BBC - God Only Knows

Boof

Nope.

Recognised a fair few but there are some that I have no idea who they are.

Brian Wilson being autotuned was ******* painful at the end. Such a voice he had.

Pharell Williams

Emile Sande

Elton John

Lorde

Chris Martin

Brian Wilson (of course)

Florence Welch

Kylie Minogue

Stevie Wonder

A fat bursd on a swing

Jake Bugg?

One Direction

?

Paloma Faith

Chrissie Hynde

?

Dave Grohl

Can't remember his name

Brian Wildon (again, who the hell does he think he is?)

saw this the other night and likewise thought 'who?' at some of the acts. Absolutely awful cover version also.

I P Knightley

Pharell Williams

Emile Sande

Elton John

Lorde

Chris Martin

Brian Wilson (of course)

Florence Welch

Kylie Minogue

Stevie Wonder

A fat bursd on a swing ELIZA CARTHY

NICOLA BENEDETTI -violin

JOOLS HOLLAND

BRIAN MAY

Jake Bugg?

One Direction

?

Paloma Faith

Chrissie Hynde

JAMIE CULLUM

Dave Grohl

Can't remember his name SAM SMITH

Brian Wildon (again, who the hell does he think he is?)

FTFY

Or even Morph

Of course, I would normally have used Rolf Harris as the artist in question but he seems off limits now. Really need to watch it with these ironic 70's references these days...

I P Knightley

Or even Morph

Of course, I would normally have used Rolf Harris as the artist in question but he seems off limits now. Really need to watch it with these ironic 70's references these days...

Rolf featured in the last song murder committed by the BBC, didn't he? When they did over Perfect Day?

Kalamazoo Jambo

I got less than a minute in and had to turn it off. What have they done to the greatest song ever written? :(

All the advert does is highlight how shit and unvaried the BBC's coverage is. The only decent people in it are ones that have been around for decades. Dave Grohl the token Rock artist and Pharrell as close as it gets to hip-hop. Nobody representing hard rock or metal whatsoever but as soon as Download festival comes around idiots like Fern Cotton will be fawning over how great the bands are that never get any daytime coverage any other time of year.

I'm sure I heard the creative director being interviewed on Chris Evans earlier this week and think he'd spent something like a year and a half on 'the project'.

What the flying ****? A year and a ******* half? At MY expense?

Get tae ****. ******* BBC wankers.

In fact not only that, Evans was fawning over it as if it was the greatest thing since unsliced bread, never mind sliced.

I'm sure I heard the creative director being interviewed on Chris Evans earlier this week and think he'd spent something like a year and a half on 'the project'.

What the flying ****? A year and a ******* half? At MY expense?

Get tae ****. ******* BBC wankers.

In fact not only that, Evans was fawning over it as if it was the greatest thing since unsliced bread, never mind sliced.

Nae luck. Cost me nothing.

:verysmug:

Nae luck. Cost me nothing.

:verysmug:

Well me too since my Mrs pays the licence fee...and if she renews it after it's expired, well more fool her. But in my defence I was mid-rant at the time. :D

It?s hard to tell whether those lyrics are directed at us or them. God only knows where the BBC would be without us: the licence fee paying public, or god only knows where we would be without the BBC.

Sexton Hardcastle

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word would have been more apt given the scandal that has been going on at the BBC over the past few decades.

Awful. A simple song and they absolute ruin it with terrible and un-needed orchestration. Perfect Day worked as the simplicity of the song highlighted the various singing styles and the wee vignettes of each artist were also fairly simple. This is just OTT crap - why did they need a tiger to jump on the piano ffs?

If it was meant to be a "look how bloody electic and awesome we are" piece of smugness by the beeb well it's missed it's mark. Damn institution with all it's corruption should be shut down.

Gregory House M.D.

As an auld fart, I don't recognise a fair few of these folk so, in the words of Fat Sally...'Who ARE these people?'

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../god-only-knows

A list of them - in order - would be grand.

Erm, there's a list of them, in order, in the credits. Which came up as soon as I clicked the video/audio or whatever it is.

Erm, there's a list of them, in order, in the credits. Which came up as soon as I clicked the video/audio or whatever it is.

Emmm, yeah. I spotted that today. But not then, hence the question.

Archived