Night life in...

Lady jambo

Lady jambo

Aberdeen.

Well guys and dolls, my mate wants to go up to Aberdeen to see some family but also wants me to go so she can go out... she paying me out so how can i refuse!

But I have never been to Aberdeen before so what is the night life like?

Cheers

:)

No, sometimes it's more like this:

Flock_of_sheep.jpg

2 sheep.

1179999043sheep_by_teocava.jpg

Or if you like interracial.......

Doctor FinnBarr
Aberdeen.

Well guys and dolls, my mate wants to go up to Aberdeen to see some family but also wants me to go so she can go out... she paying me out so how can i refuse!

Cheers

You should try Peep Peeps, down by the harbour someplace. Was on the TV last week, looks like a fun place!

:confused:

Goose Baxter
Aberdeen.

Cheers

What EVER you do Lady Jambo please PLEASE book a taxi to pick you up after the night out. Aberdeen taxi company's do not pick you up off the street and if you phone one up they will not pick you any place in Aberdeen. There are about 5 taxi ranks up and down the main street in Aberdeen and they ar usually about 75+ people in the queue.

Its a great night out and burger king is still open at 4am which is great for a drunken munch.

Dean Winchester
What EVER you do Lady Jambo please PLEASE book a taxi to pick you up after the night out. Aberdeen taxi company's do not pick you up off the street and if you phone one up they will not pick you any place in Aberdeen. There are about 5 taxi ranks up and down the main street in Aberdeen and they ar usually about 75+ people in the queue.

Its a great night out and burger king is still open at 4am which is great for a drunken munch.

The thing is.... You just walk into the queue at the front haha I've done it many times in Aberdeen and noone in the queue has been any wiser, their usually too drunk :rolleyes:

Depends what night you are going out and what your looking for.

Exodus is a good bet for most nights of the week. They play all music apart from dance.

Liquid is ok but a bit chavy and cheesy, its by far the biggest nightclub in aberdeen, usually a good night.

If you want live music then Moshulu is the place to go.

For pubs, Belmont street is the place to be, about 10 bars and pubs along it that are all decent. Beware, pubs close at 12 and clubs at 2.

Oh and i would avoid Jumpin Jaks, Priory and Espionage, they're crap imo

People go on about the sheep, but they're stuck in the past. It's all about the cattle in Aberdeen these days.

The typical night out for a young lady of your age in Aberdeen would involve being courted by the young bucks - Hector and co, I imagine. They'll take you out for a romantic drive in their tractor before maybe, if you're lucky, heading down to the cinema to see one of the latest box office smashes. I hear that Casablanca is popular at the moment. Following that, you'll be taken home to meet the parents - they'll be looking for your potential as a wife to their darling in terms of how much use you'll be about the farm, so be sure to wear old clothes - galoshes and a plaid shirt would do - and try your best to look like a woman who could carry a calf under each arm. I reccommend a punishing r?gime of bodybuilding for this. Finally, Hamish's parents (if you choose Hamish, obviously) will quiz you as to your likes and dislikes and so on. Try to avoid saying that you like any of the following :

- Elvis Presley (the devil's music)

- The Beatles (the devil's music)

- Dancing (flighty)

- Football (not for women)

- Talking to other men (flighty)

- Alcohol (the devil's substance)

- Women's rights (burn the witch)

- Anything else that isn't cooking, housework and helping out around the farm (dangerously Liberal)

Try to follow these simple pointers and you should be fine. Good luck! :)

Lady jambo

Thanks guys!

And thanks for the taxi and burger king tip Dazzler ;)

and Gunny it will be Friday 6 and Saturday 7 June and as I have never been To Aberdeen before at all... (not even for football) I really dont know what to expect.

Why do clubs shut early.. although its just like in Dundee its all good.

christhejambo

Sheep jokes aside, it's a decent night out. Depending on what sort of thing you're into, most tastes are catered for and within easy walking distance of eachother. Belmont street is a good bet to start with, plenty of pubs and bars. As for clubs, again depends on your tastes, but there's Liquid (bit like City or Cav), Priory (big converted church on Belmont Street, but a bit neddy IMO), Tiger Tiger and Snafu are your more trendy bar/club type places and can be a decent alternative to Liquid if you dont want to be greeted by vomiting students. For its size, its got an excellent variety of places to head to on a night out

Chip Douglas
Depends what night you are going out and what your looking for.

Exodus is a good bet for most nights of the week. They play all music apart from dance.

Liquid is ok but a bit chavy and cheesy, its by far the biggest nightclub in aberdeen, usually a good night.

If you want live music then Moshulu is the place to go.

For pubs, Belmont street is the place to be, about 10 bars and pubs along it that are all decent. Beware, pubs close at 12 and clubs at 2.

Oh and i would avoid Jumpin Jaks, Priory and Espionage, they're crap imo

Since when? It used to be 2am but most clubs are now 3am.

Unless things have regressed within the last 6 months.

Since when? It used to be 2am but most clubs are now 3am.

Unless things have regressed within the last 6 months.

I think its only friday and saturday that are 3am (im a student so i tend not to be out these nights)

Prices are the same as every other city really, archibald simpsons on the corner of union street is the cheapest pub but it lacks any atmosphere. Theres always deals on in the clubs for vodka + dash or poof juice

christhejambo

It is only Fri/Sat that they are open till 3am. Mondays and Wednesdays are popular student nights, so there's usually a few people about if you're out during the week as opposed to the weekend. Drinks are, on average slightly cheaper that Edinburgh- as are taxis- but obviously depends where and waht you're drinking. Used to work in the Archibald Simpson, and while it is cheapish, the atmosphere is utter garbage, as one of the posts above says. Best heading to Belomnt Street as i said, until you get your bearings- depending on what night of the week it is, there's usually an offer or two to be sniffed out somewhere!

Dix Handley
Sheep jokes aside, it's a decent night out. Depending on what sort of thing you're into, most tastes are catered for and within easy walking distance of eachother. Belmont street is a good bet to start with, plenty of pubs and bars. As for clubs, again depends on your tastes, but there's Liquid (bit like City or Cav), Priory (big converted church on Belmont Street, but a bit neddy IMO), Tiger Tiger and Snafu are your more trendy bar/club type places and can be a decent alternative to Liquid if you dont want to be greeted by vomiting students. For its size, its got an excellent variety of places to head to on a night out

Back in the dim and distant did this used to be Gabriels? We are talking

80`s here..:o

Lady jambo

Ok Guys thanks for your help... even the smart arses....

cant wait to get away from here for a couple of days even if it is just aberdeen.

yvonnejambo

Only place I would avoid like the plague is Moshulu hell on earth! If Drum is still across the road from it is ok :) Belmont Street is a good place to start (and sometimes end) and the taxi thing is correct and the worst bit of a night out in Aberdeen, unless you are staying in the town and can walk home.

Lady jambo

Dont need to worry about taxi's my mates aunt is gonna pick us up :D

thank feck for that!

Archived