Expecting the worst

andrew

Anyone else expecting a major let down when the new manager is announced?

McGhee is widely expected to be unveiled in the coming weeks but recent quotes from Boyle and McGhee himself don't fill me with much confidence.

Romanov has been quiet for a while now - part of me expects a massive clear out this summer and a team of Eastern Europeans heading across with Riabovas in charge.

At least if you expect the worst anything better with be a massive surprise I suppose...

Nucky Thompson

I expect the best:) especially since the job of finding the right man has been left to CO. We won't blow it this time:p

MackaysCentreSpot

I think we should wait and see who the new management team is before filling the place with more doom and gloom.

If the story is true that Frail is away, then that is the first positive news we have had for a while IMO.

i'm fearful of lambert myself

if frail's going then it may be jeffries coming in given that one of the rumoured reasons for him not getting the job previously was to do with a BB/frail conflict

Jam Tarts 1874

I would be surprised if we get a big name. I would also be surprised if we get some more eastern European hammer throwers. The previous mistakes have been astonishing but remember that Romanov does have other UKIO shareholders to answer to as well as probably getting some direction from Campbell Ogilvie. So expect someone with British experience and a half-decent CV, but nothing overly exciting. (in my humble opinion)

hmfc_steve

if frail's going then it may be jeffries coming in given that one of the rumoured reasons for him not getting the job previously was to do with a BB/frail conflict

I think the combo of JJ/BB is a distinct possibility ..... MM is a red herring

Jam Tarts 1874

Yes, Jeffries was widely reported (and not denied by JJ) to have had discussions. I can see why JJ would want to bring BB with him and how SF would get bumped.

I think we should wait and see who the new management team is before filling the place with more doom and gloom.

If the story is true that Frail is away, then that is the first positive news we have had for a while IMO.

Agreed, this is the most positive the board has been in months, why bring it down?

scott herbertson

McGhee is widely expected to be unveiled in the coming weeks but recent quotes from Boyle and McGhee himself don't fill me with much confidence.

Romanov has been quiet for a while now - part of me expects a massive clear out this summer and a team of Eastern Europeans heading across with Riabovas in charge.

At least if you expect the worst anything better with be a massive surprise I suppose...

I've just tried your method

Now I can't get the image of Rix's tongue licking round his lips out of my mind....arghhhhhhh!!!!

NoseLikeMahe

From what I heard of the 'shortlist' there was plenty BB, not so much JJ.

However, I trust the incognito DoF to bring in the right man ;)

I'm expecting Korobochka to still be here come start of the season with some unknown eastern European taking over as Head coach.

Maybe even bringing Ivanauskas back.

MackaysCentreSpot

I would not be surprised to hear the names Billy Brown and Gary Locke mentioned when the new management team is announced.

Just something I heard.........;)

I would not be surprised to hear the names Billy Brown and Gary Locke mentioned when the new management team is announced.

Just something I heard.........;)

BB :(

GL :)

The cruckie cookie

I am waiting for Mark McGhee to be unvailed, however in the back of my mind, I have this guy within the pyramid called Anton Joore who keeps coming back.

Along with some guys from Ripo/Kaunas:mad:

MackaysCentreSpot

Oh well, as I said earlier, lets just wait and see who is announced before we fill the place with doom and gloom.

rudi must stay

have expected it since probably January 2nd. Too good to be true it seemed. Like you say though anything else will be a bonus though

maroonedinoz

Question I would ask though..are we getting a bit carried away and thinking that simply by appointing a new manager all our ills are going somehow to be swept away?

I for one don't think so, and if we get off to a poor start next season then what happens?

Anything less than Jose Mourinhno and I refuse to renew!

What... not even for Brian Kerr :boak:.

A bit of glamour at the club. Nah that would never happen :mad:

Question I would ask though..are we getting a bit carried away and thinking that simply by appointing a new manager all our ills are going somehow to be swept away?

I for one don't think so, and if we get off to a poor start next season then what happens?

Appointing McGhee would at least be a step in the right direction.

What's the point in discussing a poor start to next season? It's months away.

Drew Busby !
What... not even for Brian Kerr :boak:.

