Can anything top the 5-1 cup final ?

Maroon Sailor

Hibs 0-7 Hearts in a league match ?

6-1 in a Scottish Cup final and all Hearts fans to grow an extra finger to taunt all the Hobos.

Maroon Sailor

Winning the league.

...and I don't mean 'The Championship'.

Just about to say that !

For me it's that as well.

Get 73 and 86 out of my system.

Winning the league.

Just so.

Winning the league.

Beating them 8-0 at ER in the process

This might be a controversial one, but I think we've arguably had a better singular 'moment' since...IF we were to break down '5-1' as a series of five individual moments, plus full time and the Sunday parade.

I am talking of course about a certain goal at Anfield.

alwaysthereinspirit

Not even close.

Well it would be worth 3 points compared to their 2 points way back in the day.

Nah just kidding.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Hibs 0-7 Hearts in a league match ?

Don't be silly.......................unless that league match meant that we went on to win the title in the top division then it doesn't come close.

Would still love it to happen, of course.

Maroon Sailor

Not even close.

In terms of scorelines I would love to see 0-7 in a league match against them. They would have nothing left.

Sasathejambo1874

Winning the Scottish prem on the final day at Easter Road beating them 5-1 needing 4 goals to win on goal difference over Celtic. With the goal of the title win coming from a sparky own goal.

Not to much to ask.

gorgie rd eh11

In terms of scorelines I would love to see 0-7 in a league match against them. They would have nothing left.

They have nothing left.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Beating them 7+ nil in a random league game is not even nearly as big.

5-1 in the final of the Scottish Cup, is virtually untoppable. We'd have to beat them in a Premiership decider to top it, even by a sclaffed goal.

Chaka Demus & pliers

It may be an age thing but 7-0 honestly does not bother me in the slightest. It happened 8 years before I was born and none of my Hibs supporting mates were around to see it either.

If any of them ever had the cheek to mention it they'd get laughed at.

They wouldn't mention it though as they know it is irrelevant given the results since (certainly in my lifetime).

Maroon Sailor

It may be an age thing but 7-0 honestly does not bother me in the slightest. It happened 8 years before I was born and none of my Hibs supporting mates were around to see it either.

If any of them ever had the cheek to mention it they'd get laughed at.

They wouldn't mention it though as they know it is irrelevant given the results since (certainly in my lifetime).

That's fair enough - I can understand that

This doesn't come close to 19-05-12, but I relish the thought of hosting Rangers on the last day with the title already in the bag. Fingers crossed.

A league win in terms of things against them. To be honest though '98 will always be the biggest thing for me (that I can reasonably foresee).

The aforementioned Griffiths OG to win us the league on goal difference would be the ultimate....

Can anything beat that 5-1..........

Mmmmm....Kylie and Cheryl smothering themselves in coconut oil before taking it turn to Rodger me senseless.......?

Naaa........ not even that.

alwaysthereinspirit

This doesn't come close to 19-05-12, but I relish the thought of hosting Rangers on the last day with the title already in the bag. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully everyone brings a newspaper to read again. :2thumbsup:

The Future's Maroon

Mmmmm....Kylie and Cheryl smothering themselves in coconut oil before taking it turn to Rodger me senseless.......?

It would be a close 2nd though!

Maroon Sailor

Nope, but am absolute violation in a league game would end them

I look at that result as unfinished business. We've had our chances to match or beat that result but for some reason eased up in a few matches rather than killing them off like Southampton did against Sunderland. Koeman encouraged them to keep going.

Spl title as mentioned but if just specifically against H1b5 I'd say we've had utopia unless we win something by beating them again.

Did we not beat them 10-2? As a 33 year old it means as much...

Correct, trumps their 0-7.

5-1 trumped them both though imo.

Would still like to see us giving them a right good rogering on Sunday though.

sunblestjambo

Two moments for me that I can't ever see being topped... Full time whistle in the 98 cup final and the moment Gowser scored on the 19 May.

Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong but can't see it.

Always imagined a scenario in which the top/bottom 6 split is scrapped and we beat them to win the premier league whilst they are condemned to relegation. Even then that would match 5 - 1 for me, not top it.

gorgie rd eh11

They've still got that 7-0

You're not grasping this sailor, they've still got an injury time win over Cowdenbeath so what, when they bring 1973 up it's laughable. It's like when some **** mentions 1986, the year we finished runners up in the Premier league, it's not like we lost at home to a team from a lower division and were relegated, now that would be something worth bringing up for evermore. :beatnik2:

queensferryjambo

Winning the league title in the top flight or a European trophy win are the only things that could top winning the countries top Cup competition - both however are highly unlikely to happen in my lifetime / ever.

