US Police Brutality

Guest C00l K1d

Guest C00l K1d

What the **** are they playing at here?

Seems the lassie gets pulled over for a traffic offence (not wearing her seatbelt i think) and then it all goes to shit because the passenger who's done nothing wrong won't show them his ID.

No wonder the black communities of america have no faith in the police whatsoever.

I thought he said he had handed over ID.

More to the point why were the police so keen to see ID of a passenger? If I was in a car with someone who was pulled over for something what the hell does my identity have to do with anything?

Guest C00l K1d

I thought he had showed them his ID too, but was reading the comments and a lot of them had said he hadn't.

Anyway panning the window in when there's kids in the back is out of order whether he has or hasn't. Not sure if theres ''window panning'' techniques but imagine the glass had went in the bairns eyes, or just cut them up at all.

Thats disgraceful. I hope those officers get hauled in front of IA for that. Whats the need?

tartofmidlothian

IMO police brutality is obscene and unforgivable, cops are there to protect and to serve after all.

But context is needed in all cases like this, and the full story. Watching that video it looks to me like it's the guy in the passenger seat they clearly want to arrest and that he's refusing to get out. Could be trumped up because he set up cheek? Or could be that he is or fits the description of someone dangerous with a warrant on them?

That yellow thing's a taser by the way, you can see they cop unhooking it before they take him away.

tartofmidlothian

Not to mention the use of a tazer against someone who has showed no violence or threat of it.

Beat my slow ass replying to it.

There is a rubbish Vinnie Jones thing about American police on just now and they have just said that the manufacturers of tazers have said that there were 170k uses of them in the US last year.

Police weapons were drawn when a left hand was dropped and entered the centre console. Understandable.

The passengers repeatedly ignoring requests to exit the vehicle.

Unsure how many times they expect to be asked this before they are forced out.

Don't see much wrong here. Folk love to hate the cops though :lol:

All too common, a few awful stories in the below article including the headliner.

'Crawford picked up an air rifle in the store and aimlessly fiddled with it as he spoke on a cell phone to his girlfriend. Unbeknownst to him, police officers Sean Williams and David M. Darkow were on the scene after responding to a call from a man named Ronald Ritchie, who told 9-1-1 a black man was waving a gun and pointing it at children. The full surveillance footage does not match up with that account, and Ritchie has now changed his story. The final two minutes of footage show Crawford being seemingly unaware that police were there, as he chats on his phone. And police in turn gave him no time at all to drop the rifle before shooting. Crawford?s last words?heard over the phone by his girlfriend?were ?It?s not real!?'

http://www.vice.com/read/why-did-a-black-man-get-gunned-down-in-walmart-for-carrying-an-unloaded-air-rifle-929

jamboinglasgow

IMO police brutality is obscene and unforgivable, cops are there to protect and to serve after all.

But context is needed in all cases like this, and the full story. Watching that video it looks to me like it's the guy in the passenger seat they clearly want to arrest and that he's refusing to get out. Could be trumped up because he set up cheek? Or could be that he is or fits the description of someone dangerous with a warrant on them?

That yellow thing's a taser by the way, you can see they cop unhooking it before they take him away.

Thats the problem with videos, it can be a powerful tool to show wrongs, but it can also be put in no context and make people look worse and miss crucial information that changes how it should be viewed.

Certainly it looks bad, that though the guy is being unwilling to hand over ID or get out the vehicle, the smashing of the window and the tazing of the passenger looks excessive and terrible.

Archived