Top 5 Hearts games you have been to?

jambo in iraq

jambo in iraq

Feeling nostalgic this morning, remembering some of the best games i have been to for many reasons and watching youtube re-runs...

Best 5 games for me have been...

5. Hearts 5 - 1 Hibs (de Vries' 4 goals)

4. Rangers 0 - 3 Rangers (Magic's hat-trick)

3. Hearts 1 - 0 Bayern Munich 1988

2. Hearts 2 - 1 Rangers Scottish Cup Final

1. Hearts 5 - 1 Hibs - That cup final, not sure if that will ever be bettered?

Just missed the cut... 1-0 v Bordeaux away, 4-0 v hibs Scottish cup semi, 3-2 v Vfb Stuttgart (just for what might have been!)

jambo in iraq

Feeling nostalgic this morning, remembering some of the best games i have been to for many reasons and watching youtube re-runs...

Just missed the cut... 1-0 v Bordeaux away, 4-0 v hibs Scottish cup semi, 3-2 v Vfb Stuttgart (just for what might have been!)

5. Hearts 3- 2 Hibs 2006 (Boxing Day)

4. Hearts 4 - 2 Slavia Prague 1991 (Snodin Goal)

3. Hearts 4 - 0 Hibs 2006 (Semi Final)

2. Hearts 2 - 1 Rangers 1998 (Cup Final)

1. Hearts 5 - 1 Hibs 2012 (that game)

Some of my answers could easily change on another day.

Munich game just missed the cut, and I was on holiday for the De Vries game. The Burley derby also just missed the cut.

Also, many of the 86 games, several which would have possibly made it, if I was a year or two older, and appreciated it even more.

Guess The Crowd

5. Aberdeen 0 Hearts 1 Jan 1986.

4. Dundee Utd 0 Hearts 3 Apr 1986

3. Hearts 2 Celtic 1 Apr 2003 (Austin McCann)

2. Hearts 5 Hibs 1 May 2012

1. Hearts 2 Rangers 1 May 1998

5. Hearts 4 - 2 Rangers

4. Hibs 1 - 2 Hearts. Foster

3. Hearts 1 - 0 Bayern Munich

1. Hearts 5 - 1 Hibs

Other favourites: 2-0 at Easter Road, Colquhoun double. 02/04/06. Beattie semi. Skacel at St Mirren. Beating Rangers at Tynecastle and believing. Aberdeen semi in 96.

Could go on forever. :)

IgnatiusReilly

5. Dundee utd 0 hearts 3 1986

4. Hibs 0 hearts 4 2006 semi

3. Hibs 0 hearts 3 1990 post takeover game

2. Hibs 1 hearts 5 2012 Cup final

1. Hearts v Rangers 1998 cup final

It is a very difficult choice to make but my quick thoughts are.......

1. Rangers 1 v Hearts 2 - Scottish Cup Final

2. Hibs 0 v Hearts 4 - Scottish Cup Semi

3 Hearts 2 v Celtic 1 - Scottish Cup Semi

4. Hibs 1 v Hearts 5 - That Final

5. Motherwell 1 v Hearts 2 - Texaco Cup

Others v Wolves away - Texaco Cup Final , v Basel away Euro , v Braga away Euro, Aberdeen away 70 / 80's

Too many

In no particular order, but all special.

Fozzy on the fence

Stuttgart at Tynie

4-0 Hibs at Hampden

Quitongo against Celtic

1998 cup final

(5-1 too easy)

(Was on a school trip the night of Bayern game)

:sob:

5. Stampy easter road

4. Beattie hampden

3. Hartley hat trick hampden

2. 5-1 unreal

1. 98, best day of my life shared with my old man.

5. 2-1 Hearts Hibs Phil Stamp game

4. Hearts Rangers 1-0 the day I thought we'd win the league

3. 2-1 Hearts Celtic 2-1 Beattie semi

2. Hearts Hibs 4-0 Hartley semi

1. Hearts Hibs 5-1 19.05.12

I was a wee bit too young to really appreciate 98 and what it meant to every one.

chester copperpot

Too many to mention, but will try anyway.