IMO beating them 1-0 in a cup final either League or Scottish Cup is bigger than a freak 0-7 random league game victory - only H1b5 fans would disagree with this.

Nothing. It was a one off in terms of the event. It was superb. Something they cannot win. The hope on their part they'd break the duck against us who were racked with financial issues in the background and key players half out the door going into it. And we annialated them. Should've been much more than 5. Excellent day. But I think we showed too much respect in easing up. Football isn't always about that. In that game we should've kept going till he whistle. We eased up on 4 and Rudi got the 5th.

I always approach a derby with a bit of nervousness. 0-8 at Easter Road is one thing I want to see in my lifetime. We don't stop with this squad. We go and go to the whistle.

Always imagined a scenario in which the top/bottom 6 split is scrapped and we beat them to win the premier league whilst they are condemned to relegation. Even then that would match 5 - 1 for me, not top it.

Actually sticking 10 past them would be a good start.

A combination of these two please, 10-0 to win the league and condemn them to relegation.

I'd want more of course but you need enough fingers to cover the gloat

Francis Albert

Two moments for me that I can't ever see being topped... Full time whistle in the 98 cup final and the moment Gowser scored on the 19 May.

Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong but can't see it.

Agreed on 1998. But as a "moment" Craig Beattie's penalty in the semi comes pretty close, in fact may even exceed any single moment of the 19th May. I think we all knew the cup was almost in the bag as he did "the Beattie". The Anfield goal is also a contender as a moment.

In terms of whole matches, the 1998 and 2012 finals are close to equal as the best but 1998 gets my vote.

The 5-1 final is the ultimate victory for me.

I was only 4 going on 5 in 1973 so the 0-7 will never hurt me the way it will older fans. The 0-3 millenium derby and 6-2 are more painful to me.

I don't know if a 7/8 goal win at Fester would top the 5-1 final but it would be nice to have that decision to ponder on Sunday.

Winning the league at Easter Rd but having to score 7 or more goals to nil!! & seeing them relegated at the same time!!!!

grantaitchie8

This might be a controversial one, but I think we've arguably had a better singular 'moment' since...IF we were to break down '5-1' as a series of five individual moments, plus full time and the Sunday parade.

I am talking of course about a certain goal at Anfield.

Anfield was my favourite moment as a jambo. The scenes in the away end when we scored was like nothing I've ever seen or been apart of before, and chances are I won't be again. Mix of euphoria and pure disbelief!

Winning the league.

On the night of THAT cup final, I was happily telling people that only a league title would top it.

Of course winning the Champions League would be the best, but Hearts chances of that went when they never signed a young me up.

Bridge of Djoum

8-0 Hearts will take away any scrap of ''lording over us'' they may think they have.

They are broken now, that result will kill them off for good.

Beating hibs four times last season with a team full of babies is up there with the 5-1

Their gloating of us being in administration spurned us on & then helping them get relegated is most definitely up there.

The 5-1 final is the ultimate victory for me.

I was only 4 going on 5 in 1973 so the 0-7 will never hurt me the way it will older fans. The 0-3 millenium derby and 6-2 are more painful to me.

I don't know if a 7/8 goal win at Fester would top the 5-1 final but it would be nice to have that decision to ponder on Sunday.

0-7 didn't bother me that much. Felt shocking the next day but 7-0 only contributed to that.

Beating them 4-1 a few months later pretty much erased it.

Still annoying though, not downplaying it, and taking 10 off them on Sunday would kill it stone dead.

You like strap ons? Kinky

:rofl:

Winning the top league would top it for me . As for me the 0-7 , that stopped annoying me along time ago.

Winning the Scottish prem on the final day at Easter Road beating them 5-1 needing 4 goals to win on goal difference over Celtic. With the goal of the title win coming from a sparky own goal.

Not to much to ask.

You've given this some thought.

I like it!

Winning the Premiership on the last day of the season, as Celtic (red hot favourites) lose to St Mirren and we win 7-0 at Easter Road.

Archived