What is a penalty these days?

avhudtheteeshirt

avhudtheteeshirt

After watching the game today I am left wondering what constitutes a penalty? At the end of the first half the Hearts player was running into the box and is tripped from the side. Hearts players never asked the question of the referee but in my eyes if it was at the other end it would have been a stonewall penalty. When it was shown during the match in replay they said it was no penalty but my view was that contact was made and the referee had a good view of it? At half time it was not even spoken about and that's usually a sign that it should have been given.

After watching the game today I am left wondering what constitutes a penalty? At the end of the first half the Hearts player was running into the box and is tripped from the side. Hearts players never asked the question of the referee but in my eyes if it was at the other end it would have been a stonewall penalty. When it was shown during the match in replay they said it was no penalty but my view was that contact was made and the referee had a good view of it? At half time it was not even spoken about and that's usually a sign that it should have been given.

That's because it wasn't a penalty.

Rangers would have got one for it

They did have a stronger case in the first half when Wilson, I think, had his hands all over elbows in the first half he also clamed for a penalty when he thought he was blocked in the second half which like the one the OP is claiming never was.

Dallas Green

It wasn't a penalty.

Contact also doesn't mean it's a foul.

There is contact all over the park and fouls don't get given.

King went down looking for it, when he realised he didn't actually get caught he got up without making a massive fuss, something that the rangers players would have done, like elbows crying for penalties for scuffed shots.

Archived