• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• neilnunb

• Gregory House M.D.

• jambo191

I think this will be a scrappy 1-0 to us, playing against a flat back XI.

Although I would settle for that I think that playing against a flat back ....... :facepalm: just realiised what you typed.

I'm confident that we will be prepared and fully focused on the task at hand.

Murray will have them fired up for it, however there's only so much a fired up team can do before quality shines through.

Dumbarton 0-5 Heart of Midlothian

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by DG_HMFC

All these games continue to be potential banana skins. We can't afford to take our eye off the ball (literally or metaphorically). A win, convincing or scrappy, would do me just fine.

J.T.F.Robertson

All these games continue to be potential banana skins. We can't afford to take our eye off the ball (literally or metaphorically). A win, convincing or scrappy, would do me just fine.

If Rangers had the system / players we appear to have at the moment, they'd skate this league. It's all about mentality.

Traditionally these are the games we lose 1-0. Although i thought the same about the Raith game. The team just seem to be gelling at the moment but football can be unpredictable and that is part of why we love it.

Confidence and momentum mean alot in Sport and if we can match Dumbarton for graft and aggression then I can see us making it 5 in a row.

Dumbarton 1 Hearts 4

Good morning to all you Jambos, particularly those lucky enough to be going to the game.

Don't know what other exiles think but I believe you get a different perspective when you live thousands of miles away. I look at Hearts with these exciting young players and great signings and I look at Dumbarton. I just can't see a contest. I know that sevco struggled against sides like Forfar bur we're not sevco.

I've gone for 4-0 but if the weather is good I'd like to think that is conservative.

Roll on 2.00am our time.

Any less than 4 I want Robbie oot!!

Hope to see El Hass play. Any updates on Paterson? And a hat trick from our new Spanish midfield maestro.

Btw how good does it feel to be this confident before a game. Not so much 'will we win?' But 'how many we going to score this time?'

I love Hearts.

Excited and heading for DUmbarton today though only got seats in the away end. Important tester today, first game against a team that isn't likely to be a challenger, little bit of added pressure with Rangers pocketing the points last night, little bit more added pressure with the expectations being raised after the opening month BUT Hearts to win 2 zip without hitting the heights is my bet.

It'd be good to dish out a hammering to show Rangers we won't be rattled but any sort of win will do. Just hope the international break hasn't worked against us.

Jambof3tornado

I thought Buaban would be a big miss

and then we signed Pallardo!!!!!

They can treat it like a cup tie but we will still be too strong. Robbie will have us well prepared. Sow double plus an El Hass goal and a couple from Keatings plus one from someone else. 6-1 to us.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm at that funny stage where I'm having to stop myself being overconfident. We are scintillating just now and on paper should split them like a piece of dry lumber... I'll go for a two-nil to is, but I'm actually thinking it should be a bit more than that.

Cardiac Rucksack

The sons fans on pie and bovril seem to think the will go 4-4-2 against us, if they do this we will destroy them 5-0 Hearts.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

My line manager and all round nice bloke is a passionate Dumbarton supporter, and he is quietly confident that they will give us a better game than anyone expects. Not sure if he bases this on blind allegiance to the cause like any passionate supporter would, or if they are better than their league position suggests. Just thought I'd toss that in to the mix, only vaguely relevant to anything. :lol:

If we want to show we are capable of winning the league then this is the type of game we need to win easily. I'm expecting a good display. If we score early it could be a real hammering for them. 3-0 to us.

Jambof3tornado

I expected Raith to look better than they did and it was an eye opener standards wise. Falkirk tried to play football against us and that didnt work. Sitting in against us may work for a while but our possession and short passing will break down anyone in this league.

I'm never this optimistic about a match but we have a very good group of players and for the first time in years we have game changers on the bench.

Cannae fekkin wait.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Im going to put ?10 on Sow first scorer and 6-0 Hearts... hopefully dreams come true

0-7, everyone's a winner. We get three points and some useful goal difference, Murray gets his next hair-art idea sorted. :)

My line manager and all round nice bloke is a passionate Dumbarton supporter, and he is quietly confident that they will give us a better game than anyone expects. Not sure if he bases this on blind allegiance to the cause like any passionate supporter would, or if they are better than their league position suggests. Just thought I'd toss that in to the mix, only vaguely relevant to anything. :lol:

If we don't show this team respect and are over confident then an upset could be on the cards. If the players take the right approach we should win.

Dumbarton are likely to park the bus in front of the goal and it will be a different challenge for the team. Any win away from home is good. I would take 1nil now.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If we don't show this team respect and are over confident then an upset could be on the cards. If the players take the right approach we should win.

Dumbarton are likely to park the bus in front of the goal and it will be a different challenge for the team. Any win away from home is good. I would take 1nil now.

Oh, so would I. I'm actually having to reign in my expectations a wee bit to be honest, as I alluded to above. Three points first and foremost.

If we approach the game in the right manner and attack Dumbarton right from kick off, similar to how we really went at Raith and Falkirk, I can't see anything other than a comprehensive victory. Of course any team can upset the odds but we SHOULD have more than enough in the armoury to dispose of Ian Murray's side today.

Incidentally we should be doing full match commentary on Hearts TV this afternoon. We've checked the facilities and we should be able to share a connection and provide full audio coverage. If there are any technical issues I'll try to update as soon as I can.

Disappointed that my paltry 66 loyalty points mean I can't be there. If we play as well as we have in the last 2 league matches we should win easily, hopefully by at least 3 goals

37-0 or the players need a boot up the erse.

Any win is welcome but GD could play a part in the title race. I dont think we can afford to take the foot off the gas in any games and we now have a squad of players that are all challenging for places. If Sevco score four we score five .

Traditionally these are the games we lose 1-0. Although i thought the same about the Raith game. The team just seem to be gelling at the moment but football can be unpredictable and that is part of why we love it.

Confidence and momentum mean alot in Sport and if we can match Dumbarton for graft and aggression then I can see us making it 5 in a row.

Dumbarton 1 Hearts 4