Niemi - Available?

Rawrrrrrrr

Rawrrrrrrr

Fulham have signed Schwarzer for next season, on top of this they have Niemi, Keller and Warner as well as a highly rated young portuguese keeper

Now I would imagine Schwarzer has been signed as first choice which means you would imagine they would look to move on at least 1 or 2 of Niemi, Keller or Warner

I'd take any of them despite age

Could now be the time for Niemi's home coming?

vegas-voss

Keller is supposed to be going to Germany.

If i was Fulham fan i would still rather have Niemi as my number 1

Rawrrrrrrr

I think Niemi had lost something last season after a few bad injuries, still a class keeper but I would play Schwarzer before him and given Schwarzer will be a big earner I would suggest Hodgson is the same

You wouldnt spend 15k plus on a cover keeper when you already have 2 or 3 even if Keller does go

tommyssocks

When Antti left he said that he would like to finish his career back at Tynie. I'd have him back in a heartbeat, even though I rate Banksy.

vegas-voss
When Antti left he said that he would like to finish his career back at Tynie. I'd have him back in a heartbeat, even though I rate Banksy.

Yeah that was before he knew about how much you can earn down there even in the Champioship.I very much doubt Niemi would ever come back to Hearts.

Rawrrrrrrr
Yeah that was before he knew about how much you can earn down there even in the Champioship.I very much doubt Niemi would ever come back to Hearts.

To be fair Im sure if romanov was to offer 5-10k p/w contribution to his wages they would happily loan him to us for the season

Rudolf's Mate

Thought he was considering hanging up his boots at the end of the season?

Said it was going to be his last season 2 seasons ago however said he would do one more, which he has completed.

This being the case, it may not be a matter of money for someone like him!

You never know :)

Jam Tarts 1874

I suppose it would be all about the money for Niemi. He turns 36 at the end of this month, so any move would be his last.

The Future's Maroon

Although a great keeper when at Hearts, I dont think we should get him back. I'd prefer to have Banks and MacDonald....with MacDonald getting the cup runs.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Don't turn the clock back - it seldom works.

It worked ok for Robbo.

Nemi would do great i think. But you are right, sometimes the good memories push the sensible thoughts to the side.

Spellczech
It worked ok for Robbo.

Nemi would do great i think. But you are right, sometimes the good memories push the sensible thoughts to the side.

Did it? Robbo struggled to get near 20 goals per season in his second spell.

It certainly didn't work with McCann.

I'd have to say thanks for the memories,but...

It worked ok for Robbo.

I said it SELDOM works - and Robbo was a much younger man when he came back.

He's not had a great season, mate. I don't think he quite recovered from the neck injury a few months back.

Can still pull off the odd incredible stop, but has gone downhill alot this year, imo.

Would come down to wage demands for me. I'd love to see Niemi back in the sticks but it is a wee risk getting back a legend (too strong?). I think that Banksie has another season in him and maybe thats enough time for one of the 3 young guys to knock on the door. But as i say Niemi back would be near to pant-wetting if it worked out

So basically i dinny ken!!!

Be guid PR for VR if nowt else eh!

What you think about going for Christian Dailly??? Not heard we are, but i'd like us to....

Archived