Do you think the "Vla-di-mir Romanov" song will ever be heard again?

Maroon Mayhem

Maroon Mayhem

Surely the fans singing Romanov's name tickled his vastly inflated ego, we even did it the day that Burley was binned! Romanov must be smarting after making such a spectacular PR mess of the last few years and he'll no doubt be missing the adulation he received from the fans. (Not to mention the provost letting him sit on that stupid cow :eek:)

Do you think that if he appointed a good manager who delivered results, a good stadium that was being filled frequently and managed the debt, the Vla-di-mir Romanov song would be sung once more?

Surely the fans singing Romanov's name tickled his vastly inflated ego, we even did it the day that Burley was binned! Romanov must be smarting after making such a spectacular PR mess of the last few years and he'll no doubt be missing the adulation he received from the fans. (Not to mention the provost letting him sit on that stupid cow :eek:)

Do you think that if he appointed a good manager who delivered results, a good stadium that was being filled frequently and managed the debt, the Vla-di-mir Romanov song would be sung once more?

aye ofcourse it would. he has the power to make the changes we crave. he does that and we will be greatfull to vlad forever!

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course. As Legend says, football fans are fickle.

Even getting 3rd next year would still mean you'd hear Vlad chants away from home at the very least. Pretty sure I can even recall that happening once this season. Earlier on in the season? Probably talking baws.

jambojim52

Good point tho, If it's us singing his name that gets him off, then he knows how to go about it. Sign a manager, sign a few GOOD players, and keep the F^&k away from the team.

ordinary guy

Not by me....i think inflating this mans ego any further wouldn't do anyone any favours.

alwaysthereinspirit

Yes. The day Mad Vlad leaves we will sing it from the rafters of the still standing old stand.:sad:

Commander Harris

always thought it was a strange chant to be honest, even at the start of the 05/06 season.

How many other owners have had their name chanted at any club?

Jam Tarts 1874
Of course. As Legend says, football fans are fickle.

Even getting 3rd next year would still mean you'd hear Vlad chants away from home at the very least. Pretty sure I can even recall that happening once this season. Earlier on in the season? Probably talking baws.

I think you are right about some fans singing the Romanov thingy this season. I am pretty sure it was when Vlad actually attended the 4-1 win against Aberdeen on 11.11.07. as he was here for the rememberance ceremony.

Craigieboy

If he appoints a good manager then I'd touch him in his 'no place' if he wanted me to, never mind sing a ****ing song!

I agree, we are as fickle as ****!

BoJack Horseman

Only if the second line is "he can **** right off."

ToadKiller Dog

I found myself singing it the other day,but expect it will take a lot of change before its heard on the terraces again,would not say never.

Chad Sexington

It would take a colossal change in behavior and attitude from him.

It would also mean actually delivering on his pledges instead of just making the same ones over and over again.

Highly unlikely...but never say never.

If McGhee does well for us at the start of next season it will no doubt be sung.

only by a few bootlickers.

romanov is hated for the joke hearts have become.

yes we are a joke and it's all down to that clueless muppet.

and he still wants to have a say in team matters, if you believe what others are saying.

IMA MAROON
Yes.

Football fans are fickle ****ers.

Exactly. When the good things start happening again we will all be singing his name. :):):)

marshallschunkychicken

Even if he did miraculously turn it around, I don't think I could ever bring myself to indulge in that song.

Once bitten, twice shy, and all that.... :(

If he appoints a good manager then I'd touch him in his 'no place' if he wanted me to, never mind sing a ****ing song!

I agree, we are as fickle as ****!

sod being fickle. too much pride to sing vladimir romanov.

some fans have no pride in their club or themselves. romanov has harmed our team/players and he should bend down and kiss our feet begging for forgiveness.

The cruckie cookie

Nope.

Just like the "We are unbeatable" song has taken a back seat for some time.

And that's against the B league teams

sod being fickle. too much pride to sing vladimir romanov.

some fans have no pride in their club or themselves. romanov has harmed our team/players and he should bend down and kiss our feet begging for forgiveness.

Well said Mitch, 100% agree.

If we somehow find ourselves top of the table playing good football the song will return. As people have said we are a fickle bunch us football fans.... that does not mean however that everyone will be singing it and that it will be at anywhere near the levels that it was once bellowed out at.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Nucky Thompson

Depends on results:rolleyes: as has been stated numerous times, football fans are fickle. IMO it will be getting belted out next season:)

The only way I'd sing a song to that tune is if "Le Juge" returned - and there's probably more chance of Mixu Paatelainen being signed to bolster our forward line than there is of Julien Brellier making a return.

Francis Albert
that does not mean however that everyone will be singing it and that it will be at anywhere near the levels that it was once bellowed out at.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

... was it ever "bellowed out"? Not often and certainly not for long. Apart from the ridiculous "I believe" fraternity on JKB there was always a healthy scepticism about Vlad.

Only a Game
Nope.

Just like the "We are unbeatable" song has taken a back seat for some time.

And that's against the B league teams

I loved the "We are unbeatable" song. Of course, we werent and we knew deep down we werent, but we had one hell of a good run before it was proved. Top arrogance and it got on other fans nerves. Best ingredients for a good football song IMO

jack D and coke
Not by me....i think inflating this mans ego any further wouldn't do anyone any favours.

Agreed. Don't give him any ideas again. He can turn this aroundbut he needs to keep the **** out of team matters and let a manager manage.

letsmakesomenoise

Sure the Hobos will oblige with "Vladimir Romanov, he s u c k s Paul Hartley off"

No original from me.

We_are_the_Hearts
okay here you go

Vla-di-mir Romanov

you are not good enough

Vla-di-mir Romanov

he ***** wee Miko off ?

Vla-di-mir Romanov

why don't you just **** off ?

Guest JamboRobbo
... was it ever "bellowed out"? Not often and certainly not for long. Apart from the ridiculous "I believe" fraternity on JKB there was always a healthy scepticism about Vlad.

As usual, simply not true, and a sign of someone who wasn't there.

Jam Tarts 1874
The only way I'd sing a song to that tune is if "Le Juge" returned - and there's probably more chance of Mixu Paatelainen being signed to bolster our forward line than there is of Julien Brellier making a return.

Jeezo! Some people really have to learn to let things go! Brellier became a liability on the pitch, he turned down a much improved offer and he was found out and released by Southampton.

Chad Sexington
Jeezo! Some people really have to learn to let things go! Brellier became a liability on the pitch, he turned down a much improved offer and he was found out and released by Southampton.

Agree 100%

Nope not from me,never done it first time round so why should I do it now,bar the fact I won't be there.

Commander Harris

it was often belted out by the vast majority of hearts supporters, both home and away - especially in those early games of 05/06 and to a lesser extent even later on in the season.

always thought it was a strange chant to be honest, even at the start of the 05/06 season.

How many other owners have had their name chanted at any club?

Pieman used to have his name chanted on a regular basis:rolleyes:

Commander Harris
Pieman used to have his name chanted on a regular basis:rolleyes:

fair point :biggrin:

marshallschunkychicken

Norwich, was it not?

Billy the Jambo

Realeased by Southampton that is strange because i thought he signed for Norwich

During our unbeaten run it was sung every week until Burley left. It was sung at it's loudest when Bednar knocked in that header against Rangers, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Archived