I can just imagine the news article now and Vlads quotes ... "I could see the hunger and passion in his eyes when we met ... I knew right away that he was the right man..." etc yada blah and so on.

I'm depressing myself already.

We've had a 'shortlist' for nearly 5 months. In that time there has been no news that HMFC has made any request to approach any manager in situ.

If there's gonna be a manager in place in the next week or so it'll be pretty startling. It'll also be a major surprise if it's a manager who's already in a job - for the reason stated above.

Maybe Vlad has been doing his Lithuanian FA coaching badge behind the scenes. I can't say I'm holding my breath on this one.

Don't know if I'm expecting the worst but I don't believe McGhee is the answer to our problems. I will concede that if he brings order and stability to the club that will be a huge step forward.

I hope we do have a massive clear-out because we have too many ordinary players cluttering up the dressing-room. I couldn't care less if Riobovas comes with a boat load of E Europeans if they are better than we have. I do object if they are coming for reasons of nepotism.

I'm expecting nothing, to be honest. I feel it works for me and usually turns out that way anyway.

I've heard a former board member has been given the task of buttering up CL, from a decent source.

It will be McGhee.

If not then I can't see Levein coming back here after he left just as Romanov was taking over.

I also don't think that it would work out well if Jefferies came back. Obviously it would be better than what we currently have but I just have a gut feeling that it wouldn't go great.

The way I feel is that if it was to be the likes of McGhee/Davies we would be a definate 3rd spot finish and good cup runs, providing full control ect, and maybe even better in 1/2 years time. But, if it was JJ/BB we would be struggling for 3rd every season and have average cup runs with the ocassional good run. And I see Levein kind of sitting in the middle. Also, if its gonna be another eastern european i cant see us doing much better than this season. Personally I want McGhee to get the job and Im hopeful. But only time will tell.

Surprised Stewart Baxters name has not been mentioned as a possibly appointment, his name always seems too get mentioned when a Scottish Managers job is available.:)

J J and B B and G L would do me fine..

My preference at the moment is

JJ, Pressley, Fulton and Locke

Jam Tarts 1874
It will be McGhee.

If not then I can't see Levein coming back here after he left just as Romanov was taking over.

I also don't think that it would work out well if Jefferies came back. Obviously it would be better than what we currently have but I just have a gut feeling that it wouldn't go great.

Might as well get some facts correct. Levein has stated publicy on more than one occassion that the reason he started looking to leave Hearts was because he could see the relationship between Robinson and the fans deteriorating - nothing to do with Romanov.

Might as well get some facts correct. Levein has stated publicy on more than one occassion that the reason he started looking to leave Hearts was because he could see the relationship between Robinson and the fans deteriorating - nothing to do with Romanov.

Levein stated a month or two ago that he wanted to leave Hearts in part due to the fans being more bothered about protests against the sale of Tynecastle rather than watching his dull as ditchwater team. Imagine the fans being unhappy about the permanent loss of the ground rather than delighting in the 1 in 4 weeks appearances of the indoor barbequer and McKenna blundering about up front.:eek:

Of course he has also said that he was trying to get out for a year before his eventual move because he wanted a stepping stone to the Premiership :dribble:. And of course on top of that there is the all sports shenanigans ...

Jam Tarts 1874
Levein stated a month or two ago that he wanted to leave Hearts in part due to the fans being more bothered about protests against the sale of Tynecastle rather than watching his dull as ditchwater team. Imagine the fans being unhappy about the permanent loss of the ground rather than delighting in the 1 in 4 weeks appearances of the indoor barbequer and McKenna blundering about up front.:eek:

Of course he has also said that he was trying to get out for a year before his eventual move because he wanted a stepping stone to the Premiership :dribble:. And of course on top of that there is the all sports shenanigans ...

Like I said, nothing to do with Romanov. I didn't feel the need to quote all of Levein's comments, don't know why you did?

Goose Baxter

You can imagine at the unvailing Jose going ' i am the special one '

And then Vlad sitting there hearing this and sacking him on the spot because he is ' the special one '

Like I said, nothing to do with Romanov. I didn't feel the need to quote all of Levein's comments, don't know why you did?

Don't like Levein:)

He did have a meeting with Romanov before he left though.

Archived