Eugenijus Riabovas

dalegee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenijus_Riabovas

Eugenijus Riabovas (born 3 February 1951) is a Lithuanian football manager.

In November 2006 he was briefly attached to Scottish Premier League football club Heart of Midlothian FC, in an advisory capacity.

He has been the manager of A Lyga side FBK Kaunas.

On 14 November 2006 it was announced by Hearts that Riabovas would be the replacement for temporary head coach Eduard Malofeev, but this was later denied and did not take place, with Valdas Ivanauskas returning to take up the position, following a period of illness.

Anyone remember this?

He was supposed to be coming over as manager but, allegedly, Vlad didn't like the fact he shot his mouth off about it and told him to get back to Kaunas.

JR, Valdas was, if not ill, then very close to it. He was a very stressed man just about all of the time and chain smoked as a result, including first thing after a match. The break did him good as he looked a completely different person on his return, from what I've been told.

I doubt Hearts ever wanted to bring him back and only did so as a result of Malofeev's reign and the Riabovas fiasco, but Valdas was ill.

Prince Buaben
I think our website posted him as joining the club. Not sure if he ever actually came over.

I think this is around the same time they were pretending Valdas was ill.

Thought it was more the time when Burley had started?

Guest JamboRobbo
He was supposed to be coming over as manager but, allegedly, Vlad didn't like the fact he shot his mouth off about it and told him to get back to Kaunas.

JR, Valdas was, if not ill, then very close to it. He was a very stressed man just about all of the time and chain smoked as a result, including first thing after a match. The break did him good as he looked a completely different person on his return, from what I've been told.

I doubt Hearts ever wanted to bring him back and only did so as a result of Malofeev's reign and the Riabovas fiasco, but Valdas was ill.

As far as Valdas not being ill, I'm only repeating what Vlad told me and others at meeting with him. Valdas wasn't ill, and he was going to give Malofeev a shot in charge. Valdas return (or not) would be up to Malofeev. There is at least one JKB member who was there also and recently confirmed to me that his recollection is the same as mine.

Not wanting to argue over it, that is just what Vlad told me, to my face (admittedly with Pedro translating, so it was actually Pedro!)

:food-smiley-004:

As far as Valdas not being ill, I'm only repeating what Vlad told me and others at meeting with him. Valdas wasn't ill, and he was going to give Malofeev a shot in charge. Valdas return (or not) would be up to Malofeev. There is at least one JKB member who was there also and recently confirmed to me that his recollection is the same as mine.

Not wanting to argue over it, that is just what Vlad told me, to my face.

:food-smiley-004:

Fair enough. Just passing on what I'd been told by those who worked with Valdas most days.

My best guess would be he probably was ill (or as I said at least very, very stressed), but that wasn't the reason for sending him back to Kaunas only to bring him back.

Guest JamboRobbo
Fair enough. Just passing on what I'd been told by those who worked with Valdas most days.

My best guess would be he probably was ill (or as I said at least very, very stressed), but that wasn't the reason for sending him back to Kaunas only to bring him back.

I think thats probably about right.

Archived