Hibs and their so-called "amazing" youngsters

ZacBaker

Considering hibs have the best youth system the world has ever seen, interesting that they had ZERO players in the scotland u21's until darren mccormack was called up the other day.

Quite ironic also, that hearts who produce hee-haw - have 2 players in there.

Smashing;)

Ivan Drago

Ah, but look at the amazing careers that Brown, O'Connor, Riordan, Murray, Caldwell etc have carved out for themselves since leaving!!!!

True, but Hibs are hardly claiming their youth system has got worse since they came through?

In fact, quite the opposite, its aparently better now.

Wheres the new zidane already....:eek:

Paulandshark
Considering hibs have the best youth system the world has ever seen, interesting that they had ZERO players in the scotland u21's until darren mccormack was called up the other day.

Smashing;)

Or that we still have a league game to play so our other players were requested not to go with the U-21 squad!

This is yet another myth, along with the flair rubbish.

The root of this is the scotsman for me.

They spout this crap on a weekly basis in the papers, the trolls lap it up.

It is to cover up there inadequacies, such as being the wee team.

jamboinglasgow

Smashing;)

What I say is more interesting is that there are no hibs youngsters in the levels below U19 (think they have one in U19.)

Hearts on the other hand have many players in these levels.

RockyBalboa

Stevenson, McCann, McNeil and Chisholm are usually in the squads but Hibs asked for them not to be included as they are in the squads for our top 6 match Thursday night. If you check the squads there are 0 players there with any chance of getting a match for Celtic, Rangers and the Utd 3rd choice keeper on Thursday night. Fletcher is also now in the top squad.

Im also pretty sure Hibs have finished above Hearts not only in the top league but also in the 21s and the 19s. And nobody said the Hibs youngsters were "amazing" just a lot better than the players (bar Gordon) Hearts have been producing lately.

vegas-voss
Stevenson, McCann, McNeil and Chisholm are usually in the squads but Hibs asked for them not to be included as they are in the squads for our top 6 match Thursday night. If you check the squads there are 0 players there with any chance of getting a match for Celtic, Rangers and the Utd 3rd choice keeper on Thursday night. Fletcher is also now in the top squad.

Im also pretty sure Hibs have finished above Hearts not only in the top league but also in the 21s and the 19s. And nobody said the Hibs youngsters were "amazing" just a lot better than the players (bar Gordon) Hearts have been producing lately.

Still never produced a decent defender though that i can think of.Please don't say Whittaker because everyone knows one thing he can't do is defend.

The Old Tolbooth
Still never produced a decent defender though that i can think of.Please don't say Whittaker because everyone knows one thing he can't do is defend.

Brashy, don't be silly, Hibs don't defend, they only attack, they're the new Brazil didn't you know :rolleyes:

It's interesting when you look at the last 20 years or so that Hearts have produced several top defenders and a potentially world class keeper whilst Hibs have been hopeless at that end of the park. Both clubs have had a couple of midfielders, however in the forward areas it's been completely the other way round with us bringing through some real rubbish and them having a pretty good list in recent times.

Why is that ? Hopefully Glen is going to breakthrough big time but since Scott Crabbe in the early nineties we have had no home grown striker of any quality.

From what I've heard Hibs have little to nothing for the under 17 and under 15 age groups where as Hearts are currently stacked in both these brackets. Add to that our under 19s are hardly lacking in talent and I think we'll see a significant shift in the bringing through the best young talent bragging rights.

RockyBalboa
Brashy, don't be silly, Hibs don't defend, they only attack, they're the new Brazil didn't you know :rolleyes:

Exactly :)

P.S Watch out for young Darren McCormack coming through, the defender who was captain of the 19s and turned down Celtic to stay at us. Also Hanlon and McCann at left back and right back. High hopes for all 3.

Rick Grimes
Ah, but look at the amazing careers that Brown, O'Connor, Riordan, Murray, Caldwell etc have carved out for themselves since leaving!!!!

doesn't matter. Hibs are laughing all the way to the bank on that front.... if we could hype & oversell too i'd be delighted.

John Findlay
doesn't matter. Hibs are laughing all the way to the bank on that front.... if we could hype & oversell too i'd be delighted.

I think you will find we have with the sales of Skacel, Hartley, Gordon and Velicka.

John

Rick Grimes
I think you will find we have with the sales of Skacel, Hartley, Gordon and Velicka.

John

i'd say we got a fair rather than inflated price for all of those, bar Gordon. his fee was again fair, but only by the nonsense that is EPL prices nowadays.

