Autumn

WavyGravy

I like it. Anyone else like it?

Its my favourite season. Not too hot, not too cold. Great colours around the park et al. Cant wait. :)

And its nice for a name too. :thumbsup:

I like when it gets dark a bit earlier. Dont get me wrong, I like the summer but autumn is when football starts again. Few drinks after the game. Seems like its more of an occasion to go on the shant in the autumn/winter. I'm rambling. I'm bored

I like Autumn, best season. There is also a burd at work called Autumn, she is fit and I like her too.

North Berwick Jambo

No! I hate cold weather with a vengeance and Autumn is the first sign its on the way. If I could hibernate till April I would.

Every seasons has something special. Autumn is great for the leaves coming off, golden brown, and then, after a slightly frosty night, being crispy and great to kick through as you walk through the botanics with the kids en route to a coffee shop for a latte and caramel shortcake.

Autumn I find a bit depressing, nights shorter, cooler, another summer gone, another year in. The hockey season will start, and the football season in full swing in Scotland so there are compensations, but I am a true blue summer man, love hot sunshine, love all the colors in the garden and the cold drinks on the pation in the shade. Of course being alive whatever the season is, is a bonus.

The hockey season will start

You could have just used that line Bob. Time for the real sport to start.:jjyay:

FFS. The middle of a brilliant summer and folk are extolling the virtues of a season when everything begins to die off.

Autumn GTF.

The Real Maroonblood

FFS. The middle of a brilliant summer and folk are extolling the virtues of a season when everything begins to die off.

Autumn GTF.

Agreed it is rather depressing.

Autumn's are really nice where I am in New England, that's about the only positive for me. I hate the shorter days and cooling temperatures. I also hate the prospect of snow by November. Give me summer and beer gardens, bbq's and bikini-clad hotties by the pool any day off the week.

Autumn GTF.

Not everyone is a fan of summer for many reasons.

Regal Kingston

As a hay fever sufferer and seagull hater - May to August sucks.

Love autumn and winter.

Especially snuggling up in bed. Magic!

As a train driver I absolutely hate autumn!!

Tracks get slippy as feck with the leaf fall!!!

Bet it causes confusion and delay.

As a teacher Autumn is the start of the year and therefore balls. I actually quite like winter as a teacher as by then I am used to the classes and working through the courses for the certificate year groups.

I always found autumn a bit depressing when I was young, but now I don't mind it at all. Best weather of the year in Sydney is in autumn.

I love the colours of Autumn, easily my favourite time of year because, as others have said, football season is in full swing by then.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

As a hay fever sufferer and seagull hater - May to August sucks.

Love autumn and winter.

Especially snuggling up in bed. Magic!

Cracking point, well made. :)

I had a mate in New York who every October threw a party called 'Fall can go f@ck itself'.

I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment. The last two nights in London have been the first time in about ten weeks where it's been two cold to stand outside until late in just a shirt.

Shite state of affairs.

Was just having this conversation today. Autumn has always been my favourite season, I love the nights drawing in a little... Loved going back to school and the start up of PE and the football season again.

I like the crisp cool air that nips your cheeks on a long walk, sitting in a pub with a fire going, bonfire night and getting the soup pot on again ... The countdown to Crhristmas. All great things.

The Real Maroonblood

Aye its great putting the central heating, jumpers and jackets back on eh! FFS.

They'll keep your cheeks warm.

Aye its great putting the central heating, jumpers and jackets back on eh! FFS.

Or nae clothes and sweat running down your sack and crack? I'd rather have the jumper thanks.:lol:

Lancashire_Lou

My favourite season. Woolly hats, parched peas, crunchy leaves, bonfires & my birthday. Lovely stuff

Supposed to be the wettest and windiest autumn on record approaching. Won't be any different than any other autumn imo

John Gentleman

The only thing wrong with autumn is the knowledge that winter's not far behind. Or, at least, what passes for 'winter' in Adelaide. It's a bit strange really. The seasons aren't sharply defined here compared to back hame. They sort of slowly blend into each other. As I'm typing this (tail-end of winter) I'm surrounded by streets and gardens full of daffodils. The almond and cherry blossoms are also at their peak. All very typical for this time of year, yet there's always an 'unseasonal' feel about it...............if you get the drift?

The one great thing about autumn is the relief it provides from the blast-furnace known as summer!

Archived