The Offspring

neave

chester copperpot
are fantastic.

End of.

:)

Decent. Not really my cup of tea, but can see how people like them.

Decent. Not really my cup of tea, but can see how people like them.

Nor are they mine, Andy. I prefer my black/death metal or grindcore but there's just something about The Offspring that I love. Maybe it's the riffage. Maybe it's the predictable but brilliantly simple content. I dunno. But it's ****ing magic.

I strangely lost 2 of their albums (Americana and Smash) a while ago and recently replaced them from Amazon. I can't believe what I've missed!

Ivan Drago

They are indeed superb.

Think the older stuff is better though, I think Smash is the best album they've done.

They are indeed superb.

Think the older stuff is better though, I think Smash is the best album they've done.

Aye, I would agree with that. I'm a big fan of Conspiracy of One but no-one seems to agree with that. Cracking wee album, IMO.

I grew up with Americana (amongst other things like Rage, Nirvana etc, Papa Roach, Maiden etc) so that's always got a wee place in my heart.

Ivan Drago
Aye, I would agree with that. I'm a big fan of Conspiracy of One but no-one seems to agree with that. Cracking wee album, IMO.

I grew up with Americana (amongst other things like Rage, Nirvana etc, Papa Roach, Maiden etc) so that's always got a wee place in my heart.

tbh i haven''t actually heard any of the albums after Americana, just the singles. Not because i dont like the new stuff or dont want to listen to it, i've just never got round to it.

Saw them live at Leeds festival a few years ago. I think they were really good, but my memory is a bit hazy.....:)

tbh i haven''t actually heard any of the albums after Americana, just the singles. Not because i dont like the new stuff or dont want to listen to it, i've just never got round to it.

Saw them live at Leeds festival a few years ago. I think they were really good, but my memory is a bit hazy.....:)

Aye, I would give C.O.O a try man; you'll like it. I see they're headlining Download this year, but the line-up seems to be more aimed at the Emos; Bodom on the second stage and a ridiculously large amount of ****e bands getting high spots, so it looks like that'll be getting missed.

Ivan Drago
Aye, I would give C.O.O a try man; you'll like it. I see they're headlining Download this year, but the line-up seems to be more aimed at the Emos; Bodom on the second stage and a ridiculously large amount of ****e bands getting high spots, so it looks like that'll be getting missed.

Yeah i've been wanting to go to download for a while but i have no idea what they are trying to do with the lineups, like u say they seem to be leaning towards 'emo', but then they have Kiss as one of the headliners! :confused:

I'll have a look for COO later, think theres a few other ones i've still to listen to as well

The old school stuff was indeed the boom shizzle.

Welcome to intermission. Yeeeeeah. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Ya ya ya ya ya!!!

This is quite unrelated, but I found it ****ing hilarious and it's now my Bebo video:

Ivan Drago
This is quite unrelated, but I found it ****ing hilarious and it's now my Bebo video:

Lounge metal :)

• 5 weeks later...
Romanov Stole My Pension

I remember when my mum became unemployed and was really struggling to find a job, me and my sister phoned up Forth 1 (my mum was listening to it at the time) and requested Why Don't You Get a Job for her. My mum was not best pleased, funny as hell tho

That is superb!! Take note kids.

ANy idea what song that was in the video? Sounded pretty brutal, me likey.

Always liked the Offspring.

Like Neave said, I grew up with Americana. I was about 9/10 when it came out, and just thinking it was the bee's knees.

Good times.

Era Macaroons
are fantastic.

End of.

Great entertainment Live

Saw them in a stadium gig in Brisbane at a bash called 'LIVID' (like T in the park-ish) in 1999.

The lights went up to reveal 5 men standing in a line not moving an inch

.....but hold on this wasnt The Offspring this was Westlife or Boyzone (a boyband anyway, they're all the same to me).

Enter Offspring stage right at pace ..... all brandishing baseball bats....who then proceded to smash up the boyband cardboard dummies till they were no more.

:clubbed:

Crowd go wild :rock2:

:band:

Great entertainment Live

Saw them in a stadium gig in Brisbane at a bash called 'LIVID' (like T in the park-ish) in 1999.

The lights went up to reveal 5 men standing in a line not moving an inch

.....but hold on this wasnt The Offspring this was Westlife or Boyzone (a boyband anyway, they're all the same to me).

Enter Offspring stage right at pace ..... all brandishing baseball bats....who then proceded to smash up the boyband cardboard dummies till they were no more.

:clubbed:

Crowd go wild :rock2:

:band:

I remember seeing them at the Barrowlands about 1995/96.

Great live act.

Bert Le Clos

Don't like any of their stuff after Conspiracy of One but The Kids Aren't Alright is one of my favourite songs ever.

Archived