Buying 50cc moped

92jambo

I need some help buying a moped it has to be 50cc

does anyone have any previous experience or know to buy one?

any help would be great!

If you park it within 1 mile of Niddrie or Gracemount, make sure it is insured.

I drove one when i was younger. TBH, it's mostly neds that drive them about, but i fancied one anyway. They're an absolute bomb to insure, and buy. Great fun to fire about on, especially in summer.

I got mine from Carrick, down Leith Links, brand new. Used it for a year and then sold it on for roughly the same price. The wee fellow was de-restricted and hit 55MPH nicely, happy days!

Probably best buying some kind of bike magazine that'll give you the info. You'll need to get training and pass a basic test before you're allowed on the road (at least tthat's the case for bigger bikes).

As for buying one...remember you'll only be keeping it for a year - assuming you want to upgrade when you turn 17.

Bike shops should be happy to deal with you if you appear to be serious enough about getting one - they ought not to alienate someone who could be a customer for life.

Go for it and happy biking :)

Yeah, you'll need to sit your CBT (Compulsory Basic Training). It's basically a day spent down at Seafield, learning how to drive a moped. Firstly you're on their track, then on the road. Once they deem you to be at a certain standard you'll drive home.

MackaysCentreSpot

You don?t need to take any further tests if you have a full UK driving licence taken before 1st February 2001 to drive a 50cc moped. Otherwise you will need to take a CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) test.

Holders of a full UK driving licence also do not need to have 'L' plates.

Full UK driving licence before 1st Feb 2001 - do not need to sit CBT.

Full UK driving licence after 1st Feb 2001 - you have to sit a CBT.

So simply 92 jambo you will have to sit a CBT.

Era Macaroons
You don’t need to take any further tests if you have a full UK driving licence taken before 1st February 2001 to drive a 50cc moped. Otherwise you will need to take a CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) test.

Holders of a full UK driving licence also do not need to have 'L' plates.

Full UK driving licence before 1st Feb 2001 - do not need to sit CBT.

Full UK driving licence after 1st Feb 2001 - you have to sit a CBT.

So simply 92 jambo you will have to sit a CBT.

what about 125 CC?

OP....scooters = heaven in summer,hell in winter.....and our winters seem to run for 8 months!

also I would buy from a dealer rather than 2nd hand which will be wrecked

Archived