Doubts over Wilson.........

Clerry Jambo

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/key-hearts-player-facing-intense-injury-battle-1-3588530

Hearts captain Danny Wilson faces an intense period of rehabilitation in an attempt to be fit for crucial matches next month.

A recurrence of his hamstring injury saw the defender sent for a scan and he is now battling to be available for upcoming games against Raith Rovers, Falkirk and Rangers.

Not bothered. McGhee is better.

That's your view, but I think the main issue is possibly losing our captain for longer than initially thought.

Bigger picture is also Paterson being out for 2 matches, we cant really suffer more problems at the back.

Ofcourse some may fancy the Prince in the back four!!

We_are_the_Hearts

I'd start McGhee in this case, but I'd imagine he'll be covering RB in Paterson's absense.

We need Wilson but only when 100% as Sunday showed.

Eckersley-McGhee-Ozturk-McHattie until he is back.

I wonder if Brad McKay will get a chance at RB.

If Robbie goes with Eckersley instead, that surely means that McKay is clearly not fancied at all.

If that is the case, I would look to move McKay on in January and bring in someone that can cover.

The Treasurer

That's your view, but I think the main issue is possibly losing our captain for longer than initially thought.

Bigger picture is also Paterson being out for 2 matches, we cant really suffer more problems at the back.

DW clearly wasn't 100% on Sunday and rushing him back may well turn out to be a mistake if he is now out for any length of time.

The Great Khali

We only have three players, Mchattie, Mackay and McGhee to come in.

Sounds like Rangers and their premonitions might have been correct. Not enough cover

:lol:

The Great Khali

I fancy the Prince anywhere :wub:

Jambof3tornado

Not sure its a panic but the wilson situation makes young Callums error of judgement tackle even more of a silly one.

Lesson learned hopefully.

Jordan at CB and Brad can cover. No panic whatsoever. Or Adam to RB and Kev in at LB. Op-shuns galore.

We_are_the_Hearts

We need Wilson to be fully fit, I still like him, don't get the haters at all

Would hardly say anyone was a hater!! Some just think he is better than others. It;s the same with Walker (who I rate) but others who don;t rate him as much somehow get labelled as haters. Don;t think 95% of Jambos hate any of our players, but have different opinions on their ability.

Would hardly say anyone was a hater!! Some just think he is better than others. It;s the same with Walker (who I rate) but others who don;t rate him as much somehow get labelled as haters. Don;t think 95% of Jambos hate any of our players, but have different opinions on their ability.

Different views , I have heard people who hate he is in the team, not to say they hate Wilson as a person . I would like to think that 100% of out support don't hate any of players regardless of their ability FTH

Edward snowdon

interesting one for RN next weekend in choosing our defence. With two starting defenders out will be interesting to see how he shuffles the pack for the Raith game. I don't think Mcghee will play CH due to Christian Nade being there main striker think as some have suggested PB will play there with Mcghee at RB

Not bothered. McGhee is better.

Well he's not is he. He's good and shown a lot of promise, will be a fine replacement for games against Raith and Falkirk, but he's not actually better than Wilson.

If Robbie goes with Eckersley instead, that surely means that McKay is clearly not fancied at all.

If that is the case, I would look to move McKay on in January and bring in someone that can cover.

Horse shit at right back is our Brad. Not much better at CH if truth be told.

Might get a chance at CH if McGhee replaces Paterson. Suspect Eckersley moves to right back with McHattie coming back into LB with McGhee partnering Ozturk.

Brad showed how much he can be trusted at) when replacing the already booked and under severe pressure of being sent off Jordan McGhee at Ibrox on opening day - booked within 10 seconds of coming on and left RN with the exact same issue he faced with McGhee on a booking moments before.

Eckersley is actually a RB so he could play there with McHattie coming back at LB with McGhee and Ozturk at CB.

Eckersley is not a right back

HERTZ IN TRUBBUL LIKESAY

fae oor korispondunt

wan o they yam fuds took a dull yin and they'll get beat nixt game wi'out him, eh no?

:vrface:

no wonder that paper is about to go bust.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well he's not is he. He's good and shown a lot of promise, will be a fine replacement for games against Raith and Falkirk, but he's not actually better than Wilson.

Wilson is a very average footballer who has obtained kudos for his loyalty to the club through the shite of last season. This seems to give him leeway for his poor decision making.

the sub goalie

Eckersley is not a right back

His preferred position is indeed left back but when signed, Robbie stated he can play in both full back positions.

I think we will go with a back 4 of Eckersley, Ozturk, McGhee and McHattie.

However, I would be tempted to go 3-5-2 at home to Raith.

What is going on with Brad McKay just now? He is a decent player so will have no problem with coming into the team for the Raith game.

Don't think Brad was even on the bench on Sunday.

I think it's clear to see what is happening.

Wilson is a very average footballer who has obtained kudos for his loyalty to the club through the shite of last season. This seems to give him leeway for his poor decision making.

oh dear :-(

Surely our options are:

Eckersley Ozturk McGhee McHattie

McGhee McKay Ozturk McHattie

McGhee McKay Ozturk Eckersley

I'd go with the top one. If McKay does play, it'll be at centre half. He's dangerous enough on the ball there without putting him somewhere he's actually supposed to use it :lol:

I don't have any problem with you generally Geoff but it does my head in when people state what is clearly just their opinion as fact and assume that everyone agrees. Especially as your "facts" can presumably only have been gleaned by watching the narrow view you get on tv.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't have any problem with you generally Geoff but it does my head in when people state what is clearly just their opinion as fact and assume that everyone agrees. Especially as your "facts" can presumably only have been gleaned by watching the narrow view you get on tv.

