Leaked too early?

pennantjambo

pennantjambo

The concern I have with this story doing the rounds at the moment (and it is just a rumour until its confirmed/denied) is the possibility that it has reached the public domain too early.

I hope not. Why? its been blindingly clear that a manager of strength and quality has been required since Burleys departure, of that i'm sure most Jambo's would agree.

Most threads on the "Mcghee for Hearts" subject in the majority are in favour of such an appointment if true.

So whats the problem with the story leaking now and who was the source?

McGhee has done extremely well this season based on the league table, the team he has put together with what was available to him, and most importantly the way he has conducted himself in the press and media.

We know the potential at this club and we've seen how poor the ugly sisters have been the past two seasons.

McGhee I think will have us challenging the OF and no doubt have us leading the pack of UEFA cup place chasers before the end of the new season without too much difficulty.

I would be surprised and disappointed if a Hearts source did leak this story especially if its true because I would hate to think the thing we crave and need most could be jeopardized as a result.

But clubs who fear a strong Hearts challenge like the one under Burley would have plenty reason for trying to scupper our chances of landing him.

Curious to know if anyone else thinks so.

Rudolf's Mate

Sorry but if you think 86 points is bad (which is what the ugly sister are on) then you are a fool. Not looking to get in a debate but Smeltic should have walked this title despite the fact Rankgers could have also had it done and dusted......

Smeltic have played decent footy but been able to finish off teams despite dominating. Rankgers have been truely awful and I am bewildered as to how they have done so much this season though the fact remains that both are on 86 points!

pennantjambo
Sorry but if you think 86 points is bad (which is what the ugly sister are on) then you are a fool. Not looking to get in a debate but Smeltic should have walked this title despite the fact Rankgers could have also had it done and dusted......

Smeltic have played decent footy but been able to finish off teams despite dominating. Rankgers have been truely awful and I am bewildered as to how they have done so much this season though the fact remains that both are on 86 points!

In season 05/06 celtic finished on 91, Hearts on 74, and rangers on 73 and we secured a CL place.

If you're going to throw stats then here's some back. These facts dont lie, amd merely show what was and can be achieved with the right person in charge.

Only a Game
In season 05/06 celtic finished on 91, Hearts on 74, and rangers on 73 and we secured a CL place.

If you're going to throw stats then here's some back. These facts dont lie, amd merely show what was and can be achieved with the right person in charge.

Not sure what that proves, but I reckon if there are 3 teams with a genuine sustained challenge, then 80-84 points or therabouts might be enough to win it.

I'm sure we could all look at 05/06 and work out where we could have got an extra 10 points from.

tommythejambo
Not sure what that proves, but I reckon if there are 3 teams with a genuine sustained challenge, then 80-84 points or therabouts might be enough to win it.

I'm sure we could all look at 05/06 and work out where we could have got an extra 10 points from.

Just pick a random point after Burley left.

McGhee I think will have us challenging the OF and no doubt have us leading the pack of UEFA cup place chasers before the end of the new season without too much difficulty.

We all know the difficulty McGhee will face and it comes from a higher source within our own club.

For that reason I do not think for one minute that Mark McGhee will be our manager next season. He'll get the freedom of Motherwell after their season and what he's guided them through (Phil O'Donnell, UEFA Cup qualification) and his job is safe there until Strachan gets the bullet at Celtic.

If he comes to Hearts and strings two wins together and becomes even a wee bit popular then Vlad'll bring him crashing back to Earth by picking the team for the next game and sacking him for drinking/womanising/damaging the club*.

* - choose your lie.

lambojambo

Guys - get real!

McGee is NOT coming to Hearts.

This type of leak just keeps the ST sales ticking along! :sad:

walton1983

The players were slightly better too.:)

Archived