1. Hearts 5 - 1 Hibernian SC Final 2012

2. Rangers 1 - 2 Hearts SC Final 1998

3. Hearts 1 - 1 Gretna SC Final 2006 (took my 4yr old to his first cup final, so kinda has special appeal for me)

4. Hearts 4 - 0 Hibernian 2006 SC Semi Final

5. Hearts 1 - 0 Bayern Munich Uefa Cup 1989

This list could change, as I didn't include the Foster on the fence game, the happy new Weir game, and there's been numerous other enjoyable victories at the Echodome, however they stick out best.

5. Hearts 7 - Dunfermline 1

4. Hearts 3 - Braga 1

3. Hearts 1 - Gretna 1 (2006 cup final - my first final)

2. Celtic 1 - Hearts 2 (2012)

1. Hearts 5 - Hibs 1 (2012)

Was going to add the Tottenham away game in Europe and a few derbies - Stevo in the league cup, relegation derby etc - or a few games against Rangers (4-2) or Celtic (2-0 when it bounced off Mastorivic's back and in).

7-1 is in there purely because we scored 7. Didn't have a season ticket then, just got taken to the odd few games with my dad. Dunfermline felt like a let down to get taken to. But to see us score 7 in one game burst my mind a bit as a kid.

Chad Sexington

4-0 Semi final.

Bayern 1-0

3-0 at the piggery after the Mercer takeover bid.

3-0 Tannadice 86

Gretna 2006. Purely because it's the only cup I saw us win in the flesh. I was out the country for 98 and the 5-1 :(

Leipzig 1976 - 5-1

Dundee Utd 1986 - 3-0

Bayern Munich 1989 - 1-0

Hibs 2006 - 4-0

Hibs 2012 - 5-1

And if I can have one more 1-1 against Liverpool at Anfield in 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happily there are a lot to choose from now but for the older supporters Dundee United 5 - Hearts 6 in 1968 is a must.

Inspired to watch the highlights again and how that team never won anything is beyond belief, maybe thats the difference between then and now when I think todays Hearts always have a chance of a trophy in the sixties we were a long way off but with a very good team.

My top 5 will be a bit different. I'll catergorise mine in to favourite derby, favourite OF game, favourite category B game, favourite cup game and favourite euro game.

1. Hearts 5-1 Hibs 2012 - hard not to put anything else. Any game we beat them is fantastic but I'll never forget my first derby, 2-1 win at ER in 2002 when Pressley scored a late penalty to win it. Other favourites include 4-0 at Hampden in 2006, 2-1 at ER 2010, 2-1 at ER in 2014 and 1-0 at ER 2013.

2. Hearts 2-1 Celtic 2003. I'd only recently started attending games and had been at the 4-1 drubbing earlier in the season (we were 4-0 down at half time and I persuaded my dad to stay til near the end, we left literally a minute or 2 early and missed Hearts only goal) so to see us beat them and ruin their title hopes was brilliant. Especially in the circumstances we won it. I spent weeks trying to recreate that goal with mates.

Other memorable ones were beating Rangers 2-1 at Ibrox (only time I've seen us beat the OF away) beating them 1-0 in 2011 when Stevenson scored and we dared to dream and the 2-1 win in Csaba's first season. I've seen us beat Celtic a few times but they're not really memorable.

3. Hearts 3-0 Dundee United 2009. The atmosphere was just brilliant, after a 2 year absence from Europe we turned up expectant or returning and it just felt like a special day. Other favourites was the 5-2 against St Mirren in 2012, 5-0 vs Aberdeen 2010, 3-0 Dundee United at Tannadice in 2012.

4. Hearts 2-1 Celtic 2012. Kept it seperate from OF category. Could select any game from that cup run but this has to be my favourite by a country mile. In many ways, like 2006 this was our final. I had no hope of us getting a result, especially when Hooper equalised.

5. Hearts 2-0 Dinamo Zagreb 2009. First euro game at Tynie for me, and first for the club since Bordeaux. Great atmosphere and great performance. Damage was already done and Dinamo were a quality side but we gave it our all, got 2 goals back, hit the crossbar and came close on a few other occasions. On another night, we may easily have made the best European comeback from a Scottish side ever.

