Why is there a universe?

Ortarkod

Why isn't there just nothing? Where did the material in the Big Bang come from? What created it? How did a whole universe's worth of stuff just appear from nowhere?

I'm confused.

Simple folk like us (99.9999% of Humans) will never truly understand or be able to comprehend the answers to these questions.

It's only the elite tier of physicists, gifted with incredible minds who can really understand the laws and origin of the universe.

You can certainly admire the universe and the presentations physicists give, but there's really no point trying to understand it, as very few people can.

As for religious folk who can't comprehend it, they tend to go with the "God did it" approach. Quite laughable really.

Simple folk like us (99.9999% of Humans) will never truly understand or be able to comprehend the answers to these questions.

It's only the elite tier of physicists, gifted with incredible minds who can really understand the laws and origin of the universe.

You can certainly admire the universe and the presentations physicists give, but there's really no point trying to understand it, as very few people can.

As for religious folk who can't comprehend it, they tend to go with the "God did it" approach. Quite laughable really.

They don't know, though. All they know about time and space and all of it only applies to our universe since the Big Bang. We don't have a ******* clue what there was before.

How would your argue against this with people who believe this 100%?

There are lots (more than lots, but let's keep it simple) of alternate realities that don't/didnt lead to an existence.

How old is the universe?

15 billion years. But how the **** did all the stuff that exploded in the Big Bang get there? Has that stuff been around for infinity? How did it get made?

Very clever and intelligent Humans have created and invented magnificent things (to us anyway) but I dont think the human brain is meant to fully understand or even meant to know how we all came about and universes for that matter.

We go about our lives without thinking about this most of the time but when you see photos or footage of planet earth as a ball floating about literally in no mans land , it can be a little disconcerting.

You'd go mental thinking about it too much.

Something cannot be created from nothing. Something cannot become nothing. There ye go.

No one said it was created from nothing. That's a straw-man arguement. The theory states there was heat and energy in a singularity from which the expansion began.

Better call Saul

Inner or outer?

Outer !!! I thought inner space was a film about a man getting a jag up the bum causing I wee being to fly around in someones body starring dennis qauid (poor spellin) a young meg ryan and martin short .

Was it GOD?

Which God?

Who made him (her/it/them)?

Who made him/her/it/them who made god?

Why did him/her/it/them not just be God him/her/itself?

Did all the God's club together in a Co-op like thing to create it?

Who chaired the first meeting and where?

Which God took the minutes?

Why did they create Dinosaurs and then kill them off?

Did the Dinosaurs upset God(s) because they didn't worship them and live in constant fear of eternal damnation?

Was it a trial run?

If it was God, why did he send his son to be murdered in the middle east of all places?

Why not China or Europe or Africa?

How did his son find his pals in the middle east had names like John, Mark, Peter, Paul and Luke etc when most folk there are called Muhammad and mustafa etc?

Why did this thread even start in the first place?

Did God(s) put DokratrO up to it?

Why?

Why isn't there just nothing? Where did the material in the Big Bang come from? What created it? How did a whole universe's worth of stuff just appear from nowhere?

I'm confused.

is this all stemming from the fact you didn't know what the old herts badge looked like?

is this all stemming from the fact you didn't know what the old herts badge looked like?

Yes.

And I didn't recognise Beniusas.

And I didn't know 'Tynecastle Stadium' was written on the side of the main stand in big letters.

:sob:

There's a universe because that's what they named it, if they called it the fudbucket, there would be no universe. :)

Yes.

And I didn't recognise Beniusas.

And I didn't know 'Tynecastle Stadium' was written on the side of the main stand in big letters.

:sob:

ha ha! good lad.

How did his son find his pals in the middle east had names like John, Mark, Peter, Paul and Luke etc when most folk there are called Muhammad and mustafa etc?

Islam was started out of Christianity, out of anger and disagreement pretty much. Bit like Protestantism came from Catholicism.

But how the names John , Mark etc... became more Westernised I don't know? Maybe it was a race/culture thing? People forget there is still Christianity in that part of the world despite being now largely Muslim but they are persecuted.

Which is also forgotten by handwringing Westerners.(apologies for going off on another tangent).

Anyway, how did we go from existing to developing different cultures and religions? There must have been something there that made people begin to worship?

Arthur C. Clarke ? 'Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.'

Some questions are just to big to answer dogmatically.

Religions dogmatic approach opens it up to being utterly torn apart by logic.

Stephen Hawkings still explains it better than anyone.

"The Universe is infinitely big and there are infinite realities but there is no explanation that can be conceived as to why Hibs remain the wee team in every reality.......even a cyborg like me can't work that out....Beep Beep Blip Boop".

Islam was started out of Christianity, out of anger and disagreement pretty much. Bit like Protestantism came from Catholicism.op

But how the names John , Mark etc... became more Westernised I don't know? Maybe it was a race/culture thing? People forget there is still Christianity in that part of the world despite being now largely Muslim but they are persecuted.

Which is also forgotten by handwringing Westerners.(apologies for going off on another tangent).

Anyway, how did we go from existing to developing different cultures and religions? There must have been something there that made people begin to worship?

Aye, they're called the sun , the moon and the stars, Pagens.

These names as translated down the years as new languages form I.e. the English language. The ancients of the now middle east spoke Aramiac, so these names would be very different.

I'm confused.

You have far too much time on your hands.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Some good quotes on here so I'll add my own.

"But if you believe that losing puts the pressure on the other team that wins more times, OK, just you keep losing. Keep losing and keep putting all that pressure on to us,"

King of the North

If the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?

Where the universe ends, what begins?

How have Hibs managed to throw away the best opportunity they will ever have to be the big team? - we were in admin, we'd lost a team full of experienced players, we were skint, we were playing kids, we had been deducted points. And they still made an erse of it? That's truly something miraculous. It takes a special and unique level of shiteness to achieve that...

Religion and Science are both the same, tell us things they can't prove, I.e. God and the Big Bang. Both rely on faith.imo

There will be trillions of universes.

Infinite.

How old is the universe?

13.8 billion years.

Where does space end ?

It doesn't.

Guest C00l K1d

I'm still convinced this is all a dream and everything is a figment of my imagination.

Great dream this eh... sitting on my arse on kickback on a friday night.

I could've at least populated the messageboard with Kaley cuoco and the likes but no... boring middle aged men.

:look:

Archived