobody pulled you up for this horrific post yet?!

:rofl:

tartofmidlothian

Why has nobody pulled you up for this horrific post yet?!

Because they realised it wasn't entirely serious?

Don't have a problem with Black. Was told he wasn't needed at hearts and had few other options to go to. Can't blame him for accepting silly money that will set him up for life.

He looks a shadow of the player that ran the cup final though.

He has turned into a really really really shit football player

What about Lee Wallace? His behaviour was fine, but I remember him as a fit, speedy left back that could fire up and down the left flank, hence his ?1.5m valuation.

The Rangers have destroyed him.

The Rangers have destroyed all the players that joined them. I can't quite put my finger on who or what has removed any football ability they had but Fat Sally, money and the general malaise that surround the club are front runners for me.

Read Gordon Waddell on him today? Has a go at him for not caring about the staff laid off, just his wages. It's heated stuff.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/gordon-waddell-rangers-players-shrug-4678381

Was reading it until I got to the bit about celtic and their culture , then says they're paying the staff the living wage well guess what Gordon NO THEYRE FEKIN NOT

The People's Chimp

Liked the way Walker didn't react at all and then calmly slotted the penalty away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walker is really growing up and is showing a bit of maturity this season. I wasn't sure about his attitude when he first appeared in the team, but he's made me eat my words. Really like him as a player and I think Neilson and Levein will develop him into the player he has the potential to be. Unlike Blackie, of course, bringing it back on topic, who other than for half a season, has never been the player he has the potential to be. 

Guest C00l K1d

I loved him when he played for us. Well for about 1/3 of his time with us.

He didn't even look like he was trying tbf and it was a really daft penalty to give away. The foul probably was a yellow but considering walker was going away from goal probably a harsh red.

A shame to see his game go down the pan, but I doubt he had many other options than a 3rd tier rangers at the time.

Walker is really growing up and is showing a bit of maturity this season. I wasn't sure about his attitude when he first appeared in the team, but he's made me eat my words. Really like him as a player and I think Neilson and Levein will develop him into the player he has the potential to be. Unlike Blackie, of course, bringing it back on topic, who other than for half a season, has never been the player he has the potential to be.

Real competition for places in midfield with Holt, Walker and Pallardo now all staking claims to be regulars.

Black is yesterday's man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steviebaggio98

Class A rodent who epitomizes everything horrible about that vile club!

It's staggering to think how anyone can label him a legend yet big Elvis is regarded by many as a snake or judas long before his truly deserved legendary status!

Winston Ingram

Lot of re-writing of history goes on about Black's time with us. Was good when his contract was running out but think we could all have taken or left him the rest of the time. Certainly wouldn't be on any list of top 20 midfielders at the club over the last 20 years. 

Stewart slagging him off is funny, though. If ever there was a guy who thought he was a better player than was actually the case and needlessly got involved in all around him....!

Read Gordon Waddell on him today? Has a go at him for not caring about the staff laid off, just his wages. It's heated stuff.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/gordon-waddell-rangers-players-shrug-4678381

That is a very unfair attack on Ian Black.

Black was most likely casting his mind back to when the wages dried up at Hearts.

Why pick on him there are others at The Rangers earning much more than him.

That useless lump of a manager could cover those staff's wages himself if he was being paid a sensible wage.

Terrible article which seems as if its got a personal agenda in it.

Honestly didn't get as wound up by him as many on this thread. Three Rangers players set out to injure Hearts players yesterday. They were the subject of my ire.

I neither have affection nor hatred for Ian Black.

It's staggering to think how anyone can label him a legend yet big Elvis is regarded by many as a snake or judas long before his truly deserved legendary status!

So many problems in one post I just don't know where to start.

Almost forgot he was playing until he put in that tackle. Reminiscent of his first two seasons at Hearts where he produced next to nothing and I seriously wondered why we ever signed him. Not seduced by the "legend" nonsense of 2012. He is not a  Hearts legend. So glad he was "playing" yesterday.

You want to have a word with yourself, that's a pretty shocking thing to be saying about a former player.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Honestly didn't get as wound up by him as many on this thread. Three Rangers players set out to injure Hearts players yesterday. They were the subject of my ire.

I neither have affection nor hatred for Ian Black.

This is my take on Black. He doesn't register as one of our best or worst players - pretty average really and nowhere near our top 20 or so midfielders. Because he was part of the cup winning team he'll always be remembered but more as a key part of the team that season rather than a standout.

I'd be interested to see if those saying ian is a rat etc would say it to him if he took a seat next to them in the stand. Phantoms.

The guy isn't likeable. That doesn't make him a rat.

steviebaggio98

So many problems in one post I just don't know where to start.

In your humble opinion of course? :) Enlighten us all!

In your humble opinion of course? :) Enlighten us all!

By the looks of it, not only me.

But calling the man a rat? A limited footballer who tried his best during a troubling time at Hearts.

And your Pressley comments, just embarrassing.

Spoke to him on the sunday after THAT day. Said a new contract was unlikely so he'd prob be off to them for a few years to take some of their cash. Said his plan was to come back home in a few years and finish his career with us.

Mind you ... that was when he was good enough to be in our team. Doubt he'd get a look in now.

He's a gambler. He gambled. He lost.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This is my take on Black. He doesn't register as one of our best or worst players - pretty average really and nowhere near our top 20 or so midfielders. Because he was part of the cup winning team he'll always be remembered but more as a key part of the team that season rather than a standout.

He was a standout in the final. That's all that matters to me. 

Guest oldcastlerock2012

He was a standout in the final. That's all that matters to me. 

Not for me. He's not the first player who springs to mind when I think of that day. Every player played well and did their bit that day including Blackie. He put in a great shift in his final season but took a long time to get going at Hearts.

wattie exploited

i liked ian black always gave his all for the team now he is making a living with the scum bags so what !!!!    the cup final was a great time in my life so thanks ian for that  :lipsrsealed2:  :rifle: 

steviebaggio98

By the looks of it, not only me.

But calling the man a rat? A limited footballer who tried his best during a troubling time at Hearts.

And your Pressley comments, just embarrassing.

It's all very much subjective my friend...getting upset over another's opinion on football forum is perhaps more embarrassing...in my humble opinion of course! :2thumbsup:

Judging by yesterday, you may wish to consult a large percentage of section D lower then if you feel calling Black a rat is problematic for your delicate wee soul!

It's all very much subjective my friend...getting upset over another's opinion on football forum is perhaps more embarrassing...in my humble opinion of course! :2thumbsup:

Judging by yesterday, you may wish to consult a large percentage of section D lower then if you feel calling Black a rat is problematic for your delicate wee soul!

Yes, I'm so upset... :rofl:

Welcome to the world of football forums, you'll want to learn how to debate your opinion rather than just say "well all the other boys in Section D were doing it too" like a school kid.

Read Gordon Waddell on him today? Has a go at him for not caring about the staff laid off, just his wages. It's heated stuff

very selective journalism and very harsh on a guy who probably didn't even know about the staff being laid off. There's way bigger wage thiefs and heartless crooks at that club than Ian Black.

steviebaggio98

Yes, I'm so upset... :rofl:

Welcome to the world of football forums, you'll want to learn how to debate your opinion rather than just say "well all the other boys in Section D were doing it too" like a school kid.

A school kid would at least know how to direct quote...as an adult, it would appear you have still to master the simplistic art! :4_1_72:

A school kid would at least know how to direct quote...as an adult, it would appear you have still to master the simplistic art! :4_1_72:

Just keep digging, it's very entertaining.

Guess The Crowd

Lot of re-writing of history goes on about Black's time with us. Was good when his contract was running out but think we could all have taken or left him the rest of the time. Certainly wouldn't be on any list of top 20 midfielders at the club over the last 20 years. 

Stewart slagging him off is funny, though. If ever there was a guy who thought he was a better player than was actually the case and needlessly got involved in all around him....!

That's exactly what I thought when I read it. I must have missed the cup final when Michael ran the show. If only he played as good a game as he talks........

:cornette:

On so many levels.

Spoke to him on the sunday after THAT day. Said a new contract was unlikely so he'd prob be off to them for a few years to take some of their cash. Said his plan was to come back home in a few years and finish his career with us.

Mind you ... that was when he was good enough to be in our team. Doubt he'd get a look in now.

He's a gambler. He gambled. He lost.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Two things.

First, he is not good enough at the moment, to make him worth while signing.

Secondly, If true, and he only signed for them 'to get the cash', then I would rather we did not sign a player with such an attitude, no matter what club's expense it was at.

Cheers for the cup final, and all that, but Ian Black is an arsehole.

No.  Ian Black is a Jambo like you you and me.  He also demonstrated in the Cup Final that he's some footballer.

Broxburn Jambo

My opinion on Blackie is, he was a member of Hearts cup winning team.... Respect to him. Hearts supporter since a boy........ Respect.

Not a player of great skill, but neither was Brellier who is and was idolized by a fair few on here.

I said when he went to them that for every game he was playing against us I would give his just as much abuse as any other opposing player.

But at the end of the day he is a cup winning Hearts player and will always have my gratitude and respect.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Gordon Waddell is a ******* arsehole and a shite reporter.

That piece looks like it was written by a child.

Mind the time Fuddell did a comment piece saying something like "if Romanov had any ambition, he'd offer the manager's job to Sir Alex Ferguson"?

I mean, he actually wrote that.

:facepalm:

Saw him today driving a big white vw jeep type thing on Musselburgh high street. Part of the greatest day of my life so he'll always be fondly remembered by me.

Archived