5.Hearts 1 - 0 Aberdeen ( Fysass singing La La La )

4.Braga 2 - 2 Hearts ( my only euro trip, what a week )

3.Hearts 2 - 1 Rangers ( 98 final, no more years of hurt )

2.Hearts 4 - 0 Hibs ( Hartley hat trick )

1.Hearts 5 - 1 Hibs ( the game that finished them )

1- Cup final v Rangers 1998

2- THE final 2012

3- 3-2 v Hibs Robbo's first goals 1983

4- 4-0 semi 2006

5- 1-0 v Airdrie(Frank Liddel)1980 to win league and get promoted,the first taste of success I had as a Jambo.

chester copperpot

Anyone getting a wee bit nostaligic over our Munich victory can watch all the Uefa goals on this youtube clip.

5. Aberdeen 1-4 Hearts. Sure we were 1-0 down at HT aswell.

4. Hearts 4-4 Hibs. Simply for that last 2 mins!

3. Hearts 1-0 Bayern. What else can I say.

2. Hearts 5-1 Hibs. Nothing like demolishing your local rivals in a cup final.

1. Hearts 2-1 Rangers. Tears of joy.

Special mention also to the Hearts 2-1 Celtic game with McCann scoring that peach in the last minute.

Completely off topic but how are things in Iraq? I did wonder if you were ok when the Islamic State situation escalated.

Anyway, back to the question. Plenty to choose from...

Aberdeen at home in 98 when Naysmith scored the screamer. We had such a well balanced team.

Bordeaux away. My first European trip.

5-1 Cup Final. Don't think I'll ever enjoy a match so much. We were cruising from the 15th minute.

4-4. Quite simply because I'll never see a game like it.

4-1 under Rix. It really should have been ten.

I omitted the 98 cup final as I was a bag of nerves for most of the game. Plus my higher chemistry exam on the Monday ruined the celebrations.

King of the North

5. Can't remember the year, but in at 5 has to be the Jose quitongo game against Celtic. The whole ground shook.

4. 1997 LC final. Weird to include a defeat here, but absolutely loved that game. The hearts end at half time, having scored two to bring it back to 2 each, was amazing, the best atmosphere I have ever seen or heard. We really felt that the trophy drought was about to end, and we were playing an outrageously strong hun team off the park.

3. 1997 Hibs 0 Hearts 4. An often overlooked absolute humping at new year at their place. Possible the drunkest I have ever been at a game.

2. 5-1. Nuff said.

1. 1998 sc final. 2-1 v der hun. Eclipses 5-1 because I was 25 and beginning to believe I would never see us win anything. The emotion that day blew every other game out of the water. I cried like a baby from about 4.40 until nearly 5.15. Incredible.

5. Bayern 1-0

4. Hibs, Easter Road, Mercer game 3-0

3. Hibs, Semi Final 4-0

2. Hibs , Final 5-1

1. Rangers, Final 2-1. The day everything changed and the emotions took over

grantaitchie8

5. Hearts 1-0 Aberdeen - Tynecastle was absolutely rocking that night, amazing atmosphere!

4. Hearts 4-0 Hibs - Semi final, they actually thought they had a chance that day!

3. Hearts 5-1 Hibs - Only reason it's this far down is because it was over with 40 mins to go. Still one of the best days out we'll ever have though.

2. Hearts 2-1 Celtic - Semi final again, trumps the final because of the way it happened. Last minute penalty right after they've scored? Couldn't make it up!

1. Liverpool 1-1 Hearts - I've never experienced anything like this, especially after we scored. Just scenes! Pure euphoria and disbelief as we silenced Anfield.

5. 76 cup final, I know we lost but it's my first memory of a real big game.

4. 2012 semi final.

3. Derek o'conner at Easter road. "Frankie Say"

2. 2012 final.

1. By a distance it has to be 1998 final. The day it made being a hearts fan all worthwhile and then seeing my auld man walking along gorgie waving a hearts flag, proud a punch, amazing.

Regal Kingston

Hearts 5 Hibs 1 (2012)

Hearts 5 Hibs 1 (2002)

Hearts 1 Bayern Munich 0 (1989)

Hearts 5 St. Mirren 2 (2011)

Hearts 4 Hibs 0 (2006 SF)

5-1 Final

2-1 98 Final

4-0 Semi Final

4-4 draw

3-0 Dundee Utd away 86

I want another five !!

