Billy King gets Scotland U21 call up

McCrae

He has been excellent recently and that is fully deserved. He is playing with so much confidence and is really cementing his place in that starting 11. Chuffed for the lad :)

Gene Parmesan

Could not be more deserved.

While Billy maybe doesn't have the innate talent Sam Nicholson has, I think he's actually more dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if he has more assists and goals to his name come May.

Great! That will be him crocked :(

It's a worry as we would not want to lose him but it's great for his development and confidence which again is great for Hearts.

Fingers crossed for him.

GL Billy.

I thought Billy Stark was a moron...........

I still do.

Is there a reason Adam King isn't on the squad?

(injured, age?)

Broxburn Jambo

I still do.

Is there a reason Adam King isn't on the squad?z

(injured, age?)

not age he is Billys younger brother

Shows what you can do if you get an opportunity and really work at grabbing it. He was a filler player for most of last season and one I fully expected would revert to the second team once we were able to bring in more experienced players. But he really came onto a game towards the end of last season and has kicked on again this season. Fully deserving of his place in our team and now a Scotland call up to put the icing on the cake.

grantaitchie8

Just think, those 4, plus Holt, McHattie, Walker and Paterson have all been called up previously. And I'm not sure if he'd be eligible, but he's only 2 months older than Armstrong, Keatings would surely be worth a call up too. Promising times.

Well done. Billy was outstanding against Raith and took his goals well yesterday lovely movement for his 2nd.

jamboinglasgow

I thought Billy Stark was a moron...........

He is, has underachieved with the talent he has had available.

letsalldothebeattie

Well deserved call up for Billy. The boy has had a cracking start to the season. Tore Raith apart last week and was in fine form again on Saturday. Long may it continue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic bit of news for the lad. Completely deserved. Great to see his efforts have been rewarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Billy has been our best player this season.

Agreed. Looks like we kept the right brother.

Fantastic news for the lad, really well deserved. Nice to see 4 Jambos in the squad, and would no doubt have been 5 if CP was fit.

Posters saying we kept the right brother...seriously? Billy is decent but is playing in the Scottish Championship while Adam is 18 and in the first team squad for an EPL side. Adam's development at Hearts was stunted due to the previous management teams reluctance to drop Jamie Hamill or he would have shown how good he was.

Oh, and well done Billy, pleased for Joe, Lisa and the family who have given so much of their lives to the boys football

Both lads have great potential and IMO billy will play in the epl in a few seasons time ... Adam left for his own reasons and hopefully will break through in years to come , billy will get there choosing a different path , shelling a hefty figure onto hearts bank account

jamboinglasgow

Posters saying we kept the right brother...seriously? Billy is decent but is playing in the Scottish Championship while Adam is 18 and in the first team squad for an EPL side. Adam's development at Hearts was stunted due to the previous management teams reluctance to drop Jamie Hamill or he would have shown how good he was.

I cant understand why we sold him last season, but still wish we could have had him for a few more years, would thrive in this team. But the fact he made the bench on the last game of the season for Swansea shows that the manager must rate him long term.

Adam also travelled to the States with the Swansea first team for their pre season. Very much in the picture down there, possibly due to a Manager who has faith in him.

grantaitchie8

People claiming we kept the right brother :facepalm:

Can't we just recognise Billy's form without having to comment on Adam?

Archived