Hatton Fight

paulyjambo

Gavsy Van Gaverson
And will be back in his dressing room by about 10pm. Pointless fight.

Not really. Every other boxer is allowed a tune up fight - why isn't Hatton?

Lazcano, although past his best is still a Top 10 ranked fighter.

I expect Hatton to win by the 8th, and go on to beat Paulie Malignaggi (tough as nails, but punches like a girl in boxing terms) in his next fight.

Carl Weathers

He was meant to fight Lazcano before, so this might be tougher than people are expecting.

I hope he leathers Malignaggi when he gets the chance, as he seems like an utter 'sack.

Maybe my wording was a bit harsh, but for someone who talks about ending his career in the near future, it is a step backwards when time is at a premium.

I like Hatton, but he is annoying me now a bit. His blatent avoidance of Junior Witter in particular was a poor move (an easy win and a belt to be had), plus that would have been a big domestic dust up...probably earn him more $$$ than this fight.

Same goes for Malignaggi. An easy fight to make, and would have decent money behind it here or in New York. And another one that he'd win quite comfortably (I think). Malignaggi looks better than he actually is. If Hatton just walked him down and walked through all the flashy pitter-patter of Paulie, he'd beat him quite easily.

Hatton got himself into the elite level quite late, but has had a few fights there now. Lazcano isn't that. Hattons career prior to Kosta Tzyu was his 'tune up' period. He could quite easily have fought Witter and Malignaggi back to back, picked up a couple of belts to re-ignite the interest across the pond in him, then get a re-match with Mayweather (his wish, not particularly something I think he should do).

Just stay away from Cotto.

Carl Weathers
Maybe my wording was a bit harsh, but for someone who talks about ending his career in the near future, it is a step backwards when time is at a premium.

I like Hatton, but he is annoying me now a bit. His blatent avoidance of Junior Witter in particular was a poor move (an easy win and a belt to be had), plus that would have been a big domestic dust up...probably earn him more $$$ than this fight.

Same goes for Malignaggi. An easy fight to make, and would have decent money behind it here or in New York. And another one that he'd win quite comfortably (I think). Malignaggi looks better than he actually is. If Hatton just walked him down and walked through all the flashy pitter-patter of Paulie, he'd beat him quite easily.

Hatton got himself into the elite level quite late, but has had a few fights there now. Lazcano isn't that. Hattons career prior to Kosta Tzyu was his 'tune up' period. He could quite easily have fought Witter and Malignaggi back to back, picked up a couple of belts to re-ignite the interest across the pond in him, then get a re-match with Mayweather (his wish, not particularly something I think he should do).

Just stay away from Cotto.

Witter looked very average in his last fight. Although it's a fight I think he should have made.

Witter Vs Hatton this sat in Manchester is how it should have happened.

Cotto is probably the best in the world at the moment. Margarito is also a bit of an animal. I'd probably like to see Hatton fight those guys but he isn't as good at welterweight.

Witter looked very average in his last fight. Although it's a fight I think he should have made.

Witter Vs Hatton this sat in Manchester is how it should have happened.

Cotto is probably the best in the world at the moment. Margarito is also a bit of an animal. I'd probably like to see Hatton fight those guys but he isn't as good at welterweight.

I agree entirely. I think Hatton began to actually think Witter could be a problem. I've always thought that between the two styles, Hatton would walk Witter down and grind him down to a KO or wide points win.

Kinda proved right a few weeks back as Witter was beaten by a poorer version of Hatton. Witters main problem was getting too caught up with getting a fight with Hatton...lost sight of everything else. That, more than anything, lost him his belt the other week.

Cotto is a machine. I don't think even Mayweather wants a part of him.

Its a bit of a joke that this is a ppv fight, especially considering Lazcano lost to Vivian Harris (who has been utterly washed up for 3 years now) in his last fight...fair enough Hatton having an easy comeback fight, but ppv?? Sky are having a laugh.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Its a bit of a joke that this is a ppv fight, especially considering Lazcano lost to Vivian Harris (who has been utterly washed up for 3 years now) in his last fight...fair enough Hatton having an easy comeback fight, but ppv?? Sky are having a laugh.

Thats my main issue with the fight. It should not be on PPV, it should be on Sky Sports.

That would be a true way to thank all of his fans.

That miguel cotto looks amazing, I'd love to see him fight mayweather, de la hoya or hatton.

He would take all 3 no bother

Gavsy Van Gaverson
That miguel cotto looks amazing, I'd love to see him fight mayweather, de la hoya or hatton.

He would take all 3 no bother

Cotto versus Mayweather is the dream match up at the moment.

If Cotto beats Margarito (I think he will) that would potentially set up a mega fight with Mayweather. This fight would be seen as unifying the welterweight division, as both these fighters would easily wipe out Quintana (WBO champ).

Mayweather v Cotto would be the best fight out there. I don't see it happening though to be honest. I think for both (but especially floyd) it is easy to avoid each other as Mayweather is constantly in a state of retirement until tempted out. I think it would take something pretty special to tempt him into the ring with Cotto, who would be his most dangerous opponent to date.

At the moment Cotto looks like he can take anyone apart. Its just too risky for Mayweather. He can easily have another fight or two (de la hoya and hatton), make about $50mill and happily retire.

vegas-voss
Any predictions for tonight?

I'll say Hatton before the 6th.

Could not give a ****.

Totally fed up with the Hatton band wagon.

vegas-voss

Far far better boxers out there than Hatton but he certainly pulls in the crowds.I think it's more Hatton's interviews and talk that are beginning to **** me off about him.Still blames everthing but his own limited ability for the Mayweather fight.

Carl Weathers

Bookies are offering 125/1 for a Lazcano KO in any round.

:confused:

They're rarely wrong. This could be a washout after all...

To change the subject slightly, I'm baffled as to why Manny Pacquiao fights don't get covered over here. That chap can really fight.

Ibrahim Tall
To change the subject slightly, I'm baffled as to why Manny Pacquiao fights don't get covered over here. That chap can really fight.

Probably the same reason most hardly get shown over here(even Hopkins/Jones Jr etc), or else they fight a British boxer the UK media couldn't give a ****.

Hope he gets a fight organised with Alex Arthur sometime, Pac man would murder him though imo.

vegas-voss

They do his last one was on Setanta

Rawrrrrrrr

SSN had a Lazcano interview earlier and it said all I needed to know about this fight

Absolutly no enthusiasm and totally unconvincing when he said he knew he could win

Clearly a final payday for him and the fact hatton's brother was on the undercard as well as the PPV shows this up as nothing other than a pocketliner for all involved

Ibrahim Tall
SSN had a Lazcano interview earlier and it said all I needed to know about this fight

Absolutly no enthusiasm and totally unconvincing when he said he knew he could win

Clearly a final payday for him and the fact hatton's brother was on the undercard as well as the PPV shows this up as nothing other than a pocketliner for all involved

Mathew Hattons been on the undercard for pretty much all of Rickys fights, the US ones included.

Terrible Trio
k i must have a live thread then if anyone wants it pm me

I've got one, ta ;)

Gavsy Van Gaverson
SSN had a Lazcano interview earlier and it said all I needed to know about this fight*Absolutly no enthusiasm and totally unconvincing when he said he knew he could win*Clearly a final payday for him and the fact hatton's brother was on the undercard as well as the PPV shows this up as nothing other than a pocketliner for all involved

Glad you dinnae have a clue about boxing.

Well done Hatton - tricky fightr.

Archived