And they would be ;-

Leipzig 5-1

Bayern 1-0

Fozzie 2-1

Robbo 83 3-2

Hibs 73 4-1

Counldn't get time off work for the Devries 5-1 game or that would have been in there.

Good question OP

The 3 Cup wins, the 4-3 defeat to Rangers in 96 League Cup final and the 3-2 derby win in 83 as featured on JKB this week.

Close are the 3-0 win at Tannadice to put us within touching distance of league in 86 and a near perfect performance in 89 or thereabouts beating Dundee Utd 4-1 at Tynecastle.

Matthew Le Tissier

5. Obua vs Hibs

4. 1-0 vs Rangers 10-11 thought we could actually challenge for the league

3. 2-1 vs Rangers Osman Sow

2. 1-0 vs hibs Stevenson screamer

1. 5-1 vs hibs utter domination

5-1 cup final

2-1 1998 cup final

4-0 cup semi 2006

5-1 mark de vries

4-0 in 2005, rudi pointing the vermin to the exits l.o.l

1. Hearts 5-1 H1b5 19.05.12

2. Basel 1-2 Hearts 25.11.04

3. Braga 2-2 Hearts 30.9.04

4. Hearts 2-1 Rangers 16.05.98

5. Hearts 5-1 Hibs 11.8.02?

Snake Plissken

1. Scottish Cup Final 1998, Hearts 2-1 Rangers

2. Scottish Cup Final 2006, Hearts 1-1 Gretna (4-2 on penalties)

3. Scottish Cup Semi-Final 2006, Hearts 4-0 Hibs

4. Scottish Premier League, January 2011, Hearts 1-0 Hibs

5. Scottish Premier League, April 2006, Hearts 1-0 Aberdeen

Seeing us win a cup will always rank highly, alas I was thousands of miles away in 2012 :sob:

1. 5-1

2. 98 final

3. 4-0 semi

4. 2-1 semi v Celtic

5. Anfield

Looking back at Anfield it is gutting that we lost that last minute goal. But to go compete with one of Europe's largest clubs at a full Anfield and go out to a last minute goal by one of the worlds most expensive players is a bit surreal

Stupid Sexy Flanders

1. 5-1

2. 98 final

3. 4-0 semi

4. 2-1 semi v Celtic

5. Anfield

Looking back at Anfield it is gutting that we lost that last minute goal. But to go compete with one of Europe's largest clubs at a full Anfield and go out to a last minute goal by one of the worlds most expensive players is a bit surreal

You saved me posting, think my five are the same as yours! :lol:

I'd try to squeeze in the 4-4 derby, the Aberdeen game where we clinched second, the Calum Paterson derby last season & Ibrox from this season.

1998 final

2012 final

2006 final

2012 semi

2006 semi

It's way too obvious a list, though. All in Glasgow. I'm actually wondering if the two derbies at the tail end of last season didn't give me more pleasure than the 5-1. Should really give myself a shake.

1. 5-1 final

2. Anfield. Even though we lost the late goal, the celebrations for Temps' goal were incredible.

3. Aberdeen game to finish 2nd and champions league.

4. Beattie semi final.

5. 4-0 Semi final or 2-1 Sow.

Hard to pick a top 5, so many great games I've been to. The 'relegation party', Rudi 3-1, Obua 2-1 and Stevenson 1-0 last season could also have been up there.

loveofthegame

So so hard but if I had to pick (in no particular order):

2-1 Scottish cup 1998

5-1 Scottish cup 2012

2-1 v Celtic semi final 2012

2-1 v Basel

4-0 Scottish cup semi 2006

Gregory House M.D.

1. Hearts 2-1 Celtic 2012

2. Hearts 5-1 Hibs 2012

3. Hearts 4-0 Hibs 2006

4. Hearts 1-1 Gretna 2006

Too much to choose from for a 5th.

Wasn't there in 98 :sob:

All mine have been mentioned bar the 3-1 v Celtic at Tynecastle late 91. 1 nil down, 20 minutes to go when Henry Smith pulls off a wonder save. Levein, George Wright and Scott Crabbe in the space of 10 minutes grab the points. Stunning second half performance, Crabbe running to the corner kissing his badge at the third was a hair on the back of the neck moment.

Archived