Classic match

Denny Crane

Still vividly recall an announcement on the telly that the 2nd half would be live on the radio so i ran upstairs to listen to it!!

I can also still vividly recall giving it tight to an Aberdeen fan called Gary Bartram at school the next day!!

Goldstone Wonder

"With their unchanged team grasping seven points from four games, Hearts had cause to regret fluffed results at Motherwell and Clydebank."

Understatement of the Century!

This was pretty much the beginning of my love affair with Hearts. It was the first game I went to that season, a month into my university degree. I'd seen us play a few times before on family holidays to Edinburgh but I caught the bug at this game.

Didn't miss too many games that season after this. What a season.

alwaysthereinspirit

The Smith save they mention in the story was one of the best saves ever. I was right behind the school end goal. Great save from about 6 yards, one handed, down low at the post.

kingdannyb

"the whole team played with a purpose, zest and ability"

when was the last time you could say that about the current load of buffoons ?

Rudolf's Mate
The Smith save they mention in the story was one of the best saves ever. I was right behind the school end goal. Great save from about 6 yards, one handed, down low at the post.

Me too. I was only about 3 steps up on the terracing. What a team we had!

I also recall our last game or last game at home was against them which I think we drew? Or am I wrong???

That was the only game I missed all season. I had to come down to England to house hunt that weekend. A couple of weeks later I'd moved south and drove up every weekend for the match till the end of the season. I thought I'd only be here for a couple of years. Not sure I'd have moved if I thought it was for 22 bloody years.

Archived