Defending 1-0 to defending 2-1

Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

I noticed during the game yesterday as soon as the board went up for injury time the whole team started sitting back resulting in their goal. 2 minutes later 2-1 up and we're pushing them back winning free kicks and corners in their half and keeping the pressure off our defence. It's testimony to the confidence Neilson has instilled in them that they were comfortable doing that.

I realise it's the Championship and this isn't the rangers of before but I can't help thinking we're witnessing something very special with this team. We know after yesterday we can only get better and that must be truly frightening for every other team in the league.

Walter Bishop

As someone else said yesterday i think we seen Rangers give it their all yesterday whereas we had a game plan that saw us play patiently and when required we upped the tempo. Despite a couple of missed chances for Rangers we were very comfortable and never looked like losing the game. I think we will see a totally different Hearts next Sunday, high tempo attacking football and as you say its testimony to Neilson for instilling this in the team.

Archived