What happened to McGhee and Keatings?

tartofmidlothian

Wasn't following the game. Injured? Precautionary?

Minor knocks according to Barry Andersons tweet.

The People's Chimp

Few players seemed to be having trouble with the plastic pitch.

Really? The same type they train on at times?

I thought it was more the stenny players booting them but then it's all about perceptions.

I thought McGhee had a dead leg, keatings looked like a wee strain, I think he was taken off as a precaution. I would expect both to be back for the weekend

Oliver booted Keatings in the shin

Then McGhee stepped in and Oliver head butted him. He was going to have a go at Robbie, but thankfully other players managed to restrain him. I'd say Oliver is on his last chance if he doesn't improve his attitude.

loveofthegame

I though McGhee's looked the more serious, he was limping badly walking off at H/T and had ice on thigh area.

Keatings came back on but was prob sensible to take him off rather than risk another injury.

Then McGhee stepped in and Oliver head butted him. He was going to have a go at Robbie, but thankfully other players managed to restrain him. I'd say Oliver is on his last chance if he doesn't improve his attitude.

Thought I was in the WWE thread there..

I was surprised that McGhee was playing tonight ... For a young lad he has played a lot recently.... Maybe this contributed to him picking up a strain?

Can we stop with the absolutely shan Oliver patter

It's the new puns.

Chewin the fat style it's been taken too far

Hungry hippo

I was surprised that McGhee was playing tonight ... For a young lad he has played a lot recently.... Maybe this contributed to him picking up a strain?

RN mentioned after the Livi game that he hadn't felt the need to rest McGhee as he probably wouldn't play as much as some of the others over the course of the season.

RustyRightPeg

Wee bit surprised myself, thought they might have given Big Eck a run out tonight.

I'm pretty sure it was a dead leg so I don't think it's related to over playing. On the plus side I thought Gordon did well when he came on

It's the new puns.

I was using it ironically. :oldsad:

It's the new puns.

Gonny no dae that, just gonny no? Is that what you're trying to say?

tartofmidlothian

Cheers for the info.

Neither would be a huge miss with Smith and Sow able to take over, just don't want our squad stretched further. Especially after Keatings' problems already.

loveofthegame

Cheers for the info.

Neither would be a huge miss with Smith and Sow able to take over, just don't want our squad stretched further. Especially after Keatings' problems already.

L Smith looked a fair bit off being ready for first team football tonight, especially 2nd half.

McGhee's is definitely a dead leg and nothing serious

Very good news.

L Smith looked a fair bit off being ready for first team football tonight, especially 2nd half.

Very good news.

Actually thought he looked decent, very good 1st half, faded last 15 but then again so did most !

loveofthegame

Actually thought he looked decent, very good 1st half, faded last 15 but then again so did most !

I thought he tended to lump the ball forward too much aimlessly down the line.

Looked quite decent first half though I'd agree. He is very, very young still so not having a proper go, just not convinced he is quite ready.

The Treasurer

I thought he tended to lump the ball forward too much aimlessly down the line.

Looked quite decent first half though I'd agree. He is very, very young still so not having a proper go, just not convinced he is quite ready.

I thought it was more the lack of options that forced him to hit long.

He looked to be a good prospect but not sure if he's ready for a regular first team spot just yet

Wee bit surprised myself, thought they might have given Big Eck a run out tonight.

Nah. He is too busy trying to persuade people that independence is good for Scotland.

Really? The same type they train on at times?

I thought it was more the stenny players booting them but then it's all about perceptions.

is it not a different type of pitch?

anyway you are correct about their fouling .. ref was useless as ever nowadays

he used to be decent as well before his injury

Archived