Frank Rijkaard

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

Was told by a mate at my work last night that he was on a shocking wage at Barcelona only about ?100,000 a year and had huge debts from his playing days and had no other option but to keep working just to keep himself from going under.

Anyone else heard these kind of stories.

Was told by a mate at my work last night that he was on a shocking wage at Barcelona only about ?100,000 a year and had huge debts from his playing days and had no other option but to keep working just to keep himself from going under.

Do you think we could maybe get him on a playing contract? :P

Goose Baxter

Maybe closer to 100k p/w, that means he is only just under 2k p/w!!!! got to be wrong, one of the top teams in the world only paying there manager 2k p/w

As for his debt, that is prob true but he must have been in some debt if he is still paying it of to this day.

vegas-voss
Maybe closer to 100k p/w, that means he is only just under 2k p/w!!!! got to be wrong, one of the top teams in the world only paying there manager 2k p/w

As for his debt, that is prob true but he must have been in some debt if he is still paying it of to this day.

Yeah i thought it was wrong but my mate was adament that he was one of the lowest paid coaches in La Liga.

jambojim52

I can see it being 2k per week, AFTER they take his debt repayments up front.

Goose Baxter
I can see it being 2k per week, AFTER they take his debt repayments up front.

But then what sort of debt could he be in that would take it down to that? i would say he would be close to 1m p/y over there so he must be in some sort of debt for it to be that.

But then what sort of debt could he be in that would take it down to that? i would say he would be close to 1m p/y over there so he must be in some sort of debt for it to be that.

Student loan repayments most likely.

Although I think the FR figures are wrong,the story could be true,Rangers had a simular kind of deal with Goram,as far as I was told,he was basically getting pocket money and his dig's paid for him,the rest went to pay of his debt.

vegas-voss
Although I think the FR figures are wrong,the story could be true,Rangers had a simular kind of deal with Goram,as far as I was told,he was basically getting pocket money and his dig's paid for him,the rest went to pay of his debt.

Yeah heard that at the time aswell.

Yeah, before he got his legs broken, seemingly that why Hibs had to sell him on the relative cheap to Rangers....allegedly.

Rudolf's Mate

And managers in the championship are getting ?500,000 a year.... Find that very hard to believe!

Archived