Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies

Marvin

I can understand that but it doesn't fit with "right minded" thinking.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

What does then?

MacDonald Jardine

Hearts are one of the 11 leagues founding members of Scotland. We were the club to implement the penalty kick as we know it today. We are the only club to win the scottish cup outside of Glasgow. Hibs helped set up Dundee united. cant forget St bernards in anything mentioned as they won a few scottish cups. Along with Spartans today.

Edinburgh is steeped in footballing history.

Hope that answered your question!

It didn't. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and birthplace of Hearts and arguably Hibs.

But when playing neither are playing as Edinburgh as such.

Why is using geographical location as a badge of identity intrinsically better than religion?

MacDonald Jardine

What does then?

Hating the Old Firm because they're bigoted and bad whereas every other club is much the same as each other.

It didn't. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and birthplace of Hearts and arguably Hibs.

But when playing neither are playing as Edinburgh as such.

Why is using geographical location as a badge of identity intrinsically better than religion?

Stupidest post of the year IMO

MacDonald Jardine

Stupidest post of the year IMO

Care to expand?

So what is everyone's opinion this subject?

I don't really hate the vermin - i just enjoy watching them be destroyed. In comparison with the OF there's a nonsensical hatred of each other based on degrading each other's religion.

If there was to be an award for the most stupid rivalry in British football the OF would get it for their collection of knuckledragging morons.

Whilst I'm at it - the "big OF game" itself was garbage for a good while (before Rangers died) - a massive non event of crap fitba every few months. As usual the press overlooked that on the pitch it's quality as a derby was in decline.

I hate both old firm teams more than Hibs purely because of their bigoted fans and how they think they are the greatest fans in the world and think they can behave like animals whenever they visit our stadium. Also the police and stewards seem to be scared and intimidated by them and have no control. Then there is the numerous refereeing decisions that they get in just about every match we play them in. Hibs on the other hand are just Hibs enough said ha ha ha

PurfJambo1902

I don't think the 'hatred' between Celtic and Rangers is anything like Us and hibs...I look at a lad in a hibs shirt, what comes to mind? Not 'I hate this guy and everything he stands for' but a thought more of 'ach well, maybe he'll grow out of it'. On Derby day there is a hatred between the two clubs, after that it's just a rivalry, a rivalry which we are dominanent in. At least, that's my opinion anyway

Creepy Lurker

If it wasn't for the internet, there would be less acrimony between Hearts fans and Hibs fans.

However, the internet is a reality and, my attitude to Hibs has definitely changed because of the stuff tat went on over the past few seasons, particularly.

I would not compare us with the Cheeks in Glasgow, because it's more a Big Toe Pinkie Toe relationship through here. No matter how het up the wee toe gets, it's wee toe and will always be so!

Mind you, given a few million years, the wee toe could evolve into an elephant's trunk!

This is a really weird analogy, Colin.

Archived