Gordon Smith

King of the North

King of the North

This has been touched on on another thread, but I reckon it deserves one to itself, especially since that other thread has taken on a life of it's own.

The question is... Since the rioting in Manchester, has Gordon Smith said anything - anything at all?

I cannot think of another country where the head of the FA would have no comment to make at all following scenes like that.

I cannot even think of any previous SFA chiefs who would still be remaining silent.

Why has he said nothing? Where is the media campaign to get him to condemn the scenes of hatred and carnage? How is his position still tenable after such a blatantly obvious refusal to criticise Rangers, even once?

If he has said anything, I have missed it - and if he hasn't, my lack of regard and respect for this man is total. What a farce.

Only a Game

Maybe he's on holiday and hasnt heard yet ?:):):):)

Maybe he got lifted at the game and hasnt been released yet ?:):):):)

Spellczech

The silence is deafening eh?

I used to get slagged by an English mate who felt that all Hearts fans have conspiracy theories - now he accepts that there is just one gripe: that the OF have an unfair advantage in this country. It just takes various different forms. One is that the SFA are seriously hypocritical when it comes to action and inaction.

This has been touched on on another thread, but I reckon it deserves one to itself, especially since that other thread has taken on a life of it's own.

The question is... Since the rioting in Manchester, has Gordon Smith said anything - anything at all?

I cannot think of another country where the head of the FA would have no comment to make at all following scenes like that.

I cannot even think of any previous SFA chiefs who would still be remaining silent.

Why has he said nothing? Where is the media campaign to get him to condemn the scenes of hatred and carnage? How is his position still tenable after such a blatantly obvious refusal to criticise Rangers, even once?

If he has said anything, I have missed it - and if he hasn't, my lack of regard and respect for this man is total. What a farce.

He is the final proof that ex footballers do not make good football administrators.

Maybe that or he's running scared that his beloved Rangers continue to embarrass our game and being one of Murray's b!tches (sorry lap dogs), he can't doanything about it.

As the leading custodian of the whole of Scottish football and it's prime knock-out competition, the mere mention of an offer to move the Scottish Cup Final to a Wednesday night should have led to his immediate resignation.

And that's just 2 of his more recent faux pas.

He came out with BS about the fans "may or may not be attached to the club, but it is disgraceful" etc etc

Only a Game

To be honest he probably doesnt have the administrative power do actually do anything about it, even if he were so minded. It was a UEFA competition he has no jurisdiction over played in a country he has no jurisdiction over.

He's not going to refuse to put Rangers name forward for European competition when UEFA have said they're not taking any action, even although that would be the right thing to do.

But to say nothing for almost a week after the event is a disgrace, and for the press not to have picked up on the fact that he hasnt appeared to even give the mealy mouthed GFA line is a bit suspicious.

Perhaps he's said to them, privately of course. "Dont ask me, I've got nothing constructive or critical to say that I want to be published"

He's following the line that "It was probably English hooligans wearing Rangers shirts".

TW4T.

He's following the line that "It was probably English hooligans wearing Rangers shirts".

TW4T.

You heard that on the news today too. "You can hear the English and Scots voices and see a few Rangers tops in the crowd", now call me cynical but it's like they are trying to insinuate that the trouble is not from Rangers fans but English casuals, without going overboard in the denials.

Smith's just showing his true colours, not light blue though, yellow streak from top to bottom.

Ogi fae Gorgie

You dive in the penalty box and get crucified. You kick the sh@t out of cops and behave like aninmals.....sorry is that you talking Gordon. No didn't think so.

He is the final proof that ex footballers do not make good football administrators.

Maybe that or he's running scared that his beloved Rangers continue to embarrass our game and being one of Murray's b!tches (sorry lap dogs), he can't doanything about it.

As the leading custodian of the whole of Scottish football and it's prime knock-out competition, the mere mention of an offer to move the Scottish Cup Final to a Wednesday night should have led to his immediate resignation.

And that's just 2 of his more recent faux pas.

Gordon Smith has proved to all that since taking the post at the SFA he is nothing but a complete Old Firm @rsehole licking tube and a completely ignorant tw@t of the highest order and as such is perfect for the job that he was appointed.

It is a very sad indictment on the state of our football institution and actually a pretty fair reflection on how many large Scottish institutions are run.

You are thought of more highly if you lie and cheat and sacked if you are stupid enough to tell the truth.

