What really is Vlad's Agenda...........

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

............all answers accepted within the rules of JKB ofcourse;)

PS Why did I start this thread..........because my heid is aching trying to work this guy out.

Clerry Jambo
Knowone knows - not even Vlad.

Case closed.

Cheers Tucks, sounds about right - Dex close thread please:wacko:

Buffalo Bill

PS Why did I start this thread..........because my heid is aching trying to work this guy out.

That's a toughy.

So far I'd say it was to ride into town like a white knight, and give hope to men and women like they'd only ever dreamt before.

Then just **** everything right up after that.

The story continues.

Buffalo Bill

maroonlegions
............all answers accepted within the rules of JBK ofcourse;)

i know the feeling , its like something out of the x-files , all the evidance seems to point to a number of out comes , fecking off,pulling us out of this mess and making us a force to be feared or doing things in a way as to leave every body guessing and pulling their hair out because its his way or no-way that will one day seen as a series of master strokes and comedy genius as the new stand is complete and sitting at the top of the league after another treble.:P;):107years:

The only person to know is him and just now we can only speculate , argue,moan, pick out what we can from his various actions and come up with so called logical answers.:rolleyes::confused:

Access to some of the most prime commercial property land in one of the most wealthy cities in europe

Acess to western european business world

Asset realisation at Hearts as and when profitable to do so - taking players from unfashionable teams / leagues and laundering them up to higher price values through the SPL

I dont think football per se comes into it. It certainly doesnt seem like it. He is not interested in a good manager, good players, coming to the games, league position etc

maroonlegions
Access to some of the most prime commercial property land in one of the most wealthy cities in europe

Asset realisation at Hearts as and when profitable to do so - taking players from unfashionable teams / leagues and laundering them up to higher price values through the SPL

I dont think football per se comes into it. It certainly doesnt seem like it. He is not interested in a good manager, good players, coming to the games, league position etc

so all in all he could have bought a team in Italy and done the very same things listed above but then again the fans over their would have had his b*** roasting on a BBQ by now eh.:rolleyes::P

Cut The Crap

The only way to know for sure is to follow the money.

The ~?4m black hole in the latest accounts was deserving of more scrutiny than it got. If we could find out where that went, we'd be a lot closer to knowing why Vlad is here.

Ray Winstone
so all in all he could have bought a team in Italy and done the very same things listed above but then again the fans over their would have had his b*** roasting on a BBQ by now eh.:rolleyes::P

Most Italian teams grounds are owned by the government. Therefore no land value.

Ray Winstone

The ~?4m black hole in the latest accounts was deserving of more scrutiny than it got. If we could find out where that went, we'd be a lot closer to knowing why Vlad is here.

It went on Nade's pies for the year - fact.

Clerry Jambo

This is the thing that I cant suss with Romanov - after watching that first season where the fitba was scincillating at times, won a Major trophy, 2nd in the League - he looked absolutely over the moon with it all:)

Then...........well the rest is history.

But why the feck doesn't he want these days to return because he is doing everything possible to do the complete opposite:mad:

Tablets nurse............:confused:

Jam Tarts 1874

With the assets they already have under mangement, there are far easier ways for UKIO to make money.

If Romanov wanted the land at Tynecastle he could have just allowed the deal that was already in place for the sale of Tynecastle to go ahead.

There are far easier ways for a financial institution to set up shop in the UK than to take control of a football club, your argument makes no sense.

Asset stripping? It will be years before Hearts are profitable and when (and if) we are, surely it will be as a result of being sucessful, so how would Romanov selling us in the future be a bad thing? The monies from player sales, season tickets etc go to HMFC and form part of the income just like any other business, they don't go to Romanov. Perhaps you believe that somehow Romanov is pocketing money and the club's accountants Johnson Carmichael (who are one of the top 25 accountancy practices in the UK) are just letting him get away with it?

Jam Tarts 1874

What ?4m black hole? I have a copy of the accounts here, certified by Johnson Carmichael, there is no ?4m discrepancy, what are you talking about?

scott herbertson
This is the thing that I cant suss with Romanov - after watching that first season where the fitba was scincillating at times, won a Major trophy, 2nd in the League - he looked absolutely over the moon with it all:)

But why the feck doesn't he want these days to return because he is doing everything possible to do the complete opposite:mad:

Surely that's the point. He loved the football but didn't like the loss of control

He took control and the football went to pieces.

That's not a good psychological outcome for Romanov.

He therefore distanced himself from the football with a smokescreen of Directors of Football and coaches.

I still hope he has a plan to come riding back into town when a new manager gets us back to the position where we are playing good football again

...I'm an optimist

Cut The Crap
What ?4m black hole? I have a copy of the accounts here, certified by Johnson Carmichael, there is no ?4m discrepancy, what are you talking about?

