Butchers comment on Setanta

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

When Gary Mason chested the ball off the line by Boyd, for Rangers 4th....

"How ironic, Rangers denied by a mason on the post" :)

made me laugh anyway.

londonjambo

Entirely agree with the sentiment but at the risk of sounding like a PC harpy, this is precisely what is wrong with Scottish football.

We have some shocking appalling scenes of Rangers fans in Manchester not only spreading drunken violence but doing so whilst chanting and singing their vile sectarian nonsense. Everyone (bar a few on here no doubt) condemns it and the broadsheets do the usual "enough is enough" story.

Yet, a few days later, we have a little casual laugh using a little sectarian pun or play-on-words and all of a sudden, that is inoffensive and just a laugh and harmless banter.

But it is all part of the same story - a country which is mired in sectarianism and which, at times, is happy just to have a wee laugh about it. The Daily ****** does this all the time IMHO - have a pop at the bigotds one minute then perpetuate the whole thing by having a wee jokey article the next.

And the really scary (yet utterly predictable) thing ?? Butcher is an SFA employee ...

I should stress I am not having a go at the OP here - I just find the whole situation rather depressing and hopeless.

GC

When Gary Mason chested the ball off the line by Boyd, for Rangers 4th....

"How ironic, Rangers denied by a mason on the post" :)

made me laugh anyway.

don't think he was on the post, more likely to be on the level...

Professor.Arturo
don't think he was on the post, more likely to be on the level...

But he met the ball square :rolleyes:

plumb more like, needed to be at the right angle to see it properly

Entirely agree with the sentiment but at the risk of sounding like a PC harpy, this is precisely what is wrong with Scottish football.

We have some shocking appalling scenes of Rangers fans in Manchester not only spreading drunken violence but doing so whilst chanting and singing their vile sectarian nonsense. Everyone (bar a few on here no doubt) condemns it and the broadsheets do the usual "enough is enough" story.

Yet, a few days later, we have a little casual laugh using a little sectarian pun or play-on-words and all of a sudden, that is inoffensive and just a laugh and harmless banter.

But it is all part of the same story - a country which is mired in sectarianism and which, at times, is happy just to have a wee laugh about it. The Daily ****** does this all the time IMHO - have a pop at the bigotds one minute then perpetuate the whole thing by having a wee jokey article the next.

And the really scary (yet utterly predictable) thing ?? Butcher is an SFA employee ...

I should stress I am not having a go at the OP here - I just find the whole situation rather depressing and hopeless.

GC

How true - the weegia are only too happy to perpetuate the Ach-it's-only-a-wee-joke angle, e.g.Only an Excuse...etc

jambojim52

The signing was once again very clear on the TV, but no-one mentioned it. What a surprise.:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
The signing was once again very clear on the TV, but no-one mentioned it. What a surprise.:rolleyes:

There was also singing.

:)

Jam Tarts 1874

Well, funnily enough the singing was mentioned - by Archie MacPherson. Just as Rangers fans were belting out another "the cry was no surrender", MacPherson commented that it was good to hear the Rangers fans in good voice! :confused:

I had been watching Rangers Champions League games on ITV4 to avoid MacPherson, didn't have a choice for the final though.

Well, funnily enough the singing was mentioned - by Archie MacPherson. Just as Rangers fans were belting out another "the cry was no surrender", MacPherson commented that it was good to hear the Rangers fans in good voice! :confused:

I had been watching Rangers Champions League games on ITV4 to avoid MacPherson, didn't have a choice for the final though.

watched it on ITV1London via sky:)

Anybody here the St. Mirren fans chanting 'Disgrace to Scotland' at the Rangers fans only for the erseholes to sing back 'Rule Brittania'?

That small moment sums them up entirely. Inbred bigotted cretins, the lot of them.

Would love to comment, but i'm afraid i can't...;)

Archived