Whatever way you look at it Hibs youth system has been a success recently. Limited investment to return cup success and high transfer fees.

Even if ours is better I don't think the difference is drastic enough that i'd want to brag about it.

walton1983
It's interesting when you look at the last 20 years or so that Hearts have produced several top defenders and a potentially world class keeper whilst Hibs have been hopeless at that end of the park. Both clubs have had a couple of midfielders, however in the forward areas it's been completely the other way round with us bringing through some real rubbish and them having a pretty good list in recent times.

Why is that ? Hopefully Glen is going to breakthrough big time but since Scott Crabbe in the early nineties we have had no home grown striker of any quality.

Good point. Normally when you get a good batch of youngsters coming through it coincides with un upturn in the clubs fortunes (Mackay, Bowman Robertson spring to mind).Strange that Hearts have developed decent central defenders and Hibs forwards.

The Old Tolbooth

P.S Watch out for young Darren McCormack coming through, the defender who was captain of the 19s and turned down Celtic to stay at us. Also Hanlon and McCann at left back and right back. High hopes for all 3.

Ah but wait until Celtic offer real money and a real contract for him instead of a bag o sweets, a view of some puppies, and a fiddle with a priest ;)

skotskosparta

John

John

The sale of the above player only recouped the wages they were given by Vlad and his bank.

But hey, good to see the debt came down with these sales!

No Nonsense

heard good things about McCormack to be fair (possibly the reason you lot let the other lad go to Falkirk), not heard much about the lad Hanlon, however the boy McCann is pretty average IMO. Likes too tackle but that's about it.

Charlie-Brown
Good point. Normally when you get a good batch of youngsters coming through it coincides with un upturn in the clubs fortunes (Mackay, Bowman Robertson spring to mind).Strange that Hearts have developed decent central defenders and Hibs forwards.

That's cos Hibs are the 'flair' team who play football 'the way it's meant to be played' (copyright.) :laugh:

That's cos Hibs are the 'flair' team who play football 'the way it's meant to be played' (copyright.) :laugh:

Not much use though if your defence leaks like a sieve and you have a series of teflon hands in the sticks !

Still, I would love to see Hearts produce a couple of goalscorers for a change.

Charlie-Brown

John Robertson would probably have signed for Hibs if then Chairman Tom Hart hadn't insisted that he must sign right there & then and wouldn't let him talk it over with his big brother Chris (who was at Hearts at the time)....the rest is history..... :)

The cruckie cookie

John

I thought the Velicka's money went to Kaunas?

Since John Park moved from Hibs there are suggestions that things are not going in the right direction with some good quality youngsters being let go while some with lesser ability being kept. There are even suggestions that one of their major contributers might stop funding their youth development.

thee jambo
Ah but wait until Celtic offer real money and a real contract for him instead of a bag o sweets, a view of some puppies, and a fiddle with a priest ;)

So celtic now expect them to play in a folk band aswell as warm the bench.

RockyBalboa

Haha :)

RockyBalboa
heard good things about McCormack to be fair (possibly the reason you lot let the other lad go to Falkirk), not heard much about the lad Hanlon, however the boy McCann is pretty average IMO. Likes too tackle but that's about it.

Hanlons a left back, 18, and has played about 10 top team matches. He looks a prospect. As for McCann, I think JC might have ruined him by playing him out of position all the time. Time will tell, I hope not though.

I think that what has to be recognised here is how fantastic the "Magnificent Seven" have been since leaving Hibs : Murray, Riordan, O'Connor, Caldwell, Brown, Thomson and Whittaker have all had fantastic careers to date, with none whatsoever being a flop, particularly not Murray or Riordan.

Never let it be said that the Hibs youth system is good at producing players who're good enough for Hibs but then get found out when they move up a level. Oh no, no sirree.

Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.

Da Urfs no had shapez An haded dark face, An Ceiling Cat rode invisible bike over teh waterz.

At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz. An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin. An Ceiling Cat sayed light Day An dark no Day. It were FURST!!!1

Makween,

sorry to butt in but what is the phrase from its doing my nuts in!!

I am sure I have read it somewhere before

Cheers

Munki

Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.

Da Urfs no had shapez An haded dark face, An Ceiling Cat rode invisible bike over teh waterz.

At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz. An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin. An Ceiling Cat sayed light Day An dark no Day. It were FURST!!!1

Makween,

sorry to butt in but what is the phrase from its doing my nuts in!!

I am sure I have read it somewhere before

Cheers

Munki

http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

:biggrin:

Archived