Why doesn't Kickback work for me.

269miles

Can anyone help me out ?

I've been using JKB for years but noticed recently that I can't "quote" or "multiquote" to a post when uing Chrome. I've just installed Mozilla and I have exactly the same problem. I can reply to a post in either browser so why can't I "quote" ? Also in using Chrome in the past I can reply to a thread - or so it seem but when I try to post my comments it doesn't work. This has happened many times. Any suggestions ?

chester copperpot

Can anyone help me out ?

I've been using JKB for years but noticed recently that I can't "quote" or "multiquote" to a post when uing Chrome. I've just installed Mozilla and I have exactly the same problem. I can reply to a post in either browser so why can't I "quote" ? Also in using Chrome in the past I can reply to a thread - or so it seem but when I try to post my comments it doesn't work. This has happened many times. Any suggestions ?

I use google chrome, and normally click on the 'multi quote' then on the more reply options at the bottom. Then obviously add reply when ready to post.

Dokratr0

Yes , I am .

And it still doesn't work, not even in Mozillla.

Even in "reply to this topic" the "pot" option doesn't work.

I use google chrome, and normally click on the 'multi quote' then on the more reply options at the bottom. Then obviously add reply when ready to post.

I had the same problem but think you have just solved it :2thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Have had the same problem with quoting posts for a couple of months. The suggested fix doesn't work.

Guest GhostHunter

I've been working with a few of you to fix this, but as of now, I cannot replicate the issue using any browser across any system.

It's frustrating because I have no idea what's causing it, there's no common factor in any of it ...

Quick question though - can you all see the Quote button beside the multi quote button on each post ?

chester copperpot

I've been working with a few of you to fix this, but as of now, I cannot replicate the issue using any browser across any system.

It's frustrating because I have no idea what's causing it, there's no common factor in any of it ...

Quick question though - can you all see the Quote button beside the multi quote button on each post ?

Yes!

Dokratr0

Yes , I am .

And it still doesn't work, not even in Mozillla.

Even in "reply to this topic" the "pot" option doesn't work.

Well then, I have no idea. :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Since Chester Copperpot clearly doesn't have the problem, here is a "yes" to Dexter's question from someone who does.

Guest GhostHunter

For me it puts text in the "Reply to this topic" box.

Okay - does it look this

[quote name='Francis Albert' timestamp='1409068734' post='4397883']
For me it puts text in the "Reply to this topic" box.
[/quote]

Also,at the top of the fast reply box, top left beside your avatar, there's a little white box with a black "hook" like thing in it - try clicking that, then trying to post the reply.

chester copperpot

What happens when you press it ?

It should put text in the fast reply box...

It does fella yeah. It didn't used to do this though! Does now!

Francis Albert

What "fast reply box"?

All I get when pressing "Quote" is a blank "Reply to this topic" box.

The fast reply box seems to have disappeared altogether!

Francis Albert

Okay - does it look this

Also,at the top of the fast reply box, top left beside your avatar, there's a little white box with a black "hook" like thing in it - try clicking that, then trying to post the reply.

Ah ha! No idea what I did but whatever it was it seems to have worked.

Was it the "Toggle editing mode" thingy that you were talking about - pressing this seems to have solved the Quote problem and an annoyingly slow spell check type operation I've been suffering from.

Francis Albert

Okay - does it look this

Just checking I can repeat the trick - thanks for the help.(still don't have a fast reply box but never used it anyway)

Toxteth O'Grady

Sorry Fast Reply = Reply to this Topic

:lol:

Oops

Dexter I couldn't quote a few seconds ago but now I can

Sorry Fast Reply = Reply to this Topic

:lol:

Oops

TheMaganator

I had the same problem at work with internet explorer.

It's fine in chrome

I was hitting 'quote' and nothing was quoting in the text box

I'm getting this problem in IE, Chrome and Firefox.

I can't reply to a post unless I go to reply options and then reply. It's getting a it wearing.

Dexter, I wrote to you/Admins about this a few days ago and didn't get a reply. Or maybe I did but i can't ees it. Or maybe my reply didn't get sent. Who feckin knows.

Guest GhostHunter

Do you see the Reply to this topic box at the bottom of the page ?

If you do, click in it then follow the instructions above (box top left beside avatar)...

If not - please post a screenshot so that I can try to figure out what's wrong.

Ricardo Quaresma

Had the 'no quote text' in the reply box for a while (FF30) but ok now

Got round it by pressing quote button again, works 2nd time

Ricardo Quaresma

Always suspected it was ghostery or poss ABP

If GoogleApis is blocked in ghostery, it removes the NavBar, as it utilises that (ABP will do the same)

ETA: wahey, 1000 posts; what's the prize? :)

"Reply to this topic" has an avatar - but there is no other info displayed and there is no other box / white box beside it.

Also there is no option to put emotions into the reply. Is this correct ?

Something else Dex - this is FI only , Im not asking you to look at this but....

Today - not for the first time - I tried to log in at work and didn't even get a web page . It failed saying web page not available. This has happened numerous times. This is on a different laptop from what I'm currently using. I could access any other web page as per usual but for some weird reason , not Kickback.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I had the problem with internet explorer and found ( on the laptop that is) if I right clicked on quote and then clicked open it worked. Only work if using that device though.

Carl Spackler

If it helps I can tell you that quoting works in Chrome for me but it doesn't work in IE11 (Windows 7).

I'm in Chrome now but the cursor and typing is very jumpy/delayed. This is a new thing.

I had the problem with internet explorer and found ( on the laptop that is) if I right clicked on quote and then clicked open it worked. Only work if using that device though.

This is the only way it works for me too!

Buffalo Bill

In the last few months, I've been typing through treacle, metaphorically speaking.

In the last few months, I've been typing through treacle, metaphorically speaking.

testing testing . yes sorted cheers guys.

Archived