Most respected Hibs XI

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

As a little experiment for the Monday Night Fitba show I have decided to ask hearts fans to pick their favourite/respected hibs XI during their lifetime. I will keep checking this page for new entries and also on our facebook page and @MNFITBA so feel free to post there as well. During one of our future shows we will discuss some of the teams and give our own personal selections and reasons for them. Below you will see the hibs team I picked covering 94-2014

Goalkeeper ? Daniel Andersson. The Swede was only at the club for one season but is the most dependable and solid keeper I have seen at the club since Andy Goram left. I?m quite suprised he only gained one solitary cap for his country given his obvious attributes. Was a key figure in the clubs league cup triumphs over Celtic & Rangers that year. still playing for Helsingborgs at the fair old age of 41.

Right Back ? David Gray. Has really impressed me since joining in the summer. Looks capable both defensively and in a more advanced wing back role and looks like a more capable captain than craig or hanlon. A very suprising success story given his less than impressive CV.

Left Back ? David Murphy. Hibs fans should be thankful for his lack of pace because if a yard quicker this lad would have played for a top half team in the premiership for a number of years and would never have been seen in a hibs jersey. Injuries have blighted his career but when fully fit there were very few full backs in this country as consistent as him.

Sweeper ? I am not a fan of the sweeper role but felt i needed to make this exception just to make a space for Frank Sauzee. I still can?t quite understand how Alex Mcleish managed to persuade the frenchman to ply his trade in the scottish first division but his signing seemed to give the club the boost the needed at a difficult time. Great reader of the game and a gentleman to boot.

Centre Back ? Ulrik Laursen. A very imposing centre half who could hold is own in a very physical SPL but was also very capable on the deck. Went onto have a decent spell with celtic where he impressed in a couple of positions.

Right Midfield ? Steven Whittaker. Always rated him more as a wide mifielder than as a full back. Great energy and decent pace with a shot that packed a punch. Always seemed to handle life as a footballer in a more professional manner than some of his fellow golden generation.

Left Midfield ? Kevin Mcallister. Maybe inconsistent but on his day a superb old fashioned winger who had a bag of tricks and although recognised more through his spells with Falkirk, he still had a decent spell with the hibees.

Centre Midfield ? Scott Brown. I must admit I still yearn to see the energetic,snarling and technically sound scott brown of old. I feel he has stagnated at Celtic and has rested on his laurels. At Hibs he looked the complete midfielder and under the guidance of Mowbray looked like becoming a star in England.

Centre Midfield ? Russell Latapy. One of the most gifted midfielders I have witnessed at Tynecastle and even in his later years at Falkirk would cause all sorts of problems with his movement and vision. His goal in the 6-2 derby is one of the best scored in a derby during my lifetime. His antics off the field maybe resulted in a sour end to his time at Easter Road but in general he came across as a great role model on the park for his younger team mates.

Forward ? Mixu Paatelainen. Great battering ram of a frontman who overcame a sticky start to his hibs career to win over the fans. Also good on the deck and scored a memorable hat-trick in the 6/2 derby.

Forward ? Darren Jackson. Kept Hibs up almost single handedly in his final year at the club. Never had electric pace on the ball but great at finding space in the final third and had great composure also. A great servant to both edinburgh clubs and to this day still handles himself well in interviews.

We_are_the_Hearts

As a little experiment for the Monday Night Fitba show I have decided to ask hearts fans to pick their favourite/respected hibs XI during their lifetime. I will keep checking this page for new entries and also on our facebook page and @MNFITBA so feel free to post there as well. During one of our future shows we will discuss some of the teams and give our own personal selections and reasons for them. Below you will see the hibs team I picked covering 94-2014

Goalkeeper ? Daniel Andersson. The Swede was only at the club for one season but is the most dependable and solid keeper I have seen at the club since Andy Goram left. I?m quite suprised he only gained one solitary cap for his country given his obvious attributes. Was a key figure in the clubs league cup triumphs over Celtic & Rangers that year. still playing for Helsingborgs at the fair old age of 41.

Right Back ? David Gray. Has really impressed me since joining in the summer. Looks capable both defensively and in a more advanced wing back role and looks like a more capable captain than craig or hanlon. A very suprising success story given his less than impressive CV.

Left Back ? David Murphy. Hibs fans should be thankful for his lack of pace because if a yard quicker this lad would have played for a top half team in the premiership for a number of years and would never have been seen in a hibs jersey. Injuries have blighted his career but when fully fit there were very few full backs in this country as consistent as him.

Sweeper ? I am not a fan of the sweeper role but felt i needed to make this exception just to make a space for Frank Sauzee. I still can?t quite understand how Alex Mcleish managed to persuade the frenchman to ply his trade in the scottish first division but his signing seemed to give the club the boost the needed at a difficult time. Great reader of the game and a gentleman to boot.

Centre Back ? Ulrik Laursen. A very imposing centre half who could hold is own in a very physical SPL but was also very capable on the deck. Went onto have a decent spell with celtic where he impressed in a couple of positions.

Right Midfield ? Steven Whittaker. Always rated him more as a wide mifielder than as a full back. Great energy and decent pace with a shot that packed a punch. Always seemed to handle life as a footballer in a more professional manner than some of his fellow golden generation.

Left Midfield ? Kevin Mcallister. Maybe inconsistent but on his day a superb old fashioned winger who had a bag of tricks and although recognised more through his spells with Falkirk, he still had a decent spell with the hibees.

Centre Midfield ? Scott Brown. I must admit I still yearn to see the energetic,snarling and technically sound scott brown of old. I feel he has stagnated at Celtic and has rested on his laurels. At Hibs he looked the complete midfielder and under the guidance of Mowbray looked like becoming a star in England.

Centre Midfield ? Russell Latapy. One of the most gifted midfielders I have witnessed at Tynecastle and even in his later years at Falkirk would cause all sorts of problems with his movement and vision. His goal in the 6-2 derby is one of the best scored in a derby during my lifetime. His antics off the field maybe resulted in a sour end to his time at Easter Road but in general he came across as a great role model on the park for his younger team mates.

Forward ? Mixu Paatelainen. Great battering ram of a frontman who overcame a sticky start to his hibs career to win over the fans. Also good on the deck and scored a memorable hat-trick in the 6/2 derby.

Forward ? Darren Jackson. Kept Hibs up almost single handedly in his final year at the club. Never had electric pace on the ball but great at finding space in the final third and had great composure also. A great servant to both edinburgh clubs and to this day still handles himself well in interviews.

I assume you are too young to remember John Collins and Steve Archibald? In my 30 years of derbies the only players I can really remember being bothered about are Archibald, Collins, Durie and Latapy.

• 31 Brown
  • 02 Doherty
  • 04 Hanlon
  • 15 McPake
  • 19 Kujabi
  • 08 Claros
  • 13 Soares
  • 16 Stevenson
  • 24 Osbourne
  • 09 O'Connor
  • 28 Griffiths

Substitutes

• 41 Grant
  • 05 O'Hanlon
  • 22 Francomb
  • 17 Sproule
  • 10 Doyle

• 31 Brown
  • 02 Doherty
  • 04 Hanlon
  • 15 McPake
  • 19 Kujabi
  • 08 Claros
  • 13 Soares
  • 16 Stevenson
  • 24 Osbourne
  • 09 O'Connor
  • 28 Griffiths

Substitutes

• 41 Grant
  • 05 O'Hanlon
  • 22 Francomb
  • 17 Sproule
  • 10 Doyle

:spoton:

Their side of the late sixties/early 70s would take 5 or 6 off that side!

WTF!!!!

I've read some dross on here but this takes the biscuit!

"Most respected"?? Any respect I had for anything connected to this Club was destroyed when their bitter fans did all possible to terminate MY Club!

Even Collins soiled himself with his classless pub team chat.

Gordon Smith I suppose and even then he stopped playing before I was born.

I respect Hibs that much i barely know many of their players, past or present.

They are an irrelevance.

Firstly none of the team you've chosen would touch the team Turnbull assembled but as to " most respected "well away and throw shite at the moon

I've never listened to the show ,seems that's been a good choice if this is an example of the topics good luck tho

Fort Vallance

Unfortunately. I can remember Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Blackley, Black, Stanton, Edwards, Cropley, Gordon, O'Rourke & Duncan. That was before the bile started and real "Hibs Class" began to surface.

Skippy Doodle

Unfortunately due to my age I cannot include the greats from the 70's. Like I've said it's just a little bit of fun and I'm sorry for offending some of you by having the audacity to appreciate an opposition player haha. I left out stokes riordan Griffiths due to character defects that affect my ability to appreciate any ability they have

Yves Ma-Kalamby

Andy McNeil

Zibi Ma?kowski

Graham Stack

And any of the other donkeys they've had between the sticks that have helped us to derby wins in recent years :thumbsup:

Skippy Doodle

Yves Ma-Kalamby

Andy McNeil

Zibi Ma?kowski

Graham Stack

And any of the other donkeys they've had between the sticks that have helped us to derby wins in recent years :thumbsup:

Haha maybe in future I will change the criteria so that it's a goalie XI

Can I ask have you done this in reverse on bounce or lockdown. net ? Wonder what their reaction would be to Robbo Rudi Hartley etc

letsalldothebeattie

GK. Ben Williams

RB. Steven Whittaker

CB. Ian Murray

CB. Jordan Forster

LB. Lewis Stevenson

RM. David Wotherspoon

CM. Scott Brown

CM. Kevin Thomson

LM. Ivan Sproule

ST. Garry O'Connor

ST. Derek Riordan

Too young to admire all the greats the Hobbos had but in my time this is probably the players that despite playing for the Hobbos that i can say i respect for the footballing ability

GK. Ben Williams

RB. Steven Whittaker

CB. Ian Murray

CB. Jordan Forster

LB. Lewis Stevenson

RM. David Wotherspoon

CM. Scott Brown

CM. Kevin Thomson

LM. Ivan Sproule

ST. Garry O'Connor

ST. Derek Riordan

Too young to admire all the greats the Hobbos had but in my time this is probably the players that despite playing for the Hobbos that i can say i respect for the footballing ability

::troll:::'>

Lawrie Reilly and Pat Stanton. Sure there are loads others down the years but can't be bothered checking. And before anyone starts, Pat Stanton is there for his football ability alone, not for whatever drinking/driving exploits he got up to in later years

It must have been the promise of a decanter.

GK. Ben Williams

RB. Steven Whittaker

CB. Ian Murray

CB. Jordan Forster

LB. Lewis Stevenson

RM. David Wotherspoon

CM. Scott Brown

CM. Kevin Thomson

LM. Ivan Sproule

ST. Garry O'Connor

ST. Derek Riordan

Yer at it :)

• 31 Brown
  • 02 Doherty
  • 04 Hanlon
  • 15 McPake
  • 19 Kujabi
  • 08 Claros
  • 13 Soares
  • 16 Stevenson
  • 24 Osbourne
  • 09 O'Connor
  • 28 Griffiths

Substitutes

• 41 Grant
  • 05 O'Hanlon
  • 22 Francomb
  • 17 Sproule
  • 10 Doyle

what about Kano? Surely he has to be in the above list.

Zibbi

Pa Kujabi (Gets in just ahead of Benny Brazil)

Andy Millen

Alan Sneddon

Joe Tortolano

Andy Watson

Jarko Wiss

Pat McCurdy

Alan O'Brien

Konte

Hurtardo

Managed by the decanter lobbing French superstar - Franck Sauzee

They are the 11 greatest players I've had the joy to laugh at in a Hibs shirt and for that they get my respect.

GK. Ben Williams

RB. Steven Whittaker

CB. Ian Murray

CB. Jordan Forster

LB. Lewis Stevenson

RM. David Wotherspoon

CM. Scott Brown

CM. Kevin Thomson

LM. Ivan Sproule

ST. Garry O'Connor

ST. Derek Riordan

you're exctracting the urine right there. :lol:

Any Hibs ***** on planet Earth deserves as much respect as a tiny nugget of dog shite on the bottom of my worst pair of trainers.

Loved watching wee Alex Edwards when I was dragged down to the San Giro.......... :vrwow:

Flipped my old man the V at Tynecastle taking a corner at the Gorgie Road End, old man was giving him pelters,dad and fans around him just laughed, nowadays he would have been banned.

Was "Kano" in the 2012 cup final squad aye?

Going by their performance, he should have been. He would probably have been their best player.

what about Kano? Surely he has to be in the above list.

He might have been sitting behind the goal at Hampden greeting with the rest of them for an hour or so certainly.

We could actually list the few hundred remaining at the end if we knew their names.

Bloody hell thought I'd had a browser hijack.

Most respected Hibs XI. **** me what's the world coming to?

Same here. Are the admins asleep or something?

i had to have a lie down after reading the opening post. Kept looking for the punchline that wasn't there.

Any more of this on JKB and my DD's right oot the windae.

In my time in Scotland they've had some good players but I don't respect any of them. Generally they conduct themselves like classless arses. I know I'm biased but **** them!

Only one mention of the greatest living Frenchman and as manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple of very good friends who were players many moons ago Neil Martin and Bobby Duncan

GK. Ben Williams

RB. Steven Whittaker

CB. Ian Murray

CB. Jordan Forster

LB. Lewis Stevenson

RM. David Wotherspoon

CM. Scott Brown

CM. Kevin Thomson

LM. Ivan Sproule

ST. Garry O'Connor

ST. Derek Riordan

Respected Hibs XI and you've got O'Connor, Riordan, Murray and Sproule in there? :lol:

Even if you were going for a "best XI" Jordan ******* Forster and Lewis Stevenson :rofl:

Respected Hibs XI and you've got O'Connor, Riordan, Murray and Sproule in there? :lol:

Even if you were going for a "best XI" Jordan ******* Forster and Lewis Stevenson :rofl:

To be fair, he missed out Liam Craig, so I almost thought he was being serious :lol:

Archived