I think that he knows that the majority of us will not like what his views are so he is saying SFA on the matter.Time to get rid of this embarrasement and appoint someone who could remain neutral,John Coulquon(sp)would get my vote ;)

bean counter
You heard that on the news today too. "You can hear the English and Scots voices and see a few Rangers tops in the crowd", now call me cynical but it's like they are trying to insinuate that the trouble is not from Rangers fans but English casuals, without going overboard in the denials.

Smith's just showing his true colours, not light blue though, yellow streak from top to bottom.

This would be the same English Casuals that caused the trouble at the beamback at Ibrox where 17 arrests were made.

Smith is a total puppet and will not speak out even though we have had the prime minister, the first minister and David Taylor all make comment. The head osf the SFA remain silent............... what a joke

colinmaroon

Gordon Smith is becoming more and more visibly the Bigot Brother's minion in the same way the yellow head on a boil reveals the poison inside!!!

And that's me putting it as politely as I can!!!

He is a total disgrace but, as with all hypocrites, he can't see the truth about himself, which is underscored with every disastrous pronouncement and every disastrous silence!!!

RESIGN!!!

Smith did have a few seconds on Sky Sports News a day or two after the trouble.

The usual,'Minority of hooligans... not wanted...punish them...etc'

At no time did he stray from the Murray line.

When Levein complained he was quick and loud in condemnation, publicly supporting the Rangers ref. He has appeared once in my view to condemn trouble.

A Rangers man through and through. Just like Taylor at Uefa.

Both should go! :mad:

coppercrutch

He is a disgrace.

Pat Nevin or Colquhoun would do much better. Only issue is they don't have strong OF allegiances. Which means they will never get the job.

Our country is pathetic sometimes.

alwaysthereinspirit
He is a disgrace.

Pat Nevin or Colquhoun would do much better. Only issue is they don't have strong OF allegiances. Which means they will never get the job.

Our country is pathetic sometimes.

Sometimes? Our association is up there with the worst from Africa and those bribe taking Carribean types.;)

This would be the same English Casuals that caused the trouble at the beamback at Ibrox where 17 arrests were made.

Smith is a total puppet and will not speak out even though we have had the prime minister, the first minister and David Taylor all make comment. The head osf the SFA remain silent............... what a joke

And the same casuals who got Rangers banned from Europe last time they reached a Euro final.

Rangers have at last got the man they want at the head of Scottish footballs premier organisation. You think it was bad when clowns like Ernie Walker and Jim Farry were in charge, you ain't seen nothing yet.

John Findlay

As stated on the other thread. Gordon Smith resign forthwith.

John

Father Tiresias

Gordon Smith

UEFA CUP FINAL

Thursday, 15 May 2008

Scottish Football Association Chief Executive Gordon Smith has slammed the mindless minority who shamed Scotland with their violence after the UEFA Cup Final.

"I absolutely condemn this mindless minority who have so shamed our country with their actions. Tens of thousands of people went to Manchester and behaved impeccably and were wonderful ambassadors for Rangers and Scotland.

"Unfortunately the headlines are all about the people who could not behave and we all hope that they are caught and are made to pay for their foolish and senseless actions."

Not much, but he did speak!!

UEFA CUP FINAL

Thursday, 15 May 2008

Scottish Football Association Chief Executive Gordon Smith has slammed the mindless minority who shamed Scotland with their violence after the UEFA Cup Final.

"I absolutely condemn this mindless minority who have so shamed our country with their actions. Tens of thousands of people went to Manchester and behaved impeccably and were wonderful ambassadors for Rangers and Scotland.

"Unfortunately the headlines are all about the people who could not behave and we all hope that they are caught and are made to pay for their foolish and senseless actions."

King of the North
UEFA CUP FINAL

Thursday, 15 May 2008

Missed that- thanks Chizzy - interesting bit of wordplay though right enough. And no word about any action he intends to take against his beloved hun - which in a just world, there should be.

Missed that- thanks Chizzy - interesting bit of wordplay though right enough. And no word about any action he intends to take against his beloved hun - which in a just world, there should be.

So the good ones were ambassadors for Rangers and the bad ones shamed the country.

Nice one Gordhun.

alwaysthereinspirit
UEFA CUP FINAL

Thursday, 15 May 2008

I dont take kindly to Smith telling me that my country was shamed by these animals. My country had nothing to do with these vermin s cum. The man is a pure knobhead.

Archived