I'm talking about the registration fees, the recipients of which were deemed "confidential".

flecktimus

couldn't have put it better myself

With the assets they already have under mangement, there are far easier ways for UKIO to make money.

If Romanov wanted the land at Tynecastle he could have just allowed the deal that was already in place for the sale of Tynecastle to go ahead.

There are far easier ways for a financial institution to set up shop in the UK than to take control of a football club, your argument makes no sense.

Asset stripping? It will be years before Hearts are profitable and when (and if) we are, surely it will be as a result of being sucessful, so how would Romanov selling us in the future be a bad thing? The monies from player sales, season tickets etc go to HMFC and form part of the income just like any other business, they don't go to Romanov. Perhaps you believe that somehow Romanov is pocketing money and the club's accountants Johnson Carmichael (who are one of the top 25 accountancy practices in the UK) are just letting him get away with it?

I didnt mention asset stripping per se

For every additional penny Hearts are in debt UKIO bankas earn additional interest - thats one point

There are ways to get money out of a company to other companies and other third parties without the "front" company benefitting in real financial terms

It only really becomes an issue if the shareholders want it to, or the company goes under

Black holes in accounts? ?3.8m agency fees or something I think - not sure if anyone knows what these were for

It will be interesting to see the accounts next year with all our massive cost cutting and the Gordon, Hartley money

On the property side of things

People say it would have been much easier for an unknown Lithuanian businessman to get his hands on the chunk of city centre land he currently has than to buy a football team. He certainly wouldnt have got the land he did get without the Hearts deal thats for sure, Gorgie / Dalry is zoned for the next major redevlopment in Edinburgh from memory - but I'm happy for that to be debated more fully

But given, for example, ownership of hearts was gained by his share purchase - what precise price was paid for his holding? Around ?4m? Thats pretty cheap for the land he now has is it not?

And its all borrowed

Bottom line is, we have to look for more spurious reasons of his intentions - as it is damn well obvious he is not primarily interested in making Hearts a better football team

flecktimus

?3.7m on Transfers or registrations or what ever you want to call them

maroonedinoz

Its obvious that he does have an interest in football - as evidenced I suggest by his involvement in other teams in Eastern Europe.

I think he came with good, but fatally flawed intentions.

I think he was looking for a foot in the door of a footballing nation that would give him a reasonable chance of being able to 'showcase' east European players on a bigger - ie Champions League' stage, to eventually sell off and make lots of money.

I think he looked at Scotland and decided that to do so on a regular basis, all he effectively had to do was to worry about TWO clubs that were standing between his ambitions and reality, and he thought that if he pumped a few bob in at the start it would all fall into place, and that Hearts would finish above the Old Frim as a result of his investment.

He horribly underestimated the power of the old firm, not to mention the culture of Scottish football and Scottish culture in general.

It hasn't worked out as childishly simple as he hoped, and now he does not have a clue in high hades what to do about it.

He could sell up, but he'd lose money..and I think more importantly - be seen back home in Lithuania to be an abject failure - I think it is his ego that is keeping him here in the short term until he finally works out his exit strategy.

He cares not one jot about Hearts - remember it could have just as easily have been Dundee or Dunfermline, as they were his first choices.

Whether he finally uses the excuse for his departure as a battle over planning permission or being able to talk up the 'corruptness' of the Scottish League I do not know, but I think he realises the game is up, and as I say, I don't think he has a clue how to extradite himself from all of this and keep his reputation in tact.

I think he may have also by now worked out that a lot of the eastern European players he may think are worth squillions, are in effect not very marketable throughout the rest of europe - certainly not at the value he has in mind, and that he has bitten off much, much more than he can chew..

flecktimus

To make money, plain and simple.

His Bank has made money

Kaunas has made money

Vlad has made money

The only f..kers not to make money are HMFC

So there you have it plain and simple.

Cut The Crap

His Bank has made money

Kaunas has made money

Vlad has made money

I believe in certain circles that is referred to as a "bust out" (which is different from the popular ditty directed at female physiotherapists and police constables).

Clerry Jambo

His Bank has made money

Kaunas has made money

Vlad has made money

Can't argue with any of that mate............there are easier ways to make money for guys like Romanov so I assumed it was jist a wee ego trip for him, but alas he is never here now!!

Clerry still confused:confused:

Walter Bishop

Money laundering, asset stripping?? who knows, the guy is an total nutjob and would sell his Granny to the highest bidder!!!

jambovambo

I heard rumours he isn't at the top of the particular food chain we are dealing with, even to the extent he has been put in place by others ...

