What do kickbackers expect of our young team ?

jock _turd

OK I have let the dust settle for a couple of days but just have to ask the question. I live abroad and follow things on kickback. On Sunday I followed the match on kickback as usual... to be honest the reaction by some to our performance and individuals early in the game defied belief! We have a young and inexperienced side who have a lot of expectation on their shoulders . They were playing their first really meaningful game together at Ibrox in front 43k screaming huns,did people really think they were just going t stroll out there and hammer Rangers? I have been reading some of the threads on kickback and to be honest I think quite a few people have got the idea that Hearts are going to stroll through this season to a glorious promotion, I hope we do but is not going to be a stroll here are quite a few good teams in the division!

I expect them to compete, as they did on Sunday. I expect them to play a bit more of a passing game. I expect that there will be the odd hiccup along the way but I expect them to be in at the death.

It maintains a youth and inexperience to it but let's not forget that Wilson, Gomis, Alexander/Gallacher, Buaben, Sow and Keatings have all been around the block plenty of times now.

What we have now is an almost perfect mix of youthful energy and determination to prove yourself with older experience heads to guide and control the game. It is the mix that wins trophies and titles.

Quality is no longer in question. Whether we win the title or not will be decided by consistency.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

OK I have let the dust settle for a couple of days but just have to ask the question. I live abroad and follow things on kickback. On Sunday I followed the match on kickback as usual... to be honest the reaction by some to our performance and individuals early in the game defied belief! We have a young and inexperienced side who have a lot of expectation on their shoulders . They were playing their first really meaningful game together at Ibrox in front 43k screaming huns,did people really think they were just going t stroll out there and hammer Rangers? I have been reading some of the threads on kickback and to be honest I think quite a few people have got the idea that Hearts are going to stroll through this season to a glorious promotion, I hope we do but is not going to be a stroll here are quite a few good teams in the division!

I expect them to play to the best of their ability, and because of that end up finishing in the top two. All I expect is effort, and if that is what we get, then they are talented enough to win the big prize, imo.

Dagger Is Back

100% effort and commitment

Working as a team

Never say die attitude

Play with confidence and belief

Play to the best of their individual and collective abilities

In return they'll get 10% backing home and away

Deliver all of that and we have enough to see us over the line

scott herbertson

100% effort and commitment

Working as a team

Never say die attitude

Play with confidence and belief

Play to the best of their individual and collective abilities

In return they'll get 10% backing home and away

Deliver all of that and we have enough to see us over the line

Jeez - you're hard to please!!!

As I said in a previous thread, patience and understanding was for the bairns last year. They have a had at least a full season (some have had more) plus a pre-season under their belts, couple this with the experience we have added to the squad and the crap thats in our league (hibs, cowdenbeath etc) then you have to conclude that we (the 12,500 season ticket holders) should demand a really excellent season. Not saying we will win EVERY game but I would be expecting 8-9 wins out of 10 and if the players dont give 100% then they will be getting abuse from me.

Whats bad is that we are 1 game in and already 2 of the squad crocked. Hope this does not get much worse or it would have a bad impact on our small squad which would be understandable. Too many dumb bookings wont help either.

Im going for a narrow league win.

I expect us to win the league. Our only rivals for the title have been shown up when they have played SPL teams in the Cup the last couple of seasons, and the fact we beat them on Sunday when we didn't play that well vindicates this. Fingers crossed we aren't hampered by injuries too much at any point and that the players who step in are able to do a job.

At the moment, all I expect from them is the same I expect from every other player who's worn the Hearts jersey.

Burst our bitch neighbours with a big maroon boaby.

Effort and hard work.

Sensible actions.

Misplaced passes will happen, sitters will be missed, defenders will be skinned. That's acceptable as long as lessons are learned and improvement is made.

portobellojambo1

All I'm looking for is hard work, and a sense, from viewing, that where mistakes are made, and there will be mistakes, they learn from those mistakes going forward. I liked what I saw in pre season, while accepting that is was only pre season, then I enjoyed the victory on Sunday, and what I really took from it was the reaction to losing the equalising goal. In the past I would have probably thought, oh well here goes, the heads will go down, and in the remaining 5 minutes we will concede again. But no, we went straight back up the park and restored our lead. I really don't know enough about all the other teams in the league to gaze forward but we will all have a better idea come the end of the first round of results. And if we can maintain the progression there is no reason why we cannot be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

RenfrewHearts

All I'm looking for is hard work, and a sense, from viewing, that where mistakes are made, and there will be mistakes, they learn from those mistakes going forward. I liked what I saw in pre season, while accepting that is was only pre season, then I enjoyed the victory on Sunday, and what I really took from it was the reaction to losing the equalising goal. In the past I would have probably thought, oh well here goes, the heads will go down, and in the remaining 5 minutes we will concede again. But no, we went straight back up the park and restored our lead. I really don't know enough about all the other teams in the league to gaze forward but we will all have a better idea come the end of the first round of results. And if we can maintain the progression there is no reason why we cannot be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Ross County last season being a prime example, the players are coming on superbly and will only get stronger as the season progresses. Results like Sundays will only help aswell.

RustyRightPeg

The Quadruple

:cornette:

My expectations are reasonable.

I expect 100% effort from the players, 100% of the time. From the coaching/management staff, I expect creativity, the ability to adapt to changing circumstances, and leadership.

Then let the chips fall where they may.

My expectations are reasonable.

I expect 100% effort from the players, 100% of the time. From the coaching/management staff, I expect creativity, the ability to adapt to changing circumstances, and leadership.

Then let the chips fall where they may.

Come on the Hearts.

J.T.F.Robertson

I crawled out my scratcher on Sunday (a bit late) and first of all opened up the game thread on KB. Although I knew the game to be scoreless, going by some of the "commentary" on here, I had the impression we were playing shite.

Anyway, to get to the point, I watched the Charity Shield game, then to my surprise, our game came up next. Now, it may just be me, but I thought in that first half that we actually looked pretty good and the only times we were under pressure was when we self-inflicted it by coughing up possession in defence.

When the game was over, I couldn't fathom some of the hysteria I'd been reading, early doors.

I'm not claiming we were world beaters, but even if we'd lost, I don't think I would have been too despondant at the display.

That's my tuppence worth..

Guest Bilel Mohsni

10% at all times, or gtfo! :mad:

Seriously though. Add another zero, and the OP is pretty spot on IMO.

grantaitchie8

100% winning record in the league, at least one 5-1 win over the shite, 2 cups; no less, and a ?10m bid for at least 1 of them at the end of the season.

Unknown user

I expect they'll try their best, make mistakes, learn lessons, play exciting football, win more than they lose and beat Hibs convincingly and consistently.

I expect I'll really enjoy the journey and also the bond which is forming between fans and players, even from this distance.

Can't say the team r that young &inexperienced now,main rivals(sevco) aren't in any great shape as was proven on Sunday,u look at the other teams in that league & I fancy our chances home&away against every 1 of them,we won't win every game + injuries suspensions 2kick in but every team has 2contend with that.Would have taken 2nd b4 Sunday but having watched sevco the league is there 4the taken.

Archived