I've not assumed that anyone agrees with me. I'm quite happy to be in a minority of one if necessary.

:rofl:

You are having a 'mare Geoff.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'd be saving Wilson for the Rangers game to be honest. Paterson's suspension has given us a bit of a dilemma but we should have enough about us to see off Raith and Falkirk without Wilson, and there's no point risking his injury again and having him miss the Rangers game.

Moving Eckersley to right back is an option but my only concern with that is that he is so predominantly left footed. I guess what it could mean is that whoever plays as the right winger stays wide and tries to hit the byline with Eckersley acting as a sort of under-lapping full back, coming inside early and either having a shot at goal or playing a pass but I'm not a huge fan of playing a full back on their 'wrong side'.

If McKay gets his chance, which I wouldn't have an issue with, then he gets a couple of games to prove his worth to Neilson and show that he does have a part to play this season.

Teuchterjambo

Surely our options are:

Eckersley Ozturk McGhee McHattie

McGhee McKay Ozturk McHattie

McGhee McKay Ozturk Eckersley

I'd go with the top one. If McKay does play, it'll be at centre half. He's dangerous enough on the ball there without putting him somewhere he's actually supposed to use it :lol:

Poor post even if done with tongue in cheek ... he is a young footballer still learning his trade and he plays for our team. Time will tell if he makes it or not but in the meantime he deserves all our support and does not need that sort of cheap shot humour ridiculing him.

Poor post even if done with tongue in cheek ... he is a young footballer still learning his trade and he plays for our team. Time will tell if he makes it or not but in the meantime he deserves all our support and does not need that sort of cheap shot humour ridiculing him.

He's in our squad as a back up no nonsense centre half. Playing him at right back when our game focuses so much on quick passing in the wide areas would crucify him.

Wilson is the captain , the leader and will be a miss but Jordan has been excellent at CB particularly his composure and distribution.

In saying that McKay coming back in and Mcghee at RB looks a better balance for raith

Hear! Hear!

I'd be saving Wilson for the Rangers game to be honest. Paterson's suspension has given us a bit of a dilemma but we should have enough about us to see off Raith and Falkirk without Wilson, and there's no point risking his injury again and having him miss the Rangers game.

Moving Eckersley to right back is an option but my only concern with that is that he is so predominantly left footed. I guess what it could mean is that whoever plays as the right winger stays wide and tries to hit the byline with Eckersley acting as a sort of under-lapping full back, coming inside early and either having a shot at goal or playing a pass but I'm not a huge fan of playing a full back on their 'wrong side'.

If McKay gets his chance, which I wouldn't have an issue with, then he gets a couple of games to prove his worth to Neilson and show that he does have a part to play this season.

All this just highlights we can do without stupid red cards! No doubt Robble will be making that point to Paterson.

The only issue I have with the Wilson - Ozturk partnership is they are very similar players and both look more of a sweeper than an out and out centre half. Neither attack the ball like Steven Pressley as an example and both have a tendency to wander and switch off a bit in games. However many people forget Wilson is 22 and Alim is 21......that's very inexperienced for such a vital position and having only conceded 6 goals in the league its very difficult to criticise any of the players especially the defenders.

All this just highlights we can do without stupid red cards! No doubt Robble will be making that point to Paterson.

Bit harsh on Paterson IMO. He had to make that tackle because of a shit pass earlier , further up the pitch that gave Hibs possession for a dangerous counter attack. So went from a promising area of attack into desperate defence in a couple of seconds. And it wasn't the first time we had wasted good possession with shit passing in threatening areas.

Bit harsh on Paterson IMO. He had to make that tackle because of a shit pass earlier , further up the pitch that gave Hibs possession for a dangerous counter attack. So went from a promising area of attack into desperate defence in a couple of seconds. And it wasn't the first time we had wasted good possession with shit passing in threatening areas.

Walker picked the wrong option admittedly - however Patterson did not have to make that challenge. It was a really stupid challenge to make it wasn't as if the guy was clean through on goal. Even if Patterson only clips his heels its probably a booking but to go in with his studs up was only going to result in one thing - a red card.

:cornette:

He didn't need to rake his stubs down the boys leg. Trip him by all means and take a booking.

He was ******* stupid.

Nope - he did not have to make THAT kind of tackle. He could have tripped the guy and got a yellow - absolutely no need to stud the him on the back of the leg.

Not withstanding that, Eckersley was about to win the ball anyway.

Walker picked the wrong option admittedly - however Patterson did not have to make that challenge. It was a really stupid challenge to make it wasn't as if the guy was clean through on goal. Even if Patterson only clips his heels its probably a booking but to go in with his studs up was only going to result in one thing - a red card.

Plus Gomis was flying and would have got the challenge in...

....and got red-carded instead :bucktooth:

Nope - he did not have to make THAT kind of tackle. He could have tripped the guy and got a yellow - absolutely no need to stud the him on the back of the leg.

Not withstanding that, Eckersley was about to win the ball anyway.

I never said he had to make that kind of tackle. It's easy to say with the benefit of hindsight what you think the outcome was going to be. Paterson didn't have that advantage.

Archived