"For our plan to work, we need to put someone in place who is interested in football. That Vlad chap should do." (can't do Russian; won't attempt Russian "accent")

then (Oct 2005)

"sheeoot ... he is becoming too successful ... call him in for a chat and tell him to put the brakes on ... this success does not suit our purposes ..."

in the meantime, Vlad himself, gets more and more disillusioned and ceases to care, because actually he is being told he can't do it his way (hard to believe, but a possibility)

oh ... and we suffer.

His Bank has made money

Kaunas has made money

Vlad has made money

Bang on the button.

Jammy T is right too.

VR has no real interest in the football side of HMFC. The only football interest he does have is showcasing cheaper players registered through Kaunas. He got carried away a bit initially when the Burley success intoxicated his sense of excitement but then he realised it was rather more difficult than Burley made it appear so he reverted back to the original intentions of Business.

His Business intentions are:

Get bank into Western European banking sector.

Increase property holdings in Western Europe.

Use ailing cash strapped institution to offset tax from other profitable businesses.

VR is not here to win us the Champions League or even the SPL.

VR is happy with his lot I reckon. All his businesses are making money. Hearts are helping him do that.

lambojambo
Money laundering, asset stripping?? who knows, the guy is an total nutjob and would sell his Granny to the highest bidder!!!

Vlad went on record as saying that he would NEVER sell his Granny to an Old Firm Club! :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

Appears to me that Vlad has 2 agendas.

#1 - try to make money from huge gambles on football players

#2 - pin the blame for any problems on anyone but himself.

alwaysthereinspirit

Agenda: a list of things to do. a program.

Sounds like he has no agenda then.

We know two things about Mr Romanov:

He likes making money.

He likes to be the centre of attention.

Not too hard to work it out from there.

The important question is can he pursue those ends AND benefit the Hearts.

It's not impossible but it hasn't been looking much like it for a while now.

IMA MAROON
Appears to me that Vlad has 2 agendas.

#1 - try to make money from huge gambles on football players

#2 - pin the blame for any problems on anyone but himself.

#2 is hardly an agenda.

His #2 is obviously to make Hearts a successful football club

Guest JamboRobbo
#2 is hardly an agenda.

His #2 is obviously to make Hearts a successful football club

Obviously. That'll be why he changed things whilst we were top of the league and flying. :smile:

His actions have shown that if he does want success for Hearts, he only wants it if it's done his way.....so it's a secondary aim at best.....

If the agenda is simply money

please explain the Ibrahim Tall situation to me.

he would have sold him in january for 300k or whatever was bid.

IMA MAROON
If the agenda is simply money

please explain the Ibrahim Tall situation to me.

he would have sold him in january for 300k or whatever was bid.

The bid was not enough when you look at how much Tall had cost the club during his stay here.

Vlad expected a bit of loyalty from Tall, hoped he'd sign a new contract and that way he could ask for a bigger fee when selling him on.

It's all about the money.

I genuinely think his agenda is simple, to make Hearts as successful as he can.

It's just his methods are psychotic.... and impractical.

Mick Belker

This is a breathe of fresh air! You seem to be in the know! What are your cradentials?(spelling) I am not having a go, i want to know how much knowledge you have in this area.

I think every Hearts supporter has a fear about the finances and how it is going to pan out.

If true this is a possitive!

The bid was not enough when you look at how much Tall had cost the club during his stay here.

Vlad expected a bit of loyalty from Tall, hoped he'd sign a new contract and that way he could ask for a bigger fee when selling him on.

It's all about the money.

Tall said at the time he wanted to go

a blind man could have seen he wanted to leave

in effect not selling him has cost not only the transfer fee but also another 20 weeks wages over 1/2 a million pounds.

Vlad does not let that go easily.

Only a Game

I really actually think he believed he could come here, chuck a few million quid about, and breeze his way into the Champions league every year.

By the end of year one, when he had actually made it to the Champions league qualifiers, for some reason he lost his bottle.

I think he'd love to get out now but he cant unless he dissolves us completely or turns us round into something sellable he can cut his losses on.

Hopefully he'll chose the latter option.

Clerry Jambo
I really actually think he believed he could come here, chuck a few million quid about, and breeze his way into the Champions league every year.

By the end of year one, when he had actually made it to the Champions league qualifiers, for some reason he lost his bottle.

I think he'd love to get out now but he cant unless he dissolves us completely or turns us round into something sellable he can cut his losses on.

Hopefully he'll chose the latter option.

This is what is so frustrating OAG - I can't imagine Vlad lacking bottle BUT why invest what he did in that first season which was fairly substancial in Hearts terms and then appear to say well thats it we've made it.

We had a marvellous platform to say right, lets now have a go at the title as we weren't that far away - now we are miles away again:mad:

walton1983

There were pictures of him on the open top bus looking very glum but in others he looked elated:confused:

walton1983

Where else would his bank get ?2m per annum in guaranteed interest payments;)

jambovambo

As I suggest, 'cos he's been told ... see #24

Archived