Getting to T In The Park

Bindy Badgy

Bindy Badgy

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for getting to and from the festival?

I've had a look at the Citylink website and they are wanting ?40 return which seems a tad excessive.

Megabus will take you to the Kinross park and ride for a hell of a lot less. Does anyone know how much of a trek it is from the park and ride to the campsite?

Cheers

Fork out the cash to citylink, drops you at the door and you get in the party mood drinking on the bus with fellow revellers on the way up!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I always go to Ticket Scotland and buy tickets for the bus. It takes you right into the place and trust me, on the way back the last thing you will want to do is trek around to find a park and ride.

Bindy Badgy

I must of been having a "special" moment when I looked at their webpage this morning:rolleyes:

Sexton Hardcastle

It was only ?15 last year, being taken fora ride here...

not to mention that ?15 return bus broke down just shy of edinburgh. queue 50 smelly dirty hungover people pile into a quite family pub for food and drinks. At least it was good weather !

Rumour has it that Citylink now have set times for the buses, rather than turning up and getting on a bus. Any ideas about the truth in this??

Durdmeister
Rumour has it that Citylink now have set times for the buses, rather than turning up and getting on a bus. Any ideas about the truth in this??

absolutely true! You have to book a time for a bus going and coming back and can only tavel at that time stated! Means i need to book mine soon!

Sooperstar
absolutely true! You have to book a time for a bus going and coming back and can only tavel at that time stated! Means i need to book mine soon!

You always have to book select a time on their website from what I remember, but just get on any bus once at the station. I'm only referring to TITP buses.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
You always have to book select a time on their website from what I remember, but just get on any bus once at the station. I'm only referring to TITP buses.

Is true for TITP buses. They have always asked for a time online, but when you turn up at the station (St Andrews) it is first come first served.

You had better be prepared to queue. It is always heaving.

Sooperstar
Is true for TITP buses. They have always asked for a time online, but when you turn up at the station (St Andrews) it is first come first served.

You had better be prepared to queue. It is always heaving.

Aye, always been that way.

I'll be heading up for the first bus at 7. Usually go up a bit later than that, 10/11ish and have never had to Q for more than 30 minutes.

But with the campsite being open on the Thursday I want to get there early and get a good space. Plus I enjoy drinking at ridiculous times in the morning.

You getting the bus or are you with Chippy?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Aye, always been that way.

I'll be heading up for the first bus at 7. Usually go up a bit later than that, 10/11ish and have never had to Q for more than 30 minutes.

But with the campsite being open on the Thursday I want to get there early and get a good space. Plus I enjoy drinking at ridiculous times in the morning.

You getting the bus or are you with Chippy?

I'm getting a lift up from Chippy.

BoJack Horseman

Last year we got a big group and hired our own coach there and back. It was convenient because we didn't have to trek to the station to get it, but it only took us as far as the drop off point, which is a lot further away than the citylink drop off point. Whether that was the drivers fault, we're not sure. Doing the same again this year though.

Disco Dave
I'm getting a lift up from Chippy.

Aye, nae worries for us to find a good spot to camp for the posh boys Gavsy eh!

Whatever you do, get there as soon as possible. Otherwise you end up in over 8 hours of traffic (honestly not exaggerating).

Pretty sure I went Citylink last year, went on the 4th bus. Had my tent sent up before 1pm. Mates of my mums who went last year arrived within 10 miles of the area around 1pm, didn't get in until around midnight. That's just how mad it can get.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Aye, nae worries for us to find a good spot to camp for the posh boys Gavsy eh!

None at all mate. Well not when you are staying in one of these beauties.

pic_product_myhab.jpg

It may be gay, but I don't care!

:)

BoJack Horseman
None at all mate. Well not when you are staying in one of these beauties.

pic_product_myhab.jpg

It may be gay, but I don't care!

What the hell is that? I'll be staying in one of these...

36-3409756A67UC318915X.jpg

Very hetero.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

36-3409756A67UC318915X.jpg

Very hetero.

It is a myhab (http://www.myhab.com). There are a few of us staying in them.

They are on the Campsite, the area they are in his its own separate showers, toilets etc - which is the main reason for us getting them. I ain't crapping in some **** infested portaloo again - I want a clean one.

Sooperstar

It's a glorified cardboard box mate!

And it's costing these fools about ?100 each to sleep in it.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I hope some drunken weegie in a sellick tap knifes your tent.

Pffft.

BoJack Horseman

Looks decent, but not for a ton. Imagine the extra booze you could get for that. My tent will cost me ?7.99 and no more.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Looks decent, but not for a ton. Imagine the extra booze you could get for that. My tent will cost me ?7.99 and no more.

I'll quite happily pay the extra money for a comfy kip on a mattress. I still only expect to sleep for a couple of hours per night but at least it will be comfortable and won't have drunken arseholes falling through your tent at 7am.

Plus, as we won't have to take anything up with us except for clothes, I'll be able to carry more bevvy with me :)

Adi Dassler

Call them what you want.

Waterproof, windproof, mattress, pillow, clean toilets, clean showers.

That'll ding dang do for me.

Even at ?137.

hughesie27

Has your tent ever blown away, Nikki? Ever come back at night to find your stuff swimming inside?

http://www.myhab.com/

Watch the video. I'll sell you my big cardboard box to put over your head for ?50 if you want?

I'll even let you personalise it with some cool crazy characters ©

Adi Dassler
Has your tent ever blown away, Nikki? Ever come back at night to find your stuff swimming inside?

http://www.myhab.com/

Watch the video. I'll sell you my big cardboard box to put over your head for ?50 if you want?

I'll even let you personalise it with some cool crazy characters ©

You'll know all about it if it's as wet, cold and damp as last year.

Doesnae matter how secure your tent is, the damp will seep in through the ground, the cold will get into your bones and you'll probably get covered in sh** going for a Lilian Gish at 5am.

Enjoy your first T in the Park Zeke.

;)

hughesie27

As things have been this year it will be a scorcher this year.

Get it round yi. Hows the newly painted fence by the way.

Archived