***Official Scotland v England Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Seeing as I missed the match thread on Saturday. :whistling:

Actually a wee bit excited about this, even though I've been off international football for a while now. I guess not playing England was a part of that, it's about the only Scotland game that has the passion of club football.

Maroon Sailor

Draw 1-1.

Although, as it's on ITV I'm praying for a win. Adrian Chiles' facial expression of doom will be worth the wait.

You don't have to wait - his facial expression is permadoom

Bazzas right boot

Not as excited as I normally would be, this friendly is right in-between the two most important games of the season for my club and country.

Really couldn't care about today's result, we won the important game on Friday and I am already making plans for Saturday.

Anyway, 3-1 Scotland, I'm getting kilted up to go to the game.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Friday's game was the crucial one. But living down south (even though not in England with plenty of English people as well as Jersey folk who think they're English) I would rather avoid losing

Ben Foster on the wummery saying Scotland will be out to kick lumps out the English.

I have thrown away my dual nationality for this one.   Will the Scots be up for it, I sincerely hope so.

Draw 1-1.

Although, as it's on ITV I'm praying for a win. Adrian Chiles' facial expression of doom will be worth the wait.

stv will have Scottish commentary so u won't have to listen to their drivel, fortunately I will be at the game, c'mon the scots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malcolm Tucker

Wish I was going to this but ?60 is ridiculous!

Will be watching it, feeling a 2-1 Scotland win.

Lewis McLeod and Callum Paterson with the goals...

Would like to see Chris Martin given a full game to see what he can do.  Only really had bit parts here and there.  Still a bit unsure of him but he's on fire for Derby.

Wish I was going to this but ?60 is ridiculous!

Will be watching it, feeling a 2-1 Scotland win.

Lewis McLeod and Callum Paterson with the goals...

This was how I felt.  Almost cancelled fives as well.  Relaxed now and see a minimum 1-1.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

3-2 Scotland, flicking from 178 on Sky box, to 402 to whatever ITV London is, to hear what a meaningless and pointless exercise this was for Eng-ger-lund. We'd much rather be getting horsed from the Germans or the Dutch again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ben Foster on the wummery saying Scotland will be out to kick lumps out the English.

Other way about I would have thought

The Treasurer

They can dress this up all they like but it's still a pointless friendly in the middle of the season that clubs (if they were being honest) would rather do without.

They can dress this up all they like but it's still a pointless friendly in the middle of the season that clubs (if they were being honest) would rather do without.

try telling Callum Paterson that if he manages to get on the park tonight. It is in no way a pointless friendly, but I accept it is still a friendly and not nearly as important as the Ireland game last Friday

Maroon Sailor

Scotland v England is never friendly :ninja:

Indeed

I don't believe in this Pish that it means more to Scotland either. Having spent most of my working life working alongside English people I know most of them can't stand Scotland beating them at anything, let alone football.

As one of the old guard, Wembley and Hampden regular in the 70's & eighties, I am now not really bothered about this, I just can't get motivated enough to care, still any victory over the Auld enemy is to be welcomed.

That England team is a mix between inconsistent and underwhelming. Scotland should be able to win this match given the natural build-up and hype. Hopefully Paterson gets a game and doesn't get his pants pulled down but on the same wing as Shaw and Ox is a big test. 

3-2 to England; Paterson gets a goal after a corner. 

I think Scotland will win.

We are on the rise and England don't look too great.

2-1. I also hope its a dirty game with a few sendings off.

Prince Buaben

Remember Patterson was 8/1 with betfair to score 1st v Ireland before the team was announced.

Really excited about this, I love the whole thing, it's Scotland vs England, it's history is medieval, it's atmosphere primeval and I hope we absolutely do them.

This should be the greatest rivalry in world football. It's what we sing flower of Scotland for. I have plenty of English family and its so fun having we digs and the opportunity to ram it up them if we win.

Really excited about this, I love the whole thing, it's Scotland vs England, it's history is medieval, it's atmosphere primeval and I hope we absolutely do them.

This should be the greatest rivalry in world football. It's what we sing flower of Scotland for. I have plenty of English family and its so fun having we digs and the opportunity to ram it up them if we win.

Quite right.

PS My mother was a cousin of Willie Bauld, but I have not worked it out, who it was that is my direct cousin - oh well thats an aside mate.  

But tonight, we will be calm and in charge, at least for some of the match!   they will not like it..   Like you I have English born family - and they support Scotland. 

Paterson won't get on. Not a chance.

Well dont though to Calum, I know his grandfather.  They came from South Africa, this family.  Big strong people, from the farming there. 

Embarrassing if flower of scotland is sang tonight IMO.

Send them back to think again? Nah, we voted no.

Tin hat on here.

Forster - Clyne, Smalling, Cahill, Shaw - Wilshere, Milner, Ox, Downing - Rooney, Welbeck.

one change for Scotland - Chris Martin in; didn't say who for

Tin hat on here.

Let it go ffs

Tin hat on here.

Twally viewpoint 

Scotland XI vs. England: Marshall; Whittaker, R.Martin, Hanley, Robertson; Maloney, Mulgrew, Brown, Anya; Naismith, C.Martin.

Archived