Warrington v Exeter

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Warrington off to a great start

1-0 Robinson, brother of the MK Dons manager !

Warrington off to a great start

1-0 Robinson, brother of theMK D ons manager !

he got called karl pilkington earlier!!

Maroon Sailor

he got called karl pilkington earlier!!

Aye so he did !

Enjoying this.

I am actually too. Its scrappy but that makes it more watchable IMO.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I am actually too. Its scrappy but that makes it more watchable IMO.

Agreed. Few of my mates play in the same league as Warrington, nice to comepare the levels of both!

Maroon Sailor

What have Exeter got to do to score - practically laying siege to the Warrington goal

As someone said this is proper football !

Maroon Sailor

I've never seen so many goalmouth scrambles, blocks and clearances off the line !

Unbelievable defending from Warrington

What was the Possession stats for the game and 2nd half in particular?

Exeter can take heart from all the chances they created, pretty much "nearly won"! Better than actually winning

Robbie Savage is a shocking man in the commentary box

Agree.He was a nightmare. Although I think passion when commentating is great, his screaming was extremely wearing

Maroon tinted glasses 2

I work in Warrington and to be honest it's been pretty good to see the buzz and support around the place for football considering it's such a rugby focused area. Hope they get a decent draw in the next round also.

The FA Cup is a fantastic competition. Well in the early rounds at least. A couple of years ago, I tried to go from the extra preliminary round all the way to the final. I followed the winner from each tie. I did make Wembley but only the semi final, I couldn't get a final ticket.

Maroon Sailor

The FA Cup is a fantastic competition. Well in the early rounds at least. A couple of years ago, I tried to go from the extra preliminary round all the way to the final. I followed the winner from each tie. I did make Wembley but only the semi final, I couldn't get a final ticket.

Pity about missing out on the final - surely the F.A itself could've sorted something out for you

Pity about missing out on the final - surely the F.A itself could've sorted something out for you

I was gutted tbh, I tried the FA ( they actually replied and thanked me for my interest in their competition, and explained they get hundreds of requests from simpletons ( my words not theirs) like myself who have been to a match in each of the previous 12 rounds but can't get a final ticket) both clubs, fan forums, Twitter. No joy with any. It was held on 05 May 2012 (remember what happened a week later anyone ??) and was between Chelsea and Liverpool. The tickets were like gold dust. I could have paid silly money online to get one, but I was saving my money for a trip to Hamden the following week.

I might try again in the next couple of seasons. It's a good experience and drags you all over the country.

Maroon Sailor

I was gutted tbh, I tried the FA ( they actually replied and thanked me for my interest in their competition, and explained they get hundreds of requests from simpletons ( my words not theirs) like myself who have been to a match in each of the previous 12 rounds but can't get a final ticket) both clubs, fan forums, Twitter. No joy with any. It was held on 05 May 2012 (remember what happened a week later anyone ??????) and was between Chelsea and Liverpool. The tickets were like gold dust. I could have paid silly money online to get one, but I was saving my money for a trip to Hamden the following week.

I might try again in the next couple of seasons. It's a good experience and drags you all over the country.

Can believe they refer to the public as simpletons !

I know 5 Live do this on